News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

SpoiledBlueMilk

Are more special ticketed events more likely? E.g., Mickey's magical Christmas and summer spectacular evenings? If there's one for SWGE, my husband will just fork over all the money now
For me, I am ok with that. My wife and I always do at least two Christmas parties in our normal park trips. It's just easier - some nice inclusions and relatively lower crowd levels.

Sir_Cliff

This is looking likely.
I'm a bit indifferent about this announcement, but earlier closing times pre-COVID was something that irritated me on the last WDW trip as more of a night own than an early riser. If one outcome is that it will be rare for a park to be open beyond 9pm without an upcharge event, I guess it's a net negative.

plawren2

This is looking likely.
possible, but really hard to view how park in operating now (at 40% capacity??), to what situation may be and how WDW would look at operating hours when they are back to "regular" busy crowds in coming years BUT I agree the previous experimenting with and potential future for more extra hour special events at additional cost is always an option WDW could go with

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So no extended EMH or evening hrs in any park unless special ticketed events? No park had earlier or later regular hrs during peak crowd periods (major holidays)?

They did...but they’ve consistently added those high price short events as the emh have been de-emphasized.

Call it the “slow roll out”

Here’s what’s not gonna happen: Disney reversing course to provide more hours/opportunities on the base ticket price. They have no reason to.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are more special ticketed events more likely? E.g., Mickey's magical Christmas and summer spectacular evenings? If there's one for SWGE, my husband will just fork over all the money now

You mean “bland land”? Have you been? Is your husband the one attack of the clones/last Jedi Superfan on earth??

They’ll just keep raising the prices until they push too far.

That’s what we always hope for, isn’t it?

But the wdw customer always says: “...hold my ale 🍺

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s probable. I posted around a year ago about the desire to reduce and / or eliminate EMH.

And we didn’t even need your usual clairvoyance for this one...they’ve been tinkering/de-emphasizing them for years.

In my day...a color leaflet was given to everyone at check in and it was a mandatory part of the spiel...you could be reprimanded for not doing it...

The last ten year or so I think there was a 6 pt font scroll at 10x speed running at the bottom of “must do Disney”

plawren2

They did...but they’ve consistently added those high price short events as the emh have been de-emphasized.

Call it the “slow roll out”

Here’s what’s not gonna happen: Disney reversing course to provide more hours/opportunities on the base ticket price. They have no reason to.
Guess I am confused as park hours were extended for December 2020 and January 2021 (in response to increase to 40% capacity and more demand/crowds)?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
possible, but really hard to view how park in operating now (at 40% capacity??), to what situation may be and how WDW would look at operating hours when they are back to "regular" busy crowds in coming years BUT I agree the previous experimenting with and potential future for more extra hour special events at additional cost is always an option WDW could go with
At full capacity the early/swelled crowds will push more - especially certain demographics - into the special ticket upsells...to avoid the crowds.

They’ve basically altered reality at this point. You know what helps them in a sick way: covid.

“You want shoulder to shoulder...or shall we provide you with an “experience” to avoid the peasants??”

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...it’s colonel mustard in the parlor with the rope.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Guess I am confused as park hours were extended for December 2020 and January 2021 (in response to increase to 40% capacity and more demand/crowds)?
They were the shortest hours all time to start with...and covid is rampant...so to stay open and mitigate crowding they will do it in the short term for minor cost.

I mean...”I can’t prove it...I just know it’s true”

plawren2

At full capacity the early/swelled crowds will push more - especially certain demographics - into the special ticket upsells...to avoid the crowds.

They’ve basically altered reality at this point. You know what helps them in a sick way: covid.

“You want shoulder to shoulder...or shall we provide you with an “experience” to avoid the peasants??”

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...it’s colonel mustard in the parlor with the rope.
I think its way premature to envision what regular park operating hours will look like in 2022 and beyond post-covid. Do I think more extra cost EMH other special ticket events are likely? Yes. But also possible we see longer hours-both options could exist. Very likely that even WDW has no idea when crowds may return to pre-covid norm and what that might look like. All I really know is over the decades WDW has been very fluid with how they approach regular operating hours in response to crowds and market demand (and what visitors are willing to pay). But today I don't think WDW has any idea what hours will look like or crowd sizes and may not for some time. Likely the most uncertainty they have faced in that regard since WDW first opened. Even after 9/11 crowds can back soon and was somewhat predictable, but almost one year of full closure/reduced capacity is new ground for determining future crowd levels for WDW.

plawren2

They were the shortest hours all time to start with...and covid is rampant...so to stay open and mitigate crowding they will do it in the short term for minor cost.

I mean...”I can’t prove it...I just know it’s true”
yep because of covid, but I am talking about 2022 and beyond and the degree to which current operating conditions including hours and events is really not predictive of future plans

aliceismad

Thanks @marni1971. Always appreciate the tips.

You mean “bland land”? Have you been? Is your husband the one attack of the clones/last Jedi Superfan on earth??

I haven't been. A trip to DLR was on the table for this year (prior to covid). Disney is only on a 3-ish year rotation for us, depending on how much I push. :) He fully wants to build the lightsaber, drink the milk, etc., etc. This is a guy for whom the Star Wars dessert party was a very desirable add-on. (And he's a Darth Vader guy forever, but I actually did enjoy Last Jedi so take that for what you will.)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thanks @marni1971. Always appreciate the tips.

I haven't been. A trip to DLR was on the table for this year (prior to covid). Disney is only on a 3-ish year rotation for us, depending on how much I push. :) He fully wants to build the lightsaber, drink the milk, etc., etc. This is a guy for whom the Star Wars dessert party was a very desirable add-on. (And he's a Darth Vader guy forever, but I actually did enjoy Last Jedi so take that for what you will.)

...yeah...I’d check it out before you sign up for the special ticketed event 😉

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
yep because of covid, but I am talking about 2022 and beyond and the degree to which current operating conditions including hours and events is really not predictive of future plans

We will all see.

But to be clear: I’m not considering covid for future hour/ticket policies...at least not this. I’m looking at the patterns of the last 10 years of the Igerian dynasty. The “river flows to the sea”

I’m just a nut who knows nothing...I have no experience or insight to base my operations prognostications on...
...I just get lucky and I’m right a freak number of times. I’m like the Forrest Gump of Disney chat...

But i’m Wondering why Disney would reward the base tickets and the upsells and not drive to the upsells?
Awful magnanimous of a Dow 30 company? 🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom