Easter

makc

I'm not having any luck finding information about Easter. If anyone knows about any worship services, Parades or other events for the Easter weekend, I would love to hear from you.
Only three weeks until departure!
Hooray!!!

We aren't having any luck finding specific info about 2008 either. We found out about the Easter Dinner @ EPCOT (in the pavilion -- we had no problem booking Easter morning).

Every year many resorts (probably limited to deluxe and villas) do different things, but it appears Disney doesn't publish these events. I suspect we could find the details by calling the resort directly.

This link (http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/easter.htm) gives meal pricing at some restaurants and list of last year's Easter activities. We assume the events will be similar this year.

Upvote 0

Karolena

The only thing I know is that Disney doesnt' hold worship services on property anymore. But there could be an exception for a big day like Easter.

Have fun on your trip! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
The only thing that I know for sure that happens around Easter is the Easter Bunny visits the Magic Kingdom! EB is absolutely adorable and I loved having my picture taken with him! :lol:

However, on allearsnet.com there is a preliminary list of restaurant special menus for Easter this year. http://allearsnet.com/din/easter.htm
Keep an eye on that page because it mentions that they will be adding more information as it becomes available.

Allearsnet.com has a great page about the various worship services available. Maybe you could contact one of the churches directly and find out their info about Easter. http://allearsnet.com/btp/church.htm

I am not sure why Disney doesn't publicize their events for Easter more widely. :shrug:

Have a great trip! Disney during Easter is great! Be sure to say hi to the Easter Bunny for me! :wave:

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Here is my experience with Easter 2007. I to could not find much information on Easter while in WDW. There is really not much going on leading up to Easter day. The various campers at FW were decorated, some quite well. The whole week leading up to Easter Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny were included in the Trolly parade on Mainstreet but there was really nothing diffrent about the show other than they were there. We had found out that on Easter Morning there were a few resorts offering Easter egg hunts and various activities but not all of them. I think the GF had a Easter egg hunt. FW was to have Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny at 8am on Easter Morning but we got there early which was good because ther was a line all the way back to the bus stop by 8. The Easter bunny was late (very unusual for Disney)and didnt get there till about 8:30 and it was only Mr Easter Bunny. We were told Mrs Easter Bunny was coming later, great we would be gone to the park by then. We also had read somewhere that a selected few resturaunts did Easter Dinner and we chose the Crystal Palace for lunch since we were going to be at MK that day. It was good however there wasnt much of a diffrence in the food than normal. As you entered the MK Easter Morning there was many girls with the big fancy Easter dresses and hats. There were even a few with fancy dogs like you would see back in victorian time. There was no easter Parade but there was some kind of small parade that had all the girls with dresses and Mr and Mrs Easter bunny in it but it was very small and they did it many times throughout the day. All in all I wouldnt plan a trip based on the Easter activities but it was fun to be there for it.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

We will be there this Easter as well. From what I can remember reading and seeing here on the forums, was they had a Easter parade at MK with CM's in period style dresses of many different colors with Mr and Mrs bunny. I believe guests were there in costume too. My DW was sad we couldn't be there but this year will be different. One question though, my wife and I would like to give CM's a small gift for working that day any suggestions for a generic gift that all can receive with a thankyou for working the holiday? We've been racking our brains for at least a week to figure this out, thanks.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

We will be there this Easter as well. From what I can remember reading and seeing here on the forums, was they had a Easter parade at MK with CM's in period style dresses of many different colors with Mr and Mrs bunny. I believe guests were there in costume too. My DW was sad we couldn't be there but this year will be different. One question though, my wife and I would like to give CM's a small gift for working that day any suggestions for a generic gift that all can receive with a thankyou for working the holiday? We've been racking our brains for at least a week to figure this out, thanks.

Dont get your hopes up to much about the parade thay have now, its very short. They have people in the period clothing, some with dogs, and Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny. It only lasts 5 min or less, they stop and do a brief dance then move along. Its simular to the trolly show that they do on Main Street every morning.

One other thing...just remember to bring enough for everybody....At last check they had over 60,000 cast members....:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Dont get your hopes up to much about the parade thay have now, its very short. They have people in the period clothing, some with dogs, and Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny. It only lasts 5 min or less, they stop and do a brief dance then move along. Its simular to the trolly show that they do on Main Street every morning.

One other thing...just remember to bring enough for everybody....At last check they had over 60,000 cast members....:ROFLOL:
What does that come up to in penny candy?? :D

Upvote 0

camithepirate

I went easter in '06 =] I think that was the year before they started doing a parade....I dont know if they still do though. The few things I could remeber were that the crowds very nice that day, and on entering the park there were around 20 Cast Members (girls) In pastel colored victorian-ish dressed, with spring umbrellas. The easter bunny was there, and there were lightly noticeable pastel colored decorations scattered around. :)

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Actually years ago there was a large parade that was even aired "live" on tv. Now the so called parade is very small and short and is simular to the Main Street Trolly Show that is done every morning.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

There have been a number of threads about giving "special" gifts to CM's or CM's who go above and beyond...but I would suggest the best gift would be to personally acknowledge them, thank them directly. If something extra happens, then be sure to get their name, location, time of day and date and submit a recognition of them. That is formally recognized in their file and positively impacts their position.

Many of the costumes don't have pockets for storage, of course they can't accept food for safety reasons, and there is some issue about reporting larger gifts.

It's a very nice thought, but a kind word does go far!

Upvote 0

figmentmom

There have been a number of threads about giving "special" gifts to CM's or CM's who go above and beyond...but I would suggest the best gift would be to personally acknowledge them, thank them directly. If something extra happens, then be sure to get their name, location, time of day and date and submit a recognition of them. That is formally recognized in their file and positively impacts their position.

Many of the costumes don't have pockets for storage, of course they can't accept food for safety reasons, and there is some issue about reporting larger gifts.

It's a very nice thought, but a kind word does go far!

It does. I've worked (seasonally only, since I live in northern New York!) the last three summers on the 4th of July - complete and total gridlock on just about the hottest day of the year! What made it great was the number of nice people I met those days. :)

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

As far as I know, Disney no longer does any typr of religious service on property. However, here is a list of religious services in the area: I am sure that you can obtain a cab to any of these places of worship.

Protestant: Sunday's 9am and 10:30am at River of Life Presbyterian, 8323 W. Sand Lake Rd. call 1-407-351-4333

Baptist: Sunday's 10:15am Lake Buena Vista Baptist Church, 11551 County Rd. call 1-407-239-6030

Catholic: Mary, Queen of The Universe Shrine, 8300 Vineland Ave. call 1-407-239-6600 (very large church seats 2,000 people)

Jewish: Reform services are held at the Congregation of Reform Judaism 928 Malone Dr. Orlando call 1-407-645-0444
Conservative Services are held at Temple Ohalei Rivka (aka Southwest Orlando Jewish Congregation), 11200 S. Apopka- Vineland Rd. call 1-407-239-5444

Muslim: Prayer takes place 5 times a day at Jama Masijid, 11543 Ruby Lake Rd. call 1-407-238-2700

*I realize that this was a question about Easter services and not all the religions I have listed celebrate Easter but, I did not want to offend anyone so I gave all the info that I had.

Upvote 0

bullyx3

We will be there for Easter its our 3rd easter trip .The parade is no longer televised but is similar to the one that was just a bit shorter.the parks are a bit crowded.The photo next to my member name is from Easter05 in front of the CP

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom