Echo Lake Refurbishment

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I would consider seeing Echo Lake drained a feature!

I would also consider Echo Lake entirely gone a bonus. I didn't go to Orlando to see rather 'meh' re-creations of L.A. Now, if it had dancing fountains and an evening light show...

Only things missing would be if they refilled the lake with tar, pumped in smog, and added a tax on everything that didnt move.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, September 19. Appears the Echo Lake refurbishment is more extensive. All the palm trees on the island have been cut down.

IMG_0061.JPG

An earthen ramp has been constructed on one side to provide machinery access to the lake floor.

IMG_0062.JPG

MrHappy

^this. The palms were cut down to allow for the Christmas Tree to be placed there for the holidays.
Then what? We stare at stumps? Seems crazy that this work is to get a Christmas tree on the island for a month or 2. Would've been more fun to just add lights to the palm trees like that old Corona commercial. I would like to think the island would be completely removed...mowing that must be a real pain :)

Prototype82

Seems like they've found their replacement area for decking the halls after losing the majority of Streets of America. It won't have Star Wars guest flow, it's off to the side, there's a pretty lake. This is a logical area for a mini-grand Christmas attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom