EE EFX Update

Pabgo

I wonder instead of water as the mist, maybe they could use snow (which is water), but not use it by the tracks.

Testtrack321

biggbird5182 said:
I wonder instead of water as the mist, maybe they could use snow (which is water), but not use it by the tracks.

The reason to use mist was for to give the effect of snow coming off the peaks of the mountain, and just snow storm in general. Real snow would be impossible to create and blow around, just lots and lots of crushed ice. :lol:

I heard that a fog effect is in the works, any confirmation Lee or Corrus? ;)

raven

It isn't too difficult to get a steam-look or wind-blowing-off-a-snowy-peak-look from a simple fog machine. I use it in theatre all the time.

peter11435

raven said:
It isn't too difficult to get a steam-look or wind-blowing-off-a-snowy-peak-look from a simple fog machine. I use it in theatre all the time.
But do you do it outside, in all weather conditions, all temperatures, and all day long 365 days a year.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Lee said:
And if you neglect them for a few years, you get.....
http://www.rcdb.com/ig252.htm?picture=5

Poor Revolution...it deserved better.:cry:
i think those people riding it are absolutely insane...... riding that rust bucket. i dont think so!

EDIT: wow, i did the google maps link and i didnt realize that it is basically in the parking lot of the Memphis football stadium. I would assume that is their arena

Lee

Adventurer
jmaxwell007 said:
i think those people riding it are absolutely insane...... riding that rust bucket. i dont think so!
I rode it quite a bit. It wasnt a bad ride...just ugly.
EDIT: wow, i did the google maps link and i didnt realize that it is basically in the parking lot of the Memphis football stadium. I would assume that is their arena
Yeah, it was at Libertyland, a small park at the Mid-South Fairgrounds. The staduim is the Liberty Bowl, and the arena is the old Mid-South Coliseum (replaced now by two newer arenas). Revolution is going up for sale by auction this month if anyone is looking for a good deal on an Arrow coaster.:lol:

joel_maxwell

Lee said:
I rode it quite a bit. It wasnt a bad ride...just ugly.

Yeah, it was at Libertyland, a small park at the Mid-South Fairgrounds. The staduim is the Liberty Bowl, and the arena is the old Mid-South Coliseum (replaced now by two newer arenas). Revolution is going up for sale by auction this month if anyone is looking for a good deal on an Arrow coaster.:lol:
how much would one of these coasters go up for? what about the zippin rippin (?) coaster that elvis rode..... maybe Graceland needs that.

:D

Lee

Adventurer
jmaxwell007 said:
how much would one of these coasters go up for? what about the zippin rippin (?) coaster that elvis rode..... maybe Graceland needs that.

I suspect Revolution to go for several hundred thousand.
The city and county have staked a claim on the Pippin, so it won't be
sold. Pippin was a nice ride.

joel_maxwell

Lee said:
I suspect Revolution to go for several hundred thousand.
The city and county have staked a claim on the Pippin, so it won't be
sold. Pippin was a nice ride.
hmmmmm

*checks register* :rolleyes:

that would be a fun thing to have..... and host a big party etc etc.

Pippin does look nice. the small ones are always the shockers since you didnt anticipate it to be as good as it was

wdwishes2005

Lee said:
Sure.

Those are the sensors in that area, and water could be an issue for them.
You REALLY don't want those sensors acting up.:eek:
I don't get it,who wouldn't want the yeti to really send you plummeting off the mountain to your death?

JimboJones123

Lee said:
Sure.

Those are the sensors in that area, and water could be an issue for them.
You REALLY don't want those sensors acting up.:eek:

Or does the yetti just juggle instead // or cry about how nobody loves him or understands him -- no, that would get the track wet too

jmvd20

hokielutz said:
Someone explain why the tracks getting wet is a serious issue for this ride? I can understand that some sensors could give false readings from being covered in water, but not sure how the wet tracks are a problem.

Coasters are engineered to very precise standards. Water causes adverse effects in regards to friction which is a major factor of roller coasters.

disneygirl746kt

Wow, I can't wait to get back down to disney in October and November-ish. I was down there last November and I got some pictures of the ride and I was so ready to ride it then. Of course, my brother, being a CM and all, got to ride it before I did, but hey, if he liked it, then I'm going to like it.

ToTBellHop

jmvd20 said:
Coasters are engineered to very precise standards. Water causes adverse effects in regards to friction which is a major factor of roller coasters.
Coasters are usually built to be okay in the rain though--thus, most parks will run rollercoasters in the rain--just not t-storms for obvious reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom