News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

ToTBellHop

Same reasons people stayed at deluxes before this (now exclusive) perk was implemented. Location, more spacious accomodations, nicer pools, theme, DVC members, etc.
Not enough we’re booking.
Because I can pay 250$ a night and get all the perks... Rent dvc points or stay swolfin on discounts and it's a win win with the budget and perks.
They care more about cash guests staying at a Disney-owned resort. An extra perk for DVC is meant to help sell contracts at the current and future cost-per-point.

Muffinpants

Not enough we’re booking.

They care more about cash guests staying at a Disney-owned resort. An extra perk for DVC is meant to help sell contracts at the current and future cost-per-point.
I don't care who they want I will use it to my benefit. It's why I stay deluxe. Mod prices and more perks. Simple choice.

mattpeto

I think most people understand why (myself included). It's not like Values and Moderates come cheap either. This perk was there for all WDW Resorts guests before, too bad it's not anymore.
It just takes a little math to see that the benefit is still there and it’s maybe even more valuable to resort guests. All of the parks are open an additional 2 hours per day (30 mins * 4 parks) to resort guests or 14 hours per week.

Extra Magic Hours, at least from 2/29/2020 to 03/07/2020 as our baseline, would extend one park per day 1 hour and maybe 2.5 days for evening hours a night or two. If you add the hours to together it’s 11 hours total for the week.

Reference

The deluxe evening hours is on top of that or adds 4 hours per week for the guests staying at their Deluxe resorts.

dennis-in-ct

It just takes a little math to see that the benefit is still there and it’s maybe even more valuable to resort guests. All of the parks are open an additional 2 hours per day (30 mins * 4 parks) to resort guests or 14 hours per week.

Extra Magic Hours, at least from 2/29/2020 to 03/07/2020 as our baseline, would extend one park per day 1 hour and maybe 2.5 days for evening hours a night or two. If you add the hours to together it’s 11 hours total for the week.

Reference

The deluxe evening hours is on top of that or adds 4 hours per week for the guests staying at their Deluxe resorts.

a value is approx. 200 per night
a deluxe is approx. 700 per night

6 nights is an additional $3,000.

3000 for and extra 2 hours per night (9-11pm) comes out to $250. Per hour

a one day ticket to Magic Kingdom is approx 100.00

spending the extra money for a deluxe resort is not justified on this perk for me.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

3000 for and extra 2 hours per night (9-11pm) comes out to $250. Per night

spending the extra money for a deluxe resort is not justified on this perk for me.
It’s not geared toward people who view deluxes as the same as moderates but for this perk. It’s for people who enjoy the deluxes but think the value is no longer quite there. This pushes them over the edge (or so Disney hopes). I love Yacht Club because it has the best pool and one of the best locations (and access to dining) at WDW. I love POFQ but it doesn’t have the pool, location, or dining. This perk makes me more willing to drop the $700.

Touchdown

3000 for and extra 2 hours per night (9-11pm) comes out to $250. Per night

But you also have to factor monorail/boat/skyway and walking access to parks, better resturants onsite, the fact they are true hotels not motels, and are closer to the parks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I would agree with that if the *quality* of time after hours is the same as the quality of time during the day.

But, you have to factor in the value of an hour after the park closes. If you're not waiting on lines and hitting four times the number of rides as you would during the day. Then that $250/hour is the equivalent of paying only $62/hour during the day.

Last edited:

dmw

In the Parks
No
But you also have to factor monorail/boat/skyway and walking access to parks, better resturants onsite, the fact they are true hotels not motels, and are closer to the parks.
I can agree with the hotel vs motel argument, but I'm not buying the argument about transportation and proximity, nor the better restaurants. MK resorts are a long bus ride to AK. WL has boat access only to MK, no other transportation benefit. AKL has NO transportation benefit and is a long haul to MK. POP, AOA and CBR actually have skyliner stations on their resort property, whereas the BC/YC require a walk to the Epcot station to catch the skyliner. And, anyone can eat at Deluxe restaurants, so I don't see that as justification for paying more for the room.

We have stayed at all levels of resorts in WDW, and while AKL savanna view rooms are AMAZING (we got a sweet sale for our stay in 2002), the prices today for those rooms are not worth it to us, nor are the prices for the MK resorts (we stayed at the Poly in 2019). The extra hours perk does not justify the price for us. My $0.02, and YMMV.

mattpeto

Value is always subjective.

My post was just illustrating the current perk presents more hours for resort guests than Extra Magic Hours did.

ImperfectPixie

Value is always subjective.

My post was just illustrating the current perk presents more hours for resort guests than Extra Magic Hours did.
I overheard my older son having an argument over video chat with his friends last night over whether a particular video game was a "ripoff" or not (he is adamant that it's not)...let the lessons in what is subjective begin!

dreday3

I was upset when we stayed at Gran Destino and felt it was unfair that moderates couldn't take advantage of the evening hours.

Next trip we are staying at Beach Club and crossing every finger that they still have the deluxe evening hours in place.

Funny how life works. ;) 😂

Touchdown

I can agree with the hotel vs motel argument, but I'm not buying the argument about transportation and proximity, nor the better restaurants. MK resorts are a long bus ride to AK. WL has boat access only to MK, no other transportation benefit. AKL has NO transportation benefit and is a long haul to MK. POP, AOA and CBR actually have skyliner stations on their resort property, whereas the BC/YC require a walk to the Epcot station to catch the skyliner. And, anyone can eat at Deluxe restaurants, so I don't see that as justification for paying more for the room.

We have stayed at all levels of resorts in WDW, and while AKL savanna view rooms are AMAZING (we got a sweet sale for our stay in 2002), the prices today for those rooms are not worth it to us, nor are the prices for the MK resorts (we stayed at the Poly in 2019). The extra hours perk does not justify the price for us. My $0.02, and YMMV.
I was speaking mainly to the Crescent Lake (boat and walking access to Epcot and DHS) and monorail resorts (monorail to MK and Epcot, walking to MK.). Those are the main reason those resorts are so pricy and why I gravitate to them. WL is priced significantly cheaper then those resorts because there is only boat access to MK and AKL has a unique benefit that commands the high prices. When you think deluxe Disney Redort you think of the monorail and Crescent Lake resorts because those are the majority of the properties. The others are outliers and DVC (lodges, SSR, OKW, Rivera)

adam.adbe

Sure, it might make no sense for you personally. Conversely, for an average family of three or four staying at a mod at $250+ a night or at say AK or WL for often around $500 a night:

Six nights is an additional $1500. Given three occupants and two extra hours, that's $250 pp for an after hours event. Or put the other way, six AH tickets is typically going to cost me around $600-$900.

If I'm the kind of person that would pay for AH, then I'm getting an upgrade from a mod to a deluxe for say $750, or $125 a night, which might be enough to sweeten the deal. For a family of four, the math is better still.

dennis-in-ct

I would agree with that if the *quality* of time after hours is the same as the quality of time during the day.

But, you have to factor in the value of an hour after the park closes. If you're not waiting on lines and hitting four times the number of rides as you would during the day. Then that $250/hour is the equivalent of paying only $62/hour during the day.
It is my recollection that not all the rides are open. I remember the old E-Nights (cost was 15 dollars extra) and riding splash mountain 4 times in a row without getting off the ride!!
They were GLORIOUS nights and so much fun and so worth it at the time. The costs now I feel are just becoming too much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom