Earthquake Parade Video at Tokyo Disneyland

btmrider

I do like how all the Cast stayed calmed which caused everyone else to remain calm. Is it kind a creepy that they have a auto speil for earthquakes though.

PalisadesPkteer

In the video when they are in the parking lot there is a giant Ferris wheel in the distance.

What is that from? Anyway, a heart felt thank you to the Tokyo Disneyland CM's.

It is one thing to train people to know what to do in a crisis. But it is an entirely different thing to actually do what needs to be done when the event happens. The CM's handled things extremely well and I say Thank you and well done!

bsiev1977

In the video when they are in the parking lot there is a giant Ferris wheel in the distance.

What is that from? Anyway, a heart felt thank you to the Tokyo Disneyland CM's.

It is one thing to train people to know what to do in a crisis. But it is an entirely different thing to actually do what needs to be done when the event happens. The CM's handled things extremely well and I say Thank you and well done!

Through all the coverage i've watched, I've been amazed at how calm the Japanese were during the quake.

I do like how all the Cast stayed calmed which caused everyone else to remain calm. Is it kind a creepy that they have a auto speil for earthquakes though.

I think it's a great idea for the announcements regarding the earth quake. Especially with Japan being so prone to them. Does anyone know if Disneyland has anything similar? I would like to think they would. It is amazing to see how level headed everyone remained.

wickedfan07

For anyone interested, I took a look at TDL's operation calendar just now. No confirmation on the Disney PArks Blog or anything, but their calendar is now blank for the next week, with the first day showing operation hours being next Tuesday, March 22.

Link to their calendar: http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/en/schedule/timeschedule/march_e.html

Obviously the operation of TDL is a low priority in the midst of this cahos, so it would make sense for the resort to not operate for a bit until things elsewhere can be brought under control.

My thoughts are with everyone affected by the earthquakes in Japan.

smk

So sad what the people of Japan are going thru right now. Thanks for the link, I would never have thought about looking for it.

raven

A friend of mine just took a 9-month entertainment contract with Toky Disneyland and arrived 3 days ago and said he never experienced anything like this, even living in California for many years. Minimal damage to the parks but he's off today as the parks are closed.

PalisadesPkteer

In that video of TDL someone in response area said.

@TheHunterbear From what I've been reading @ Miceage, about 70,000 people across the whole resort was just stranded at the resort because the train line can't operate, and so they've been sheltering people in restaurants and stuff. From what I've heard, they have been feeding people and providing drinks. I read elsewhere that unless you can walk home, you pretty much have to stay where you are.

I know it is probably against policy to post a link to Miceage but copied the response and here it is.

" Hi, I was in Tokyo Disneyland yesterday also. I wanted to add my words of thanks to Cast Members who immediately kicked into some excellent training. I was in the line for Grand Circuit Raceway eating a Churro. They kept on smiling the whole time even whilst instructing everyone to get down and cover your head. In fact it was dealt with so routinely that the whole reality of the situation is only sinking in now after a long day catching up on sleep and watching the tv news. They continued smiling and bowing right up to the moment I left the park this morning at about 7am.

I ended up spending the night in Space Mountain in the queue line to get out of the cold... I have the bizarre story to tell that I never got to ride Space Mountain but I slept there instead. Free food and drinks all day and night, and a huge amount of patience with me as I know very little Japanese... to which I am so grateful for their kindness. Free rain macs were given out when it started raining, but also helped block the cold wind. Face mask not for hygiene but for the cold and heat packs distributed also. An amazing effort to look after us, when they surely had other friends and family to be worrying about instead.

This was to be my trip for completing all Disney Parks worldwide... instead it will be remembered for witnessing true professionalism by cast members in very trying times.

My thanks go out to them again."

So let us remember the people of Japan in our thoughts and prayers and give thanks for the wonderful CM's at TDR.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
A ride on the Tower of Terror during the earthquake, that'd be a thrill! :ROFLOL:

In dealing magical site that 70,000 people were forced to spend the night at Tokyo Disneyland. The images show the standing water in the parking area.The earthquake of magnitude 8.9 giant complex has hit northern Japan on Friday, causing numerous injuries, fires and tsunamis (13 feet) of four meters between regional countries, Côte d’AM, NHK television and witnesses. Disney fans will note that the third park Magic UK style was built in Tokyo. Tokyo Disneyland Resort Reports indicate that the parking area and the expansion of Disney Sea has experienced some of liquefaction (wikipedia) causing large puddles to appear on roads and parking areas on both the expansion of Tokyo Disneyland was built in landfills.Tokyo Disneyland flooded 70,000 people trapped Report Tokyo Disneyland Tokyo Disneyland Tokyo Disneyland flooded the sea has been reported that Tokyo Disneyland and the sea were flooded. Photos courtesy of deepdisney. Details of the damage is limited at this stage, but reports indicate that the structure of Tokyo Disneyland parking lot was flooded, and parts of Tokyo DisneySea. There are also reports of cracked streets in the parks. According to the blog of Disney, flooding seems to be the result of liquefaction rather than increasing the impact of the earthquake levels.The main water and the tsunami was 200 kilometers north of the city. Despite online reports of catastrophic damage that minor structural damage and no injuries reported, fortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom