News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

MadderAdder

Well they reduced the time to 30 minutes but increased it to every park every day. Not only does that increase flexibility but it also spreads out the resort Early Entry crowds to different parks so no one gets specifically busy.

Point being, whether it is “diminished” is in the eye of the beholder. It’s more different than worse.
Agreed. Much prefer a half hour at all four parks over one hour at one. Ideally an hour ahead at all four parks would be best.. but 🙃

Ayla

Well they reduced the time to 30 minutes but increased it to every park every day. Not only does that increase flexibility but it also spreads out the resort Early Entry crowds to different parks so no one gets specifically busy.

Point being, whether it is “diminished” is in the eye of the beholder. It’s more different than worse.
I'm curious how you think it increases flexibility. The park reservation system and no park hopping until 2pm lock you into one park, at least until after lunch.

doctornick

I'm curious how you think it increases flexibility. The park reservation system and no park hopping until 2pm lock you into one park, at least until after lunch.
If you wanted to use morning EMH, you had to do a specific park on a specific day. Current Early Entry allows a person to go to any park any day of the week to use it. When deciding what park you want to do, you can do any and utilize it.

Also, for resort guests (who are the ones who can use Early Entry), park reservations are pretty much open and able to be changed on the fly most days, aren’t they?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's really a matter of personal preference. I'd prefer they go the other direction and allow maximum flexibility by not making reservations until you scan in for the day.
Then its a race to be the first in the parks.

Disney tried that with Galaxy's Edge and it was not a happy time for a significant group of people: Those who lost the fast-fingers race and Disney's Customer's Reps dealing with problems.

DHS had a crush of people at the gates waiting to get in. That's why the fast-fingers race was moved to way before the parks open in people's homes/hotels.

pdude81

Then its a race to be the first in the parks.

Disney tried that with Galaxy's Edge and it was not a happy time for a significant group of people: Those who lost the fast-fingers race and Disney's Customer's Reps dealing with problems.

DHS had a crush of people at the gates waiting to get in. That's why the fast-fingers race was moved to way before the parks open in people's homes/hotels.
Selection after ticket scans worked pretty well Maxpass before VQ, but the thing was that maxpass wasn't heavily used by the AP crowd out west, and there are many more attractions. I do like the ability to pick one in the morning before I head out, and perhaps they can split the difference and select one ILL and one G+ up to a week in advance, but the rest would revert to 120 minute windows after park opening.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not having to make Genie+ reservations same day is good news as well. I wonder what their plan is? Would be nice if they could somehow come up with a system where you could book say 3 attractions about 90 days out. Don't know how all of that would work but it's a nice thought.
Basically go back to FP+ where you got 3 advance reservations a day and then could use more on the day of if available.
That's really a matter of personal preference. I'd prefer they go the other direction and allow maximum flexibility by not making reservations until you scan in for the day.
Isn’t that how it works today? Would the change just be allowing more than 1 reservation at a time?

drizgirl

Basically go back to FP+ where you got 3 advance reservations a day and then could use more on the day of if available.

Isn’t that how it works today? Would the change just be allowing more than 1 reservation at a time?
It starts at 7 AM for onsite folks. People are having to set their alarms for 6:55 AM every day of their vacation. Nobody should be surprised that's not popular.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It starts at 7 AM for onsite folks. People are having to set their alarms for 6:55 AM every day of their vacation. Nobody should be surprised that's not popular.
Yeah that isn’t ideal. The problem with waiting to scan in is you get lines of people waiting to get in and book. I think the only way to avoid it is to open the reservations in advance. 30-60 days or something.

CaptainAmerica

You only need to book your first reservation at 7am if you want an early return time.

You only need an early return time if you're getting to the park early.

If you're getting to the park early, you need to be up by 7am anyways.

If you're not getting to the park until noon, sleep as late as you want and book your first reservation then. There's no rush to get an early LL if you're not going to be in the park early enough to use it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It seems to work fine that way at DLR.
Yeah max pass always worked ok out there and I enjoyed it when I visited but it’s a different crowd. You don’t get people camped out at the doors as much and locals with APs didn’t pay for it as much either. They also had a lot more rides available. Outside of MK capacity is a huge problem at WDW. If you don’t get there at or near rope drop the top rides will book up fast. With advance reservations you didn’t have to get up for rope drop for a park like AK or even DHS.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You only need to book your first reservation at 7am if you want an early return time.

You only need an early return time if you're getting to the park early.

If you're getting to the park early, you need to be up by 7am anyways.

If you're not getting to the park until noon, sleep as late as you want and book your first reservation then. There's no rush to get an early LL if you're not going to be in the park early enough to use it.
If you want to maximize the amount of attractions you get on for the day it's best to make a LL at 7 am even if your not getting to the parks until later. This way, the 120 minute clock begins and you can make another LL sooner.

You may not need to get up right at 7 am depending on what time you plan on getting to the parks, but you'd still need to get up early.

I'd bet most families with children who are paying $80 or more for Genie+ for the day are gonna want to get the most bang for their buck which would basically require getting up early. And to be clear, I'm not against it. I'm an early riser, especially at WDW.

CaptainAmerica

If you want to maximize the amount of attractions you get on for the day it's best to make a LL at 7 am even if your not getting to the parks until later. This way, the 120 minute clock begins and you can make another LL sooner.
That is not correct.

The 120 minute clock doesn't start until the park opens, no matter how far in advance of park open you make your first rez.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom