Dwarfs mine train

Phonedave

Think of it as a replacement for the old Snow White dark ride. It IS better than that, although I don't understand why we couldn't keep the former.

A disappointment in terms of length, but it's a solid D ticket with a ton of theming and detail. It needed one more scene and the end seemed rushed, but it's the most ambitious attraction they've built in the last several years.

Disappointing? Maybe slightly, but I think people expect a bit too much and are too hard on it.

That was my complaint (if you want to call it one) - it is a very short ride. But then, how can you make it longer? You can't jam more track in that area, and you are not going to slow it down.

It is a great ride for what it is supposed to be - a small coaster for small children. I honestly have no great desire to ride it again unless the line is short - but then I am not a small child.

Maybe what throws people is that WDW is so good at hiding show buildings - HM looks like a mansion - but it is a huge building. Same for many other attractions. Maybe, despite being able to walk around the entire coaster, people thing "Nah, it must be bigger than that"

-dave

A W Reezy

I can only reiterate what others have said before me. I think folks put a little too much expectation into a ride designed for children. I know the 90+ minute wait times give off the vibe that you should be in for the ride of your life, but SDMT is still relatively new and popular, so a long wait is almost inevitable.

lazyboy97o

I can only reiterate what others have said before me. I think folks put a little too much expectation into a ride designed for children. I know the 90+ minute wait times give off the vibe that you should be in for the ride of your life, but SDMT is still relatively new and popular, so a long wait is almost inevitable.
Disneyland was intended to eschew rides that impress children and bore adults.

JIMINYCR

Well, there was a lot of hype prior to construction about the new fantastic swinging ride car that was going to thrill riders. Then it was posted that the car could be put into a non swinging version for those unable to handle the motion adding to peoples impression that it would be an intense coaster type. People were expecting more of a thrill than what they got. The long wait for the new and improved version added to everyones expectations and eventual let down. And yes, anything new has to be tried at least once so the lines continue to be lengthy.

Goofyernmost

It is a great ride for what it is supposed to be - a small coaster for small children. I honestly have no great desire to ride it again unless the line is short - but then I am not a small child.

-dave
I'd just make one correction to that statement. It is a small coaster for a family that may or may not consist of a small child. That's the way that Walt wanted his parks to be. If what it means to be an adult is that I cannot enjoy anything unless my heart is up in my throat, then screw this grownup garbage. It's more fun to be a kid.

See the above!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I'd just make one correction to that statement. It is a small coaster for a family that may or may not consist of a small child. That's the way that Walt wanted his parks to be. If what it means to be an adult is that I cannot enjoy anything unless my heart is up in my throat, then screw this grownup garbage. It's more fun to be a kid.

See the above!
It is SO much more fun to be a kid! I have an unhealthy obsession with The Little Mermaid and I don't care who judges me for it. My gf and I love going on all the Fantasyland dark rides every single visit, and we did SDMT three or four times on our last visit. Just because I'm not a teenager anymore doesn't mean I can't still believe in magic, at least when I'm at WDW.

lazyboy97o

Don't want to break it to some of you but FL is for children. Anyone with children ends up there for the longest amount of time, my kids still want to do Barnstormer and love the new Dumbo. They certainly want to go on the new mine train that wasn't open last time we were there.
Fantasyland as kiddie land is a recent idea. None of the original attractions were created with such narrow demographic aims.

lazyboy97o

I'm not sure about that. What wasn't a kiddie ride back in the day??? Many of the rides were just carnival rides. I can't think of one adult ride that was ever in FL??????
Family ride with little to no height restrictions is not the same as being a kiddie ride. There is a reason Snow White's Adventures had Scary added into the title.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom