E-RIDE Night Info for the Dumb???

AdLibSean

Seeing as that I'm extremely stupid, I'm not understanding the process of getting into the E-Ride Night at Magic Kingdom. I know they charge 10$ and you have to be staying at a Disney resort to order tickets. I know thats where you purchase them, but what after that? I've heard stuff about you HAVE to be at MK during THAT day, and then after 4 you cash in ticket for a wristband???? HUH??? Somebody HELP!!

wdwfan22

Here's how it works.

You purchase an E-Ride Night Ticket $12 adults $10 per child 3-9 plus tax. Tickets may be purchased at your Disney Resort Guest Services Desk. To purchase a ticket you must be a Disney Resort Guest and have multi-day tickets for each member of your party. E-Ride Night Tickets do not grant you admission to the park. Therefore Magic Kingdom admission is still required.

After 4 you then exchange your ticket for an E-Ride Night wristband. This may be done at City Hall, Tomorrowland Arcade and Splashdown Photo.

Your wristband entitles you to access to the 9 attractions as often as you like for three hours after the scheduled park closing. Only guests with wristbands will be allowed in the park during this time.

The 9 attractions are:

1. Alien Encounter
2. Astro Orbiter
3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin
5. Country Bear Jamboree
6. Haunted Mansion
7. Space Mountain
8. Splash Mountain
9. Tomorrowland Transit Authority

attraction line up subject to change without notice

Upvote 0

Juniper

It's worth it. :sohappy:

Not only can you get into the park later in the day and still get to do everything but the mass exodus of people leaving after the final parade has no bearing on your stay in the Magic Kingdom. Staff members walk down the streets with a ribbon between them to round up everybody but you can stroll right by them; it's an awesome feeling and the park is way less crowded than the "early entry" that resort guests used to have.

Pecos Bills stayed open for a late dinner and the only time we spent not going on rides was walking back and forth to everything. Pay attention to your resort transportation because some buses stopped running after the "mortals" had left the park; we had to go Downtown Disney to get a bus to the Caribbean Beach Resort. I'd recommend the E-Ride night to anybody fortunate enough to be staying at a resort when it's offered.

Upvote 0

Jeremy22

I agree, the E-ride nights are totally worth it. It is such a great feeling to see the mass exodus of people while you can stay and ride for another few hours. It was great going on Buzz Lightyear, showing the wristband, and being let into the queue. I remember some other guests who did not purchase the e-ride night tickets trying to get into the line and the cast members had to explain it and not let them enter. I kinda felt bad for the cast members -- they take a lot of abuse from some people.

Another great benefit of the e-ride night was that characters were available for photos and there weren't mobs of guests.

I know that not having done this before, you may feel a little clueless about it, but when you get to MK, ask a cast member and they will direct you. Everything is organized and set up really efficiently. You'll get your wristband and you'll be set for the night. ENJOY IT!!!!

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Love E-Ride, we consider it a must do. Walking on all the big rides is great. We save them especially for E-Ride night and will be doing both E-Ride Nights when we are there next week. I am an early riser but never attended early entry. Couldn't understand how people who rise at 5 or 6 each morning for work would want to do the same thing for vacation. We usually have a big group and coordinating that many people's shower/bathroom time usually had us miss the whole early entry experience. Well, now we won't have to try and do it since they stopped it. We always talked about trying early entry, could not seem to get it organized.

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

e ride nights are incredible. it is very much worth it. the nice thing is that you can go to MGM, MK, or EPCOT during the day, and then get into the MK after dinner or something before the park closes. then, you can have a full day in the parks without being stuck in MK all day long.

this is all assuming you have a park hopper pass!

enjoy! it really is a great time!:wave:

Upvote 0

AdLibSean

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for clearing that up! One more question, how are the crowds? Call me crazy but I like a few people around when I'm on an attraction. For me it just adds something. I know going them alone would be pretty cool but oh well thats my two cents...

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

Crowds will vary. Most of the time crowds are light. Meaning that you never have to wait more then 10 min for an attraction. However I have been a couple of times where it had been packed with wait times at 30 to 40 mins. That's on a rare occasion though. For the most part you'll have the park to yourself. Have fun!

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

I have done e-ride twice. once was during a very rainy day, and there was about 2000 people there. not many. we walked right on rides.

the other time I think the longest I have ever had to wait was about 4 minutes for splash mountain, they had some techinal thing wrong. but that was the night when it was full (a full eride night is about 5 thousand people). so, enjoy!

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
wow...cool...thanks for all the great info gang!

I kinda sorta knew about e-ride nights.....but now I know a ton more..... I hope...make that...I WILL be going this fall...

Do they have e-ride nights say Sept-Nov?
I am going to be starting my trip planning and booking very soon..I would Like a moderate resort...but due to money issues I will settle for an AS resorts...any tips and info on e-nights in the fall gang?:)

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by wdwfan22
Yes you must be a Disney Resort Guest to participate in the E-Ride Night
Yes you have to be a resort guest because you buy your e-ride ticket at guest services at your resort. We have just returned, yesterday, from WDW. We drove down and my cousin flew down 3 days later. We couldn't buy him an e-ride ticket until he checked in even though he was staying in the same room with us.

Upvote 0

WDWManic

Has anyone ever been to an e-night? I havnt got the chance yet we were suppose to go one night last August but didnt get the chance. Are they worth the 10 dollars or is it too crowded?

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by tjcjr
Can you purchase the E Ride tickets prior to the day it is valid or can they only be purchased on that day ?

it can be purchased on that day or before. it doesn't matter, since they print the date right on it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom