Earfell Tower to be removed

WDWFanDave

It's sort of surreal. DHS (MGM) is the only Disney park I've been alive enough, and consciously aware enough, to experience it's birth and death. I watched all the shows promoting the opening (I was 9 when it opened), and we were there very soon after it opened. I experienced the park at its onset and at its peak, when they added Tower of Terror. I experienced the original backlot tour (the LONG one) and really ate up the "real studio" thing.

And, sadly, I've watched the park be admitted to the ICU and have various life support systems removed one by one.

Yes, I love progress, but it's a shame to see essentially everything that gave the park any character being removed. Lots of nostalgia.

Great post, Tom. I'm a bit older (but I don't like to admit it!), and I have the same feelings about EPCOT. My first visit to WDW was in 1978. A couple of years later, our second visit, and my first remembrance of EPCOT at the Main Street welcome center, there was a film/show...where Mickey and Tink are now doing meet & greets. I still have the brochure they were passing out announcing the opening of EPCOT and the planned attractions. I remember the amazing Future World (still have a World of Motion brochure (or two) and the addition of new pavilions that followed).

Now, well, we all know what it looks like. And, I also remember the 'Disney-MGM Studios' as you do. An amazing place to be back then!

JohnD

Maybe they are leaving room for some Toy Story artwork or more Star Wars, Though if more Star Wars they may need to remove some of the other Star Wars graphics or people are going to call the whole park Star Wars Land. :facepalm:

For the park as it is today, I can think of several things to add: Fantasmic, Toy Story, Muppets, Indy. SW is already covered with the AT-AT and the ST vehicle.

Meeko77

It's three posts above actually.
Yes, I saw that, but it came across as a small thumbnail for me. I was hoping it might be available in this larger size (like the current version is on the site - if you right-click the image below, it should appear much larger):
Vignette_HollywoodStudios_4000x800-2.png

Thanks though! :)

JohnD

Thanks so much! Still a bit smaller than the other, but maybe they never made the larger size. Really appreciate your help! :)

The reason is that the larger version is shrunk down via HTML. This one is actual size for displaying on the itinerary page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom