Early reviews for TLM ride?

td1129

Original Poster
I know it's now WDW, but since we're getting the same ride I thought I'd post it here.

Are there any early reviews from TLM ride at DCA yet?

Neverland

I only know one person who's ridden it, but here's her consensus:

AAs are VERY fluid.

Ursula's sound wasn't working the first time around, but the AA was so expressive, you could tell exactly what she was saying/doing anyway.

Under the Sea Ariel's hair is still very weird. Apparently it does wiggle a little bit, so it's not completely stiff.

Part of Your World Ariel's hair is AMAZING.

The AAs' eyes move and their faces are capable of expression; this is utilized a lot in the Kiss the Girl scene. They lean in to kiss, Eric turns away sheepishly, Ariel looks down with a sad expression, etc.

King Triton looks very good.

Finale Ariel on the boat is so fluid, she is able to do a perfect princess parade wave.

Overall, she LOVED it.

Disney Rocks

Can you be more descriptive? I don't know what that is.
It's the scene wher Ursula is huge. She's two dimensional cutout that is supposed to create athree dimensional illusion, but I have heard some call it cheap as well as the Ariel and Eric projection in that scene.

Disney Rocks

Just from the video previews, I am highly impressed with the AA's in the ride. I'll hold judgment on the ride until I ride it myself, but a lot of the reviews are mixed.

Neverland

It's the scene wher Ursula is huge. She's two dimensional cutout that is supposed to create athree dimensional illusion, but I have heard some call it cheap as well as the Ariel and Eric projection in that scene.

For real? They spent how many millions on the rest of the attraction and gave us some of the nicest AAs ever and people are upset about that one thing? Maybe WDI didn't want to build a giant AA because they didn't want another forever broken yeti or problematic Murphy the dragon. Dino-Rama is cheap. The 'new' teacup roof was cheap. The fact that MK has had three different parades in the last ten years that are actually all the same parade is cheap. I'll pass judgement on whether this is cheap when I see it for myself, but right now, that just sounds like people are overreacting. Disney poured tons of money into Mermaid, and we should be happy about that.

TP2000

Does the ride ascend and descend, or is it a flat track?

It descends near the beginning, and ascends towards the end.

The overall consensus from CM's on Disneyland boards is that the Mermaid ride is a fantastic family dark-ride with a 6 minute ride time and a gazillion animatronics and some nifty special effects inside. Supposedly the smaller animatronics like Scuttle and Sebastian that show up several times in the ride are more impressive technically than the giant animatronics like Ursula that Disney has been using for PR on the Disney Parks Blog.

It's exactly the big family dark ride that DCA has been missing since it opened in 2001.

The walls came down from around DCA's Mermaid building late last week, and Cast Member Previews are happening through this week.

DCA's Little Mermaid Attraction At Night This Past Weekend
5745775068_e83516d4d0_b.jpg

I would imagine within a week they will lift the ban on photography and video inside the ride, and we'll see our first good YouTube ride-through video. The exteriors are different between DCA and Magic Kingdom, but the interior is said to be identical at the two parks. Video will be available within a week or so! :sohappy:

jt04

The overall consensus from CM's on Disneyland boards is that the Mermaid ride is a fantastic family dark-ride with a 6 minute ride time and a gazillion animatronics and some nifty special effects inside. Supposedly the smaller animatronics like Scuttle and Sebastian that show up several times in the ride are more impressive technically than the giant animatronics like Ursula that Disney has been using for PR on the Disney Parks Blog.

It's exactly the big family dark ride that DCA has been missing since it opened in 2001.

The walls came down from around DCA's Mermaid building late last week, and Cast Member Previews are happening through this week.

DCA's Little Mermaid Attraction At Night This Past Weekend
5745775068_e83516d4d0_b.jpg

I would imagine within a week they will lift the ban on photography and video inside the ride, and we'll see our first good YouTube ride-through video. The exteriors are different between DCA and Magic Kingdom, but the interior is said to be identical at the two parks. Video will be available within a week or so! :sohappy:

I have seen more pics of the DCA show building and it is absolutely first rate. It reminds me of Epcot when it first opened. IMO the show building is at least as important as what is inside and they really got it right! WDI is back. :)

Enchantâmes

People can't apreciate anything anymore. Who the hell cares about the reviews? I think its going to be awesome and besides all I have read from people who actually rode it is that it is a hit and the best thing Disney has done for the parks since World of Color.

sponono88

Here's a closer look at the area beneath the archway - note the colorful clamshells along the hand-painted mural!

IMG_0161.jpg

So far I'm hearing very good reviews for the ride. Not a huge E-Ticket obviously, but a very fun musical dark-ride with lots of AAs. A perfect addition to the park :)

td1129

Original Poster
People can't apreciate anything anymore. Who the hell cares about the reviews? I think its going to be awesome and besides all I have read from people who actually rode it is that it is a hit and the best thing Disney has done for the parks since World of Color.

Just to clarify...you have a problem with me asking about early reviews, or people being critical of the ride?

Biff215

It sounds like those going in expecting the next HM were disappointed, while those expecting a really good FL dark ride were impressed. You can't ever please everyone!

I agree that their show building looks fantastic and perfectly compliments Paradise Pier. It will be interesting to see how ours turns out, but I'm excited since it will better match the theming of the ride itself.

It does stink that we got Star Tours a week or so early, but now might have to wait a year plus to see our LM!

skimbob

I can tell you it is nice to see something other than walls at DCA. We have been looking at nothing but walls since 2009. I don't care what this ride will look like I am just happy to see it finished. The rest of the park is walled now so I am glad to see something not walled. At least with FLE it is at the edge of the park and not everywhere you look. I know DCA will be awesome once done but right now it looks like a disaster area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom