E-RIDE Night Info for the Dumb???

AdLibSean

Seeing as that I'm extremely stupid, I'm not understanding the process of getting into the E-Ride Night at Magic Kingdom. I know they charge 10$ and you have to be staying at a Disney resort to order tickets. I know thats where you purchase them, but what after that? I've heard stuff about you HAVE to be at MK during THAT day, and then after 4 you cash in ticket for a wristband???? HUH??? Somebody HELP!!

Invero

Originally posted by Juniper
Pay attention to your resort transportation because some buses stopped running after the "mortals" had left the park; we had to go Downtown Disney to get a bus to the Caribbean Beach Resort.

All resort busses continue to run until the entire park is clear of ALL guests. Trust me... I've spent a few nights just waiting... All the load zones are full of empty busses, and we're all just waiting for that last group of guests to leave the park. And wouldn't you know it, they were going back to the resort I had. LOL

But like I said... All Disney resort busses will run until that theme park is clear of ALL guests. (This goes for MK, Epcot, Studios, AK, and DTD) Disney won't leave you trapped. :)

The only transportation that DOES stop, is Watercraft. So, we'll often set up a Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness bus that will service these locations. (Pending staffing availability of course... if not, one can always take the Monorail to the TTC)

Upvote 0

dmp223

My question is... what is the latest time you can pickup the e-ride bracelet? If you are not at the MK during the day, is it necessary to head over at some point after 4pm to pick it up or can you wait till you head over in the evening? Thanks for any info.

Upvote 0

Cheryl

The 9 attractions are:

1. Alien Encounter
2. Astro Orbiter
3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin
5. Country Bear Jamboree
6. Haunted Mansion
7. Space Mountain
8. Splash Mountain
9. Tomorrowland Transit Authority
These were the rides that were posted on an earlier reply. Are these all the rides that are open? So, from what I'm getting, it's probably not in our best interests to buy the E-ride tickets with a toddler b/c he could only be on about 3 of them.:cry:
Then again, he loves Buzz so much that perhaps the $30 might be well spent! :lol:

Cheryl

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by Cheryl
The 9 attractions are:

1. Alien Encounter
2. Astro Orbiter
3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin
5. Country Bear Jamboree
6. Haunted Mansion
7. Space Mountain
8. Splash Mountain
9. Tomorrowland Transit Authority
These were the rides that were posted on an earlier reply. Are these all the rides that are open? So, from what I'm getting, it's probably not in our best interests to buy the E-ride tickets with a toddler b/c he could only be on about 3 of them.:cry:
Then again, he loves Buzz so much that perhaps the $30 might be well spent! :lol: Have a magical day!

Cheryl

We returned from WDW yesterday, 7/2/02, and those were the attractions that were open for e-ride. The price is now $12.00 plus tax. You may pick up your bracelet anytime after 4:00 pm. When we checked in, they suggested you get to park before the posted regular closing because the front gates can get very crowded with guests leaving and e-riders coming in.

Upvote 0

freediverdude

Ok I have a question

I haven't heard this one answered about the e-nights yet, so I'll ask: What if I'm staying at a Disney resort, but my ticket is an annual pass? Does the ticket have to be a park hopper only?

Upvote 0

Invero

Re: Ok I have a question

Originally posted by freediverdude
I haven't heard this one answered about the e-nights yet, so I'll ask: What if I'm staying at a Disney resort, but my ticket is an annual pass? Does the ticket have to be a park hopper only?

All Disney says is a "Multi-Day" pass... I guess that would include Park Hoppers, Length of Stay passes, and Annual Passes... I mean, AP's are multi-day passes... :)

Upvote 0

freediverdude

Ok so it sounds like Disney wants to make sure that you didn't just buy a one-day one-park ticket, and have bought at least one night at their resorts before they will let you do that, which probably serves the purpose of stopping the e-ride nights from becoming "locals" night, where tons of orlando-area residents descend on the park for those nights and just buy one ticket, without really spending any other money there. I could see how if all you needed was a one-day ticket or pass without a resort room, it could quickly turn into a "local-teens-hanging-out-at-Disney-and-causing-problems-and-spreading-graffiti" night LOL.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by freediverdude

We have annual passes and they are eligible as a multi-day ticket. We just returned 7/1/02 and enjoyed both e-ride nights when we there last week

Upvote 0

pierce343

Account Suspended
I hate to say it but i went to the e-ride night on july 2nd and it was a total waste of my time. Some of the rides such as space mountain and thunder mountain were not working also they say they only sell a certain amount of tickets but the park was still packed and the rides each had 30-45 minute waits!!!

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by pierce343
I hate to say it but i went to the e-ride night on july 2nd and it was a total waste of my time. Some of the rides such as space mountain and thunder mountain were not working also they say they only sell a certain amount of tickets but the park was still packed and the rides each had 30-45 minute waits!!!

Well, as for the rides... That's kind of out of Disney's control. If a ride breaks down... then all they can do is try and fix it as quickly as possible.

As for the amount of Tickets that Disney will sell for an E-ride... I beleive the max number is around 1,800... (Although I could be mistaken). With that few amount of people allowed onto the rides, there shouldn't be lines as you describe.

During slow seasons when the park only has about 20,000 people in it, the lines still won't even be that long, except MAYBE for Splash Mt. and Space Mt.

If I recall correctly, the park was open for general admission until 11pm, and then E-Ride until 2:00am. It could be that the lines you saw were from general admission. Whoever was in line at 11:00 should still be allowed to ride that attraction, so perhaps on such a busy holiday night as that one, the walk on lines wouldn't happen until approx 11:30.

Upvote 0

freediverdude

July 2nd

Wow! 2 am?? No wonder that person saw lines until 11-11:30! If most e-ride nights are that late during the summer, I don't know if I could stay awake long enough to ride Space Mountain! Usually by 11 or 12 I'm wanting to go back to the hotel and flop! :lol:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by BoBa BoI
is e-ride nites available for other parks? if so, can yooh post similar information?

E-Ride is only available at the Magic Kingdom BoBa Boi.

Originally posted by freeriverdude
Wow! 2 am?? No wonder that person saw lines until 11-11:30! If most e-ride nights are that late during the summer, I don't know if I could stay awake long enough to ride Space Mountain! Usually by 11 or 12 I'm wanting to go back to the hotel and flop!

You could never have lasted in the old days when Magic Kingdom was open every night until 1:00 AM. We would finish our days there every trip. All the major and minor rides would be walk-ons. Oh for the days when Disney was open til 1:00 AM again. And then they started cutting back hours until 12:00, then 11:00 and now 10:00. If you're lucky enough, you can catch an 11:00 PM day now and then but I still miss the old days.

Upvote 0

dmp223

Originally posted by Nansafan

Oh for the days when Disney was open til 1:00 AM again. And then they started cutting back hours until 12:00, then 11:00 and now 10:00. If you're lucky enough, you can catch an 11:00 PM day now and then but I still miss the old days.

You can say that again, those were definitely the days! (nights).

Miss 'em!
:cry:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom