Dwarfs mine train

Hockey89

Original Poster
First time rider a few weeks ago and I have to say I could not have been more disappointed....Short...Boring.... I would give it an f.....I guess I thought it would be more thrilling, but maybe it's just a little little kid ride...

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
My DW and myself enjoyed it, especially at night. Its no Beast, Manta, Dueling Dragons, or Expedition Everest with various levels of theming but those are just coasters... have lots of those around and are a dime a dozen. Not exactly immersive (Bird on a stick anyone when it works ? )

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It doesn't matter which thread you go to for 7 dwarves mine train... There's always a bunch of posts that complain about the ride. So why should this thread get more attention? Everyone's just going to repeat themselves on here.. You should just add your complaint post to one of these..

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/7-dwarfs-mine-train-was.884592/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/original-seven-dwarfs-mine-train.891720/#post-6377528
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/seven-dwarf-mine-train-needs-some-help.885420/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/7-dwarfs-cottage-scene-cant-see-it-during-the-day.885111/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/my-review-of-the-seven-dwarfs-mine-train.884734/

Because everyone wants their own soapbox to stand up on and beat their chest.

lilclerk

I think it was good that I went in with really poor expectations... it was more thrilling than I expected it to be. It was way too short, but hey, for a kiddie coaster it wasn't terrible by any means.
Of course, seeing the original track layouts on here is sad.

Chef Mickey

Think of it as a replacement for the old Snow White dark ride. It IS better than that, although I don't understand why we couldn't keep the former.

A disappointment in terms of length, but it's a solid D ticket with a ton of theming and detail. It needed one more scene and the end seemed rushed, but it's the most ambitious attraction they've built in the last several years.

Disappointing? Maybe slightly, but I think people expect a bit too much and are too hard on it.

FettFan

First time rider a few weeks ago and I have to say I could not have been more disappointed....Short...Boring.... I would give it an f.....I guess I thought it would be more thrilling, but maybe it's just a little little kid ride...

....and I would give you an F for not taking two seconds to pay attention to every single press release and construction update that Imagineering ever published.

FettFan

Think of it as a replacement for the old Snow White dark ride. It IS better than that, although I don't understand why we couldn't keep the former.

Because the Fantasyland Expansion was first and foremost planned as a glorified meet-and-greet area. The site of SDMT was originally supposed to be a joint area for Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty versions of "Enchanted Tales With Belle". You'd go into Cinderella's mansion, or Aurora's cottage, lots of special effects and then get your picture taken.
mkfl-expansion.jpg

Original blueprint, with Snow White's Scary Adventures still intact.

When they decided on a new coaster for the Seven Dwarfs, they decided "Hey, we still NEED that meet and greet area!" "Let's close Snow White because it will be represented by the Dwarfs. Besides Snow White is OLD and NOBODY likes stuff that's old!"
crowds001.jpg

As evidenced by Peter Pan's Flight.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

WOW, thanks for sharing the original plan. It would have been great.
I couldn't help but notice the Pixie Hollow area, which IMO is a much needed spot in MK (was very disappointed there only is a Tinkerbell meet and greet in the park :cry: )

leaf44

I'm just curious how bad the drops are on this ride. I hate drops, but can tolerate them if they are mild. I really want to try this ride but I want to be prepared :).

Chef Mickey

Because the Fantasyland Expansion was first and foremost planned as a glorified meet-and-greet area. The site of SDMT was originally supposed to be a joint area for Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty versions of "Enchanted Tales With Belle". You'd go into Cinderella's mansion, or Aurora's cottage, lots of special effects and then get your picture taken.
mkfl-expansion.jpg

Original blueprint, with Snow White's Scary Adventures still intact.

When they decided on a new coaster for the Seven Dwarfs, they decided "Hey, we still NEED that meet and greet area!" "Let's close Snow White because it will be represented by the Dwarfs. Besides Snow White is OLD and NOBODY likes stuff that's old!"
crowds001.jpg

As evidenced by Peter Pan's Flight.
I am just crying now. Thanks for the info.

Goofyernmost

I am just crying now. Thanks for the info.
There is no sense in getting upset about previous plans because there are probably 50 others out there and many of them might be better. Speculative plans are just that... speculative! That doesn't mean that they were ever going to get built or that even the designer thought they might. It's a "run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes" kind of thing. There is not even the slightest chance that that particular set of plans were ever going to see the light of day. It ended up being just about right for it's purpose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom