East Parking Garage construction

mm121

Agreed that a trolley system would have been cool. They do have boat transportation which seems to be highly underutilized a lot of the time. Once all the construction work is cleared that's gonna be one nice boat ride.
i know they have boats, but overall there pretty slow, and have a low capacity.

would of been cool to have the boats be the "inner transportation" and a trolley as an "outer transportation"
disneysprings-jpg.74300

dsc_3368-jpg.74307

i dont think thats a bus lane just a service road, as in the later drawings the marketplace bus stop was removed and replaced with two new buildings, and the surface parking lot in those drawings was replaced with a cast member building.

its nice though that the bridge will go over all the roads so the people from the hilton wont have to interact with traffic at all.

if disney woulda been smart they could have bought the hilton and changed it to the disney springs hotel or something, since it would be super easy to connect that pedestrian bridge right into the lobby.

i still wish they were incorporating some type of people mover or trolley or something to get from the marketplace, past the town center and over to the west side without walking or soley using the low capacity boats.

like i proposed here:

disneysprings-jpg.74300

dsc_3368-jpg.74307

Mouse Detective

i know they have boats, but overall there pretty slow, and have a low capacity. Would of been cool to have the boats be the "inner transportation" and a trolley as an "outer transportation"
Well hold your horses. One of the original rumors was that there would be a train or trolley system of some sort running through Downtown Disney from OKW to SSR. They did leave a corridor between the parking garage and the West Side you know.

mm121

Well hold your horses. One of the original rumors was that there would be a train or trolley system of some sort running through Downtown Disney from OKW to SSR. They did leave a corridor between the parking garage and the West Side you know.
if by corridor you mean service road then yes i know.

a trolley could share this space with service vehicles

i wouldn't think it would be cost effective to do the distance from okw to ssr though

GoofGoof

Premium Member
if by corridor you mean service road then yes i know.

a trolley could share this space with service vehicles

i wouldn't think it would be cost effective to do the distance from okw to ssr though
You just make the OKW and SSR owners pay for the expense. Problem solved:)

mm121

You just make the OKW and SSR owners pay for the expense. Problem solved:)
that would work though if that was going to happen i'd say SSR would need to be completely rebuilt as an expansion to disney springs, maybe make it like a series of town houses with little shops and eateries to make it feel more residential yet still part of the city.

and then OKW would need a total rebuild/retheme, turn it into the disney springs resort, build some man made springs, and the swimming hole/rafting attractions i mentioned earlier that are keeping in line with the florida springs theme story.

jt04

they were pretty much obligated to build the second garage, why wouldn't they?
if they didn't there would be like NO parking on the marketplace side, once the town center was constructed.

definitely wouldn't say its the most unique shopping mall in the USA, it could have been but its not.

it needed some more theming, some type of ground side transportation system like trolly or something,

maybe even a boutique hotel, then they would be closer to the "its a town" theme,
also would of been cool if one of the new "springs" areas was designed as a swimming hole, since anyone thats ever been to the real florida springs knows that getting in and going for a snorkel, swim, or a kayak exploration knows thats half the fun.
or even add a river tubing attraction, as that is a highly popular "springs" recreational activity.

both of those examples actually one up the disney springs project as both of them have a ground transportation trolley system, which is something i really think they missed the boat on

as would of been awesome to be able to walk one way accross disney springs then ride the trolley back.

DS has a unique water taxi system which I find superior to a trolly. The views never get old especially at night.

Neither of the examples cited have anything like a Disneyquest or Cirque show. Both venues are unique offerings in their own way. And DS has plenty of future growth areas.

PS-- Plus DVC's, tree houses and a golf course.

mm121

DS has a unique water taxi system which I find superior to a trolly. The views never get old especially at night.

Neither of the examples cited have anything like a Disneyquest or Cirque show. Both venues are unique offerings in their own way. And DS has plenty of future growth areas.

PS-- Plus DVC's, tree houses and a golf course.
i never said get rid of the boats, just supplement them as they dont have many stops, and if your on the outside edge you dont want to have to walk all the way inside just to use transport then back to the outer edge again, this was a big problem when pleasure island blocked the path, but not the sheer width of the project makes this take forever.

disney quest in its current form is terrible, nothing that anyone would travel a long distance special for, it needs a total revamp

DVC? Tree Houses, Golf Course -- Those are not official "Disney Springs" Amenities at all.

jt04

i never said get rid of the boats, just supplement them as they dont have many stops, and if your on the outside edge you dont want to have to walk all the way inside just to use transport then back to the outer edge again, this was a big problem when pleasure island blocked the path, but not the sheer width of the project makes this take forever.

disney quest in its current form is terrible, nothing that anyone would travel a long distance special for, it needs a total revamp

DVC? Tree Houses, Golf Course -- Those are not official "Disney Springs" Amenities at all.

They add to the ambiance of the area and DS compliments them perfectly. Just judging the area as a complete system. A trolley system seems unnecessary to me.

Agreed that DQ is a lost opportunity by not staying cutting edge. Perhaps that is on the drawing board.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They add to the ambiance of the area and DS compliments them perfectly. Just judging the area as a complete system. A trolley system seems unnecessary to me.

Agreed that DQ is a lost opportunity by not staying cutting edge. Perhaps that is on the drawing board.

I think a trolley would add to the ambiance also. The one at the Grove goes a pretty short distance so really isn't necessary for transportation, but it adds to the atmosphere of the area.

jt04

I think a trolley would add to the ambiance also. The one at the Grove goes a pretty short distance so really isn't necessary for transportation, but it adds to the atmosphere of the area.

Perhaps as a loop within the DVCs to DS but I would hate to lose the water taxis. Just my opinion.

roj2323

have to pour the bottom floor first, then the decking forms can be placed...
Good point. The forms need something to sit on. That said they poured about half those columns about a month ago so the floor in at least a third of it might be already poured and ready for the second deck forms.

dstrawn9889

Why? The parking surface doesn't provide any structural support. The footings for the support columns are already there.
not structural support for the finished garage, but you have to hold the weight of the curing concrete on the floor above with something... once the concrete is cured, then the pylons(columns) and the rebar will hold it.
peri_oh_4_lg.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom