EE Update Feature

Tim G

Ghostbuster626 said:
geez where the heck did the money go? Certainly not in the attraction. No doubt, into Eisners pockets!
M.E. was about the only person who didn't want M:S... He needed to be locked up in a mock-up of a M:S pod... to get the green light...

R&D and NASA research... those things simply don't come cheap...

orlandorealtor

Little update from today. No steam effect. And, unless it was really low or I just never noticed, there is a very loud and long Yeti roar at the exit tunnel before you go to the unloading platform.

orlandorealtor

Interestingly, and maybe I missed this here in for the forums. But that really is steam. I had always thought it was some stage smoke effect. You can see the heat resonating off of the machinery behind the load platform where it is originated and you can definitely feel it when you are in line for the last few rows.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Corrus said:
M.E. was about the only person who didn't want M:S... He needed to be locked up in a mock-up of a M:S pod... to get the green light...

R&D and NASA research... those things simply don't come cheap...

And what a brave man ME was to have a go in that mockup. People who have ridden that thing have told me of the nightmares experienced in that rig LOL.

Tim G

wdwmagic said:
And what a brave man ME was to have a go in that mockup. People who have ridden that thing have told me of the nightmares experienced in that rig LOL.
It got everyone pretty claustrophobic...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Corrus said:
It got everyone pretty claustrophobic...

People think the version at Epcot causes motion sickness, from accounts I've been told, the mockup version was on a whole different level. Must have been interesting for those involved.

Lee

Adventurer
wdwmagic said:
People think the version at Epcot causes motion sickness, from accounts I've been told, the mockup version was on a whole different level. Must have been interesting for those involved.
Kinda like in Moonraker.:eek:

dxwwf3

wdwmagic said:

Well I wish they would have made a replica of the mockup version for one centrifuge of the actual attraction. Some of us would appreciate the intensity turned up to 11.

EpcotServo

It's real steam. If you feel it, it's pretty warm. They use some ways of cooling it down before it reaches guests, but it's real steam. That large machine behind load you mentioned is the main steam unit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom