EE Closed until April???

Skovdaddy

Original Poster
I read on http://www.mountainridescentral.co.nr/ that Expedition Everest will be closed until April.

"It's been confirmed that Expedition Everest will be closed until April. It seems work needs to be done, and the ride can not be running. This means there will most likely be no more soft openings until April, or possibly no more at all since the ride opens April 7."

Is this true? I hope not. I haven't read anywhere else that EE will be closing for a long period of time. The information doesn't seem that reliable to me, they didn't even say who confirmed the information. This quote was posted on Feb. 19th, so has anyone been to DAK on the 20th or 21st who can disprove this rumor?

jsfra209

They keep opening and closing it! Although I must admit that I did hear that the ride was to be closed till april. :cry:

I may be incorrect, actually I hope that I am incorrect, can anyone confirm or deny?:confused:

That seems very unlikely, but they gotta do what they got to do. I know a few people working over there so I guess Ill see them back in there old work locations if this is true.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Given that it was posted on 17 Feb and there are posts talking about people riding it since in other threads, I'd say the post is bunk. It leads off saying "It's been confirmed..." but doesn't indicate a source.

It is closing here and there while they work on aspects of the ride, but as far as I can tell it's open more than it's closed at present. That may change, but...

Too much money has been spent advertising Everest for them to just close it. Americas Funniest Video last Sunday was promoting it and this Friday I believe they will be in WDW promoting it as well.

Glory Hallelujah! Perhaps they are creating and installing additions to an over-hyped, vacant interior.....oops, I didn't mean for that to slip out, please, forgive me.

Buried20KLeague

Of course it's not going to be closed. Every day that thing is down means less ROI (return on investment) as quickly... Plus the cast is already assigned, etc...

Use common sense. Why would this opening be any different than EVERY other opening Disney has had??? Stitch, Space, Soarin', etc... It starts off with the walls still being up and they grab some people and take them around the back, eventually moves to bigger crowds, walls come down, and it runs right up to opening day. This won't be any different.

ToTBellHop

I'm not sure how anyone here knows one way or the other, but for what it is worth, disneyworld.com still lists the attraction as offering sneak "peaks" now.

ISTCNavigator57 said:
I'm not sure how anyone here knows one way or the other, but for what it is worth, disneyworld.com still lists the attraction as offering sneak "peaks" now.

disneyeverest.com still shows it as sneak peaks .

River Roost

EE: Souvenirs

BwanaBob said:
Provided that there's anything left of the attraction...

besides some tea leaves and a piece of rebar!

I hear they'll be handing out hammers, chisels, and ruck sacks so guests can haul out "souvenirs". :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom