Early 90's Light Rail/Trolley System Proposal for WDW

PeterAlt

This coming from a person that has yet to provide an even remotely accurate cost estimate for any of the grand ideas they have purposed.
I don't work for Disney nor am I even qualified to even guess at figures! What I do know is what I see. I see Universal spending money on a system that logically is more expensive per mile because it's entirely elevated, as well as it being automated. Add to their cost all the theming they're doing for it, the special ride effects, the movie projected on the windows they have to produce, and so on, and what they are doing per mile has to be astronomically more than this trolly system!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't work for Disney nor am I even qualified to even guess at figures! What I do know is what I see. I see Universal spending money on a system that logically is more expensive per mile because it's entirely elevated, as well as it being automated. Add to their cost all the theming they're doing for it, the special ride effects, the movie projected on the windows they have to produce, and so on, and what they are doing per mile has to be astronomically more than this trolly system!
Yet you are telling someone that has been in the construction business in Florida for 18 years and is qualified to more than guess at figures that they are ridiculous.

The Hogwarts Express is an attraction for an insanely popular franchise that also serves as transportation. As an attraction normal cost/benefit analysis go out the window. It also stands a good chance of increasing the sale of of 2 park passes at US/IOA giving it an ROI.

PeterAlt

Yet you are telling someone that has been in the construction business in Florida for 18 years and is qualified to more than guess at figures that they are ridiculous.

The Hogwarts Express is an attraction for an insanely popular franchise that also serves as transportation. As an attraction normal cost/benefit analysis go out the window. It also stands a good chance of increasing the sale of of 2 park passes at US/IOA giving it an ROI.
Your point? Disney can and absolutely should do the same thing. Especially between EC and DHS and between DHS and DAK. They're even free to use a Marvel theme since these systems are outside the park gates!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
As opposed to a road for busses that has to be paved once or twice a decade? But let's think that the costs Universal may incur are even remotely comparable to what Disney would pay for an expanded monorail system....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Your point? Disney can and absolutely should do the same thing. Especially between EC and DHS and between DHS and DAK. They're even free to use a Marvel theme since these systems are outside the park gates!
Why?
How much will it cost?
What is the ROI?
Did you forget that they already have a boat and a walking path between the 2?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I am sure that it is just the whole PR nightmare of "killing you then copying you". You know how crazy the tree huggers can get.;)
I think it would be awesome. Dematerialize you at the TTC, rematerialize you at the park of your choice, fully decked out in "Your Disney Side"*

*Nominal astronomical fees applies. Not responsible for misplaced appendages or negation of Botox injections.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think it would be awesome. Dematerialize you at the TTC, rematerialize you at the park of your choice, fully decked out in "Your Disney Side"*

*Nominal astronomical fees applies. Not responsible for misplaced appendages or negation of Botox injections.
I am just not sure that I would trust Disney software to get the right outfit.

46579-ugly-princess-leia-hairy-fat-g-dCqt.jpeg

PeterAlt

If it's true that you too would like to see transit expanded at WDW, then join the think tank. You're not even trying. All I keep hearing are excuses.

PeterAlt

I get it. This is when everybody gangs up on me with illogical nonsense. This is when I say later gators. Until next time, it's been fun and it's been real but it hasn't been real fun.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I get it. This is when everybody gangs up on me with illogical nonsense. This is when I say later gators. Until next time, it's been fun and it's been real but it hasn't been real fun.
Asking for proof of your concepts in the form of cost estimates is "illogical nonsense"? I'll have to try that excuse next time someone wants to shoot down one of my projects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom