Egg Whites

capecodhome

Original Poster
I am on a weight loss journey and was wondering if you could order egg whites at Ohanas or any of the other family style or buffets?

The Mom

Premium Member
The OP is asking about the buffets, and whether they routinely have two choices of scrambled eggs - whole eggs or just egg whites. @Prince-1 replied that his wife was able to get them at Ohanas - but I interpreted it to mean that you have to ask?

Baldy

If you do the breakfast buffet at Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge), there’s an egg white omelet on the regular buffet. There are also devilled eggs. You could easily pop out the filling and eat the egg white (or it’s possible they could provide un-filled ones).

slappy magoo

If the buffet includes an omelet station (assuming any still do, it's been a while since I've gone) you can request an egg white omelet. I do it all the time. It really balances out all the pastries! #badumbump

ppete1975

If the buffet includes an omelet station (assuming any still do, it's been a while since I've gone) you can request an egg white omelet. I do it all the time. It really balances out all the pastries! #badumbump
only issue is how much oil they use to keep the omelet from sticking :(

MaryJaneP

If a customer has to order it, does it count as a buffet offering? Order egg white omelet at the omelet ordering station. G/L on your journey.

ppete1975

A small price to pay for the illusion of health
Its amazing how much oil or butter is used whenever you eat out. You can order the healthiest foods and still have half a stick of butter added. When i was really big about every macro going into my body it was difficult to eat out anywhere. You can always ask for them to hold things but... if its not in front of you its hard to know everything. And egg stations they are going to use some amount of oil to keep it from sticking.

slappy magoo

Its amazing how much oil or butter is used whenever you eat out. You can order the healthiest foods and still have half a stick of butter added. When i was really big about every macro going into my body it was difficult to eat out anywhere. You can always ask for them to hold things but... if its not in front of you its hard to know everything. And egg stations they are going to use some amount of oil to keep it from sticking.
Not Disney related but...when my sister in law got married in Key West, my wife and I would take walks in the morning and pick up these breakfast sandwiches in a little hole in the wall and they were the most amazing sandwiches I ever tasted. I assumed the ingredients were fresh because of all the chickens running around. Last morning we were there we brought my wife's parents because we told them how good the sandwiches were. And it was then I finally realized they were using practically an entire half-stick of butter for each egg. "Farm fresh" my increasingly widening butt

ppete1975

Not Disney related but...when my sister in law got married in Key West, my wife and I would take walks in the morning and pick up these breakfast sandwiches in a little hole in the wall and they were the most amazing sandwiches I ever tasted. I assumed the ingredients were fresh because of all the chickens running around. Last morning we were there we brought my wife's parents because we told them how good the sandwiches were. And it was then I finally realized they were using practically an entire half-stick of butter for each egg. "Farm fresh" my increasingly widening butt
exactly one day after the gym i went to a local breakfast place for some egg whites, i was waiting next to the kitchen and just watching things out of boredom. And this lady had one of those gigantic tubs of butter spread. She would pick up a piece of bread and with a spatula put about a half stick of butter on each piece of bread before putting it on the toaster ...
explains why toast is amazing there i guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom