EE Update Feature

ogryn

Corrus said:
Phew!!!
excellent explanation, I'm always pretty bad in explaining these thing, I know the way the hypothesis works, but I can't teach. You can, because you ARE a teacher... and that's a gift too...

Ditto. Great explination Madison :wave:

Tim G

*puts up high donald duck voice * AND... JEEZ!!! the world starts spinning again...

Maybe next time... when I feel a bit better... :D

BANG... !!!

Laying on the floor again... :(

Epcot82Guy

Sorry for sparking a physics discussion there, everyone. My point was actually that a heavier coaster train will tend to stay in motion longer since the bodies inside build up more inertia. In other words, they don't fall faster but stay "falling" longer. I agree with the free fall concept (since the wind sheer is fairly minimal). Again, if my physics is off, sorry. Honestly, the top of the hill is almost more interesting to me than the base. Anyway, I just wanted to know if the darn thing was going at a decent keel since 50 mph is a "midzone" for larger coasters! :D And thanks for the one person that actually answered it! :hammer: :lol:

SilentWindODoom

QUEEEEEEEEEEN!!!​

My_Collage1.jpg

animal_king1990

Epcot82Guy said:
Sorry for sparking a physics discussion there, everyone. My point was actually that a heavier coaster train will tend to stay in motion longer since the bodies inside build up more inertia. In other words, they don't fall faster but stay "falling" longer. I agree with the free fall concept (since the wind sheer is fairly minimal). Again, if my physics is off, sorry. Honestly, the top of the hill is almost more interesting to me than the base. Anyway, I just wanted to know if the darn thing was going at a decent keel since 50 mph is a "midzone" for larger coasters! :D And thanks for the one person that actually answered it! :hammer: :lol:

I'm pretty sure 50 mph is the max speed for it.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Epcot82Guy said:
Sorry for sparking a physics discussion there, everyone. My point was actually that a heavier coaster train will tend to stay in motion longer since the bodies inside build up more inertia.

This actually isn't true. In a frictionless environment (as stated earlier) it doesn't matter what amount of mass there is, all bodies fall to the earth at the same rate.

In fact, when it comes to real world mechanics -- the friction on a large, long car (in the form of wheel friction in the ball-bearings) the more cars and more wheels the more 'breaks' -- so in fact a large coaster tends to slow down a lot faster than a small coaster (1 car for example).

So a large coaster (because of friction in the wheels) will actually take longer to get down the hill and be slower than a small coaster during that whole process. The speed will be less as well.

If EE had just one car -- that thing would whip like a banshee around that track.

There's conceptual physics, then real world physics -- some people get them confused.

When it comes to coaster speed -- you have to realize that mass will work against you in coaster design: the more cars you add, the more height you need on a hill -- all those wheels aren't flawless frictionless wheels -- they add little bits of breaking power on each wheel.

Jose "aced all my physics courses in college and even corrected the prof's sometimes" Eber

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom