News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

doctornick

People liking it and it being a revenue booster that is worthwhile ROI can be two different things though.

Sure, but would they really be able to tell much from a one off for that?

I mean, the main way this would drive revenue would be to increase bookings in the deluxe resorts (assuming they are not filled) but there's so many factors that go into that that I'm not sure one change in the evening hours would make a difference.

Also, I'd be more interested to see if there were a difference in bookings if both MK and DHS have evening hours in one week, since that would be the most valuable setup (not that Epcot doesn't have some value in exclusive hours, but it lags behind those other two).

ToTBellHop

It is not the hotel bookings they are going to look to as much as how many dollars are those hotel guests spending while in the extended hours. Food, snacks and merch after the rides and inbetween.
It’s also an operational test. What is surprising to me is that it’s in lieu of MK that week. I’d rather have MK. Why not do MK, Epcot, and DHS that week as I presume they want to see the impact of 3 offerings.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s also an operational test. What is surprising to me is that it’s in lieu of MK that week. I’d rather have MK. Why not do MK, Epcot, and DHS that week as I presume they want to see the impact of 3 offerings.
And... bring back After Hours for each of the parks. There's eight days in a week to do both, right?

I'd rather buy the nighttime experience in lieu of day-tickets.

Which means if they had deluxe extra hours for all four parks every week, I might splurge for those overpriced rooms.

G00fyDad

They can give people staying in a Deluxe resort six extra hours each night and I wouldn't care. I just want them to extend the near useless 30 minutes to a full 60. 30 minutes is nothing more than a useless enticement that might allow you to get one ride in. We really enjoyed the extra magic hour back when they had that going. This 30 minutes is nothing more than Disney's way of saying "Hey, at least we're doing something for you so why don't you stay on property?".

celluloid

They can give people staying in a Deluxe resort six extra hours each night and I wouldn't care.

Yes, the thirty minutes are usuelss. And to your point here. Maintenace would certainly not be getting any better with overnight extended hours and moonlight magic running things to the ground with less time than ever to fix the abuse.

doctornick

It is not the hotel bookings they are going to look to as much as how many dollars are those hotel guests spending while in the extended hours. Food, snacks and merch after the rides and inbetween.

While I'm sure they would look at those numbers, I can't image it would drive any decisions as they would be paltry. If those were the key factors then they'd open the evening hours to all on property resorts to have more guests (and thus more spending). By limiting it to deluxe resorts, it's a very clear attempt to push people into reserving at those places over the moderate/value places and off property (also to help sell DVC).

doctornick

They can give people staying in a Deluxe resort six extra hours each night and I wouldn't care. I just want them to extend the near useless 30 minutes to a full 60. 30 minutes is nothing more than a useless enticement that might allow you to get one ride in. We really enjoyed the extra magic hour back when they had that going. This 30 minutes is nothing more than Disney's way of saying "Hey, at least we're doing something for you so why don't you stay on property?".

To each their own by 30minutes every day at every park to me sounds like a better deal than 1 hour at one park on some days. This allows for a lot more flexibility (go to whatever park you want on a day to get the benefit), doesn't require getting there quite so early, and won't result in a particular park being particularly crowded. Yes, the 30 minutes is less valuable than 60 minutes, but you can get the benefit every day so more chances to utilize it. YMMV

That said, we haven't since it has been in effect, but conceptually it looks like an improvement to me over the old system. We never went to early morning hours, because it wasn't worth being in that park that morning after the time was up (9am-1pm or so would be unbearable at those parks.

celluloid

To each their own by 30minutes every day at every park to me sounds like a better deal than 1 hour at one park on some days. This allows for a lot more flexibility (go to whatever park you want on a day to get the benefit), doesn't require getting there quite so early, and won't result in a particular park being particularly crowded. Yes, the 30 minutes is less valuable than 60 minutes, but you can get the benefit every day so more chances to utilize it. YMMV

That said, we haven't since it has been in effect, but conceptually it looks like an improvement to me over the old system. We never went to early morning hours, because it wasn't worth being in that park that morning after the time was up (9am-1pm or so would be unbearable at those parks.

I think the poster you are responding to is thinking it should be one hour early for all the parks.

That is more what it used to pre EMH. E Ticket hours kind of concept.

I do agree with all parks splitting it though. It spreads the crowds and earlier is better than later for me in most cases. I like the early bird factor vs the more crowds at night. There are pros and cons to both but many you could walk on in thos mornings.

Food and reservations kind of messed with the half hour perk as well.

celluloid

Well you have to consider what it is a test for down the road. Where do you think the guests at Starcuiser are going to play the most when it is shuttled right there at night?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And... bring back After Hours for each of the parks. There's eight days in a week to do both, right?

I'd rather buy the nighttime experience in lieu of day-tickets.

Which means if they had deluxe extra hours for all four parks every week, I might splurge for those overpriced rooms.
You big, fibbing little bird…

I think the point of nighttime was never “in lieu” of anything

DisneyDreamer08

This was my exact experience a few weeks back. I did early entry 6 times. I could get one ride done and queue up for my 2nd. I waited less than 10 minutes for my second ride about half the time, then full crowds kicked in. There were however a few times I had close to a 30 minute wait for ride #2. It really isn’t any different than traditional rope drop 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This was my exact experience a few weeks back. I did early entry 6 times. I could get one ride done and queue up for my 2nd. I waited less than 10 minutes for my second ride about half the time, then full crowds kicked in. There were however a few times I had close to a 30 minute wait for ride #2. It really isn’t any different than traditional rope drop 🤷🏻‍♀️
I seem to remember many claiming this would “save them” from paying for the new paid fastpass + 2.0…

…which made no sense. The point is to make you pay for it.

Thanks for sharing your experiences

ToTBellHop

So when are the parks actually opening? I presume MK is at 8:30 am on the dot since they’ve always been very punctual, but I’ve heard DHS is opening some rides (RotR) as early as 8 am to resort guests. How about Epcot and DAK?

Touchdown

So when are the parks actually opening? I presume MK is at 8:30 am on the dot since they’ve always been very punctual, but I’ve heard DHS is opening some rides (RotR) as early as 8 am to resort guests. How about Epcot and DAK?
AK lately has worked to open FoP exactly at 8:30, by which I mean letting the first people into the disinfecting chamber exactly at 8:30. So the front gate will open at 8am, and Pandora will open 8:15ish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom