East Parking Garage construction

Adam N

The word from people that work at DTD is that the crosswalk at the Hess Station is closed.
The walkway from Hess was always going to be closed because they have to do the restructuring to make it the bus entrance and exit. And then there's that Disney bus only lane on LBV. So yeah, that one was gonna go.

Mouse Detective

The word from people that work at DTD is that the crosswalk at the Hess Station is closed.
And with the PI lot now closed and blocked and no access to the bridge by Mannequins, there is no where to cross to. If you park near SunTrust, the crosswalk and sidewalk go directly into Marketpace by World of Disney.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Dec 6. The old parking lot at Pleasure Island has been removed. Leveling and grading is underway. The arched entrance sign has been removed. Only the pillars remain now. T-Rex Café is behind the trees on the right. This photo was taken from the new "park" in front of T-Rex Café.

IMG_4150.JPG

mm121

They are unlikely to start building those until after they finish widening the section(s) of BVD they go over.

theres no reason why they cant go ahead and start, since the plans for bvd are already made so its not like they dont know how wide the road is going to be

Mouse Detective

theres no reason why they cant go ahead and start, since the plans for bvd are already made so its not like they dont know how wide the road is going to be
While nothing has gone vertical yet, they've definitely started the pedestrian overpass project. Both sides of BVD have areas fenced off with construction equipment.

maxairmike

I was mainly thinking about the construction equipment that would be driving on that expanded roadway area it would cross over during construction. I was thinking entirely about the overhead portion, and not the stairs/ramp portions on either side of the road, which makes sense to be working on those parts right now.

Bolt

Photo update as of Saturday, Dec 6. The old parking lot at Pleasure Island has been removed. Leveling and grading is underway. The arched entrance sign has been removed. Only the pillars remain now. T-Rex Café is behind the trees on the right. This photo was taken from the new "park" in front of T-Rex Café.

View attachment 75872
This is already like 10 times faster than last time...

WDW 3

Shades of Green bus parking is now listed as "Space 8 located behind Cirque Du Soleil" ??? Anyone ever been back there?

WDW 3

Isn't this where Disney's own buses used to stop, back when the West Side had its own bus facility?
Nope. Just took the bus and it's pretty far from anything. Bad form Disney considering a fair number of Shades guests are DAV.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

NickC

A Notice of Intent (NOI) permit was filed with the DEP on 12/17. According to the DEP site:

When must I file an NOI?
At least 2 days prior to commencement of construction.

When is my permit coverage effective?
Coverage will be effective 48 hours after post-marked date of the complete NOI submittal.

So I'd imagine work has begun on the garage in at least some capacity.

Here's an image of the permit:

MZHS9kH.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom