Edit THIS! Contest #1!!!

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Okee Dokee, let's give this one a whirl!

Everyone must somehow edit this picture below in their own creative fashion.

What are the rules? There aren't any. That's right, NO RULES.

Want to make it big? Go ahead.

Want to make it small? OK.

Want to make it all purple? Ooooooooooook, whatever.

You get the idea.

I've chosen this particualar picture because it leaves the door wide open for creative alteration.

If you don't like this picture, or would like to see some other photo in the same kind of contest, I would suggest you still give it your best shot, because the top 5 votegetters will get to choose 1 topic idea each for the next "Edit THIS!" contest topic poll. You read right, the 5th place guy or gal gets one vote, just like the first place guy or gal.

So, in conclusion, your main goal is to get creative and have fun altering the entire Magic Kingdom. Your second goal is to finish in the top 5 for voting (if that matters to you.)

Have fun! :)

Attachments

• mksky.jpg
    mksky.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 278

SirNim

Can we use OTHER pictures, or is this the only picture we can use? :lookaroun Is it, just so long as we use THIS picture, we are OK? :lookaroun

BenS

Ooh, fun! But I admit it'll take a while for me to think up something good with such a small pic. Do you happen to have a higher res one?

ACE

Guess I'll be the first this time. Whatcha think?

:wave: ACE

Attachments

• soarin magic kingdom.jpg
    soarin magic kingdom.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 291

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
my entry...

it's a hellspawn mixture of the bones of fornicators... and the sinew of thieves and gluttons...

hehe.. Zac.. you should've put SOME limits to what I could've done...

lol.

Enjoy...

this is what happens when you first blow it up to 250%...

and then you color halftone it

and then motion blur it a LOT at 90º

and then copy/paste the middle and blur it at 0º

then set the middle portion to 30% opacity and on pin light...

then write some text.

then resize it and crop it to the dimensions I like..

expect a real entry soon.. lol

*edit time*

real entry is up...

see:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=494274

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by mkt
my entry...

it's a hellspawn mixture of the bones of fornicators... and the sinew of thieves and gluttons...

hehe.. Zac.. you should've put SOME limits to what I could've done...

lol.

Enjoy...

this is what happens when you first blow it up to 250%...

and then you color halftone it

and then motion blur it a LOT at 90º

and then copy/paste the middle and blur it at 0º

then set the middle portion to 30% opacity and on pin light...

then write some text.

then resize it and crop it to the dimensions I like..

expect a real entry soon.. lol

Nope, sorry. No rules. If something like that is what you think will get you votes, then so be it. I, for one, would think it more fun to do something creative and or unique using the picture provided, without shrinking it so small that no one can see and sticking it in a corner, or doing something like what you did. Whereas that may be unique, it didn't take any thought.

The idea, and the fun, behind the contest is being clever with it. ACE's is a good example. You're free to add other pictures to it as he did, but does everyone also see how it has something to do with the picture provided? That's the idea. If you want to stray from it, you certainly can, but your entry will have completely missed the point, and the fun.

By the way, that's a great editing job, and a great idea, ACE.:)

mrtoad

Second try. My image was too big.

I would have liked to have made the real deal but I am pressed for time. We are going away and lots to do.

Here is mine which you can consider screen shots of what the final would have been had I time to complete it.

**Deleted attachment. Added new post**

ACE

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I picked up the Soarin' California picture a while back, but didn't have any idea what I was gonna do with it. Then out of nowhere Zack put up the sky view of MK and viola, the light bulb came on. Of course the bulb is a little dim but it I'm too old to change it out. :lol:

ACE

Originally posted by The_CEO
Count the flaws

I love it! Of course I have a warped sense of humor, so I would. How in the world did you make that? Are you using Photoshop?

P.S. I don't see any flaws, but I'm looking at the forest, not the trees.

The_CEO

Yes i use photoshop
- # 1 Flaw - If it's LIVE - its Dark in NY so is WDW :)

The head line is " Cast Members cut off finger to make Mickey Mouse feel not like an outcast"

Eisner is getting interviewed too! lol

Maria

Can you believe I am submitting one??! :eek:

Took me FOREVER to do this little one in Photoshop - first time I use it! If someone has a better idea of how to insert an image into another one without PS, let me know! I almost quit but I didn´t feel like being beaten by PS once more! :lol:

If I feel like it, I will add some text later... right now, my brain is exhausted! :lol: :animwink:

Attachments

• whereiswaldoinmk.jpg
    whereiswaldoinmk.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 199

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom