Eastern Carribean cruise

too far

I have booked my family of 4, DH, DD (9) and DS(7) for a cruise in 2010 to include St. Maarten's. I didn't see any excursions that really interested us on disneycruise.com. I would like to know more about the island, such as: is there a market where one can get souvenirs, trinkets, etc (like to the Straw Market in Nassau) at a reasonable price. Are there beaches that are within walking distance from the port and are the beaches open to the public. Any information anyone could provide would be great. Even a excursion that might be interesting for kids that I didn't see on Disneycruise.com. Thanks for your insight!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Can't answer your question directly as I have not been on that cruise, but I would suggest picking up one of the Disney Cruise travel planner books. They often have good information along the lines of what you are looking for.

Upvote 0

Mickey-Mommy

I'd suggest googling St. Maarten to get more info. That's what we do when booking a cruise to find more about the area than Disney is offering up to you. Good Luck and Have Fun! *I'm so jealous by the way! We were supposed to go on a Disney Cruise in September, but found out I'm pregnant. Happy about being pregnant, just sad I can't go on the cruise!*

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

We've done the Eastern itinerary and we're doing it again this Friday!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: Although, this Friday we're doing the Tortola special itinerary, so we won't go to St. Maarten.

The first time we were there, we just caught a taxi to a local beach. There is a beach right at the dock, although it can get kind of crowded. There is a little market right by the ship too. We thoroughly enjoyed walking around. It wasn't nearly as congested as the straw market in Nassau, but there were some very similar things.

If you have any more questions, just ask!:)

Upvote 0

too far

Original Poster
Disneyfalcon:

Thanks for the info. My daughter loves little trinkets, bracelets, etc.

I would love to know how Tortola is as we are hoping to do a Dolphin Encounter there on our cruise in 2010. Have a fabulous time.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Disneyfalcon:

Thanks for the info. My daughter loves little trinkets, bracelets, etc.

I would love to know how Tortola is as we are hoping to do a Dolphin Encounter there on our cruise in 2010. Have a fabulous time.

I'll let you know! I'll definitely write a trip report when I get back. We are doing the dolphin encounter also and I can't wait!! Thanks!

Upvote 0

HollyBelle

We've done the Eastern itinerary and we're doing it again this Friday!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: Although, this Friday we're doing the Tortola special itinerary, so we won't go to St. Maarten.

The first time we were there, we just caught a taxi to a local beach. There is a beach right at the dock, although it can get kind of crowded. There is a little market right by the ship too. We thoroughly enjoyed walking around. It wasn't nearly as congested as the straw market in Nassau, but there were some very similar things.

If you have any more questions, just ask!:)

I apologize for the thread hijack! But I just have to say I'm green with envy over your upcoming trip, Tammy :D. I'm already anxiously awaiting your trip report :sohappy:. Have fun!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom