Easy Way to Spot Your Car

GenerationX

Original Poster
On our last trip, we were easily able to spot our rental among the sea of vehicles in WDW parking lots. We attached a lime green mesh bath sponge to the roof rack. They're only about $2 and have a rope handle that make it very easy to attach. They're available in many vibrant colors and (obviously) hold up well in the rain.

ImaYoyo

Great one! Another great way to remember where you parked is to type the row number into your cell phone and hit "send" (then of course, cancel the call). I do this all the time to remember where I parked. And since most of us carry cell phones with us at all times, you've already got the necessary equipment! Next time you pull up your "recent calls", it will be right there.

Nemo14

You can just snap a quick picture of your space # with your digital camera or cell phone too. When we rent a car I usually bring an antenna topper from home and put it on the car - it really helps when you can't remember what your car looked like. :eek:

DisneyGigi

This would be a good idea for me anywhere, DH says all I have to do is get out the car and turn around a few times and I can't find it. :lookaroun

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I was lucky enough to get the same parking spot most of the time, but the times I didn't, I would rely on the Panic button.

WDW Monorail

Let me suggest another method...

If you have trouble locating your car, just wait until everyone else leaves. The one car that is left should be yours. It always works.

:)

GenerationX

Original Poster
DisneyShe said:
This would be a good idea for me anywhere, DH says all I have to do is get out the car and turn around a few times and I can't find it. :lookaroun
My wife is into efficiency and keeps a pink one on the roof rack of our van. It makes finding the van in any parking lot a little bit easier. I thought it was odd at first, but now I think it's great. If I'm coming out of a store, I scan the parking lot and can spot the van right away.

WDW Monorail said:
Let me suggest another method...

If you have trouble locating your car, just wait until everyone else leaves. The one car that is left should be yours. It always works.
:lol: This is, no question, the best way to find your car at WDW!

Rob562

I was lucky enough to get the same parking spot most of the time, but the times I didn't, I would rely on the Panic button.

Ahhhh.... You're one of *those* people..... ;)

I usually choose a rental that's a distinctive color and *not* white. I also take a photo of the row number with my digital camera. And of course when I do that, I always end up remembering the number anyway... (and the ONE time I didn't take the picture, I got the row# wrong in my head and then started wandering aisles in the WRONG direction from where the car really was...) :eek:

-Rob

The Mom

Premium Member
Radio Shack has a "parking reminder" keychain for about $10. I'm going to get a few to give as for stocking stuffers. I'll get an extra to put in my travel kit, along with my travel cell phone charger, sewing kit, folding hangers, those "hang from the shower clips) plug-in rechargable emergency light (which I have been thankful for on more than one trip) folding umbrella, folding tote, etc.

The Mom

Premium Member
My car is yellow.. it's not hard to find..

My daughter's first car was our old one, which we allowed her to repaint. It was a very distinctive car to begin with (a Nissan Stanza SW...they were only made for a couple of years) and she had it painted school bus yellow.

Of course, she then realized that she was easily recognizable, and any misbehavior would get reported back to me. ;) But she never had a problem finding it in a parking lot. :lol:

Tink in Pink

Ahh, lol. It seems so ridiculous but I'm sure it'll work! I'll be sure to try it, and save my 'rents from hours of "Is THAT the ONE?" and "No, it's that one! Or.. that one.. Or..."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom