East Parking Garage construction

NickC

Just out of courtesy. You're more than welcome to go pull the permits yourself if you feel like you need the contact numbers/e-mail addresses of the contractors involved. But when I'm making the document even more readily available than it already is via the permit site, especially on a site that specifically attracts fans of these projects, I just feel like it's polite to not put their information out there directly.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A Notice of Intent (NOI) permit was filed with the DEP on 12/17. According to the DEP site:

So I'd imagine work has begun on the garage in at least some capacity.

Here's an image of the permit:

MZHS9kH.png

Interesting. Still haven't seen a notice of commencement for this.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 31. Here is a ground level photo of the area directly behind the existing World of Disney store, which is near the second parking garage area. The construction gate was open.

IMG_4639.JPG

A view over the wall near Raglan Road, showing the T-Rex Café. The construction crews were taking down the old parking lot light poles.

IMG_4646.JPG

Bolt

Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 31. Here is a ground level photo of the area directly behind the existing World of Disney store, which is near the second parking garage area. The construction gate was open.

View attachment 80904

A view over the wall near Raglan Road, showing the T-Rex Café. The construction crews were taking down the old parking lot light poles.

View attachment 80905
Yay for working on a Saturday!

mm121

Having 2 to choose from. Never thought I'd see the day.
yea they needed to do this like 5/10 years ago, but better late than never

and this expansion is way bigger than the hyperion warf project, i bet someone got fired over that, it got announced then there was never really any more talk about it.

Its just crazy how slow disney works sometimes, pleasure island closed in like 2008/2009, and is just now starting to re open in 2015.

maybe that's why they are only bringing in expensive restaurants so they can charge them outrageous rent to catch up on the 5 years they didnt collect anything.

jt04

Photo update as of Sunday, Apr 12. The view from behind World of Disney store.

View attachment 89687

Was worried they might not build the second garage but obviously they are. The Town Center section is the icing on the cake and it amazes me how few people (even those that follow here) still do not grasp the scope of this project. Amazing.

And yes I have seen the work myownself. The finished product will create the most unique such offering in the USA. The bar just keeps getting raised.

jt04

yea they needed to do this like 5/10 years ago, but better late than never

and this expansion is way bigger than the hyperion warf project, i bet someone got fired over that, it got announced then there was never really any more talk about it.

Its just crazy how slow disney works sometimes, pleasure island closed in like 2008/2009, and is just now starting to re open in 2015.

maybe that's why they are only bringing in expensive restaurants so they can charge them outrageous rent to catch up on the 5 years they didnt collect anything.

Imagineering et al had more important projects in the pipeline. Which is why I always requested patience from people.

Soon a galaxy far far away. :)

Or so the rumor goes.

mm121

Was worried they might not build the second garage but obviously they are. The Town Center section is the icing on the cake and it amazes me how few people (even those that follow here) still do not grasp the scope of this project. Amazing.

And yes I have seen the work myownself. The finished product will create the most unique such offering in the USA. The bar just keeps getting raised.
they were pretty much obligated to build the second garage, why wouldn't they?
if they didn't there would be like NO parking on the marketplace side, once the town center was constructed.

definitely wouldn't say its the most unique shopping mall in the USA, it could have been but its not.

it needed some more theming, some type of ground side transportation system like trolly or something,

maybe even a boutique hotel, then they would be closer to the "its a town" theme,
also would of been cool if one of the new "springs" areas was designed as a swimming hole, since anyone thats ever been to the real florida springs knows that getting in and going for a snorkel, swim, or a kayak exploration knows thats half the fun.
or even add a river tubing attraction, as that is a highly popular "springs" recreational activity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americana_at_Brand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grove_at_Farmers_Market

Not really so unique. This project is based on both of the above. Americana is in Imagineering's backyard.
both of those examples actually one up the disney springs project as both of them have a ground transportation trolley system, which is something i really think they missed the boat on

as would of been awesome to be able to walk one way accross disney springs then ride the trolley back.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
they were pretty much obligated to build the second garage, why wouldn't they?
if they didn't there would be like NO parking on the marketplace side, once the town center was constructed.

definitely wouldn't say its the most unique shopping mall in the USA, it could have been but its not.

it needed some more theming, some type of ground side transportation system like trolly or something,

maybe even a boutique hotel, then they would be closer to the "its a town" theme,
also would of been cool if one of the new "springs" areas was designed as a swimming hole, since anyone thats ever been to the real florida springs knows that getting in and going for a snorkel, swim, or a kayak exploration knows thats half the fun.
or even add a river tubing attraction, as that is a highly popular "springs" recreational activity.

both of those examples actually one up the disney springs project as both of them have a ground transportation trolley system, which is something i really think they missed the boat on

as would of been awesome to be able to walk one way accross disney springs then ride the trolley back.
Agreed that a trolley system would have been cool. They do have boat transportation which seems to be highly underutilized a lot of the time. Once all the construction work is cleared that's gonna be one nice boat ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom