Dwarfs mine train

dreynolds1982

It all depends on what your expectations are. It isn't meant to be a big e-Ticket. It is meant to be a fun family attraction and I think it accomplishes that quite well. We did it at night and enjoyed it. Was it worth the 45 minute wait (which was actually the shortest time I saw all day)? In my opinion, no, but few things are worth that much of a wait really.

The queue and ride are beautifully themed and the dark ride portion is pure eye-candy. I agree, it is quite short, but I guess WDI had limited space to work with here and to their credit, they crammed as much in that space as they could. The interactive elements in the queue were fun. We did it at night and I think it is probably more fun at night as the exterior lighting really added to the queue and ride.

The free swinging cart-cars are neat, though I didn't really notice that effect much until the end.

All-in-all it is a fun little ride. It won't blow you away, but it isn't meant to. Get a FP+ though if at all possible. We rode it at midnight this past Saturday and it was still a posted 60 min wait (again, only took 45 tho)!

Mouse_Trap

Family ride with little to no height restrictions is not the same as being a kiddie ride. There is a reason Snow White's Adventures had Scary added into the title.

I thought the added the word 'Scary' because some really young kiddies found it a little scary, not because anyone above the age of about 9 found it scary.....and people got confused because every single other attraction in FL is aimed at a pretty young age.

draybook

I don't know why some of you are surprised that people are expecting more out of SDMT than what they actually get. After all, it has been the focal point of at least one of their commercials aimed at bringing people in to see the new Fantasyland. Most people wouldn't expect a ride that's "meh" to have that spotlight on it. Just my two pennies on the topic.

DisneyGirl3820

I thought the added the word 'Scary' because some really young kiddies found it a little scary, not because anyone above the age of about 9 found it scary.....and people got confused because every single other attraction in FL is aimed at a pretty young age.

I thought they added the word "scary" because the ride is downright creepy for both kids AND adults :eek:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I rode it for the first time Saturday and it was exactly what I expected. I'm surprised that anyone expected more. Its in Fantasyland, sits on a relatively small footprint, and was planned as a family attraction. I actually enjoyed it for what it is.
Exactly.

I don't understand how anybody could expect anything else from it. You can take one look at the ride while you're there and see that it is very much a family coaster with a mild thrill element.

Isn't this the same crowd that longs for the Omnimover rides of the past that told stories and were enjoyable for everyone?! We should be thankful that Disney chose to build this ride the way they did instead of trying to appeal to one demographic.

lazyboy97o

Exactly.

I don't understand how anybody could expect anything else from it. You can take one look at the ride while you're there and see that it is very much a family coaster with a mild thrill element.

Isn't this the same crowd that longs for the Omnimover rides of the past that told stories and were enjoyable for everyone?! We should be thankful that Disney chose to build this ride the way they did instead of trying to appeal to one demographic.
The attraction's failures have nothing to do with its lack of thrills.

Goofyernmost

The attraction's failures have nothing to do with its lack of thrills.
I wish I could agree with you on that point, but, I cannot. It has everything to do with it. It has been labeled a "kiddy" coaster since it started to be built. It put back a lot of everything that people had been about as missing in recent Disney Designs. It gave us back detail and AA's and Disney music. What it didn't give people was the pant wetting thrills that the adrenaline junkies were craving. That would be all those that may say they want the old Disney back, but, really want them to change their mission and make it an expensive six flags. Disney is not listening and I hope that they never do. It's supposed to be for "family" entertainment and it does that with flying colors.

It was labeled in such a manner as to make it out to be uncool to even consider riding it because all the cool kids wouldn't be anywhere near it. It just plain wasn't anywhere near exciting enough to make the grade to some people (the most vocal people). It isn't barnstormer, which is an off the boiler plate kids coaster, in fact, if you had to compare it to anything it is much closer to BTMR and that is considered a good ride.

All this carrying on about E-tickets and how they are determined. I will tell you how I determine it. If it is popular and has lines and people love it, it is E-ticket. It is not determined by individuals it is determined by group satisfaction.

lazyboy97o

I wish I could agree with you on that point, but, I cannot. It has everything to do with it. It has been labeled a "kiddy" coaster since it started to be built. It put back a lot of everything that people had been about as missing in recent Disney Designs. It gave us back detail and AA's and Disney music. What it didn't give people was the pant wetting thrills that the adrenaline junkies were craving. That would be all those that may say they want the old Disney back, but, really want them to change their mission and make it an expensive six flags. Disney is not listening and I hope that they never do. It's supposed to be for "family" entertainment and it does that with flying colors.

It was labeled in such a manner as to make it out to be uncool to even consider riding it because all the cool kids wouldn't be anywhere near it. It just plain wasn't anywhere near exciting enough to make the grade to some people (the most vocal people). It isn't barnstormer, which is an off the boiler plate kids coaster, in fact, if you had to compare it to anything it is much closer to BTMR and that is considered a good ride.

All this carrying on about E-tickets and how they are determined. I will tell you how I determine it. If it is popular and has lines and people love it, it is E-ticket. It is not determined by individuals it is determined by group satisfaction.
It has landscape and rock, those are not really details. It has figures with limited movement and the same lousy flat, overly bright faces like Buzz Lightyear or Constance. It just doesn't do anything but go around in a circle.

Calling it a kiddie coaster is accurate and a legitimate response to Disney's false hype of the wildness that would be brought about from free swinging. The cars instead tend to just gentle roll into the turns and there is barely a hint of the promised free swinging.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

I wish I could "like" this 700,000 times.

MerlinTheGoat

Good but criminally short sums it up for me. It needed at least 2-3 more show scenes like the single one we got and the outside actually could use some more detail (particularly the night lighting package leaves much to be desires). A nice D ticket, as we were told it was.

I don't hold its lack of thrills against it personally. Thrills are not a prerequisite for an E ticket by any means and I never expected this ride to be thrilling from the beginning. But it needs more content. Had it received the extra track and show scenes Lee and Martin have shown were originally in the plan, I would have been fairly satisfied with the ride.

Little Green Men

It's too short? It's actually 2 minutes long which is a maybe 40 sec shorter than Snow White was. It's better than getting a new area only devoted to M & Gs like we were supposed to get. It's animatronics were rumored to have been cut back by insiders but they turned out more advanced than expected. I thought the coaster was just long enough. Maybe one more show scene would make it better but I'd take the one scene we have over two scenes with figures like in the old ride. It's definitely not Barnstormer 2.0, that has no props, this has a great show scene with great animatronics and the views during the ride are great as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom