DVC Website

DisneyDebRob

But the resorts are combined for total points in all the records I see so if they move one they'd adjust for another. I think...
I think you are correct.
AKL is one of our home resorts and we prefer to stay in Jambo rather then Kidani. Just a bigger feel for us I guess but loved that it wasn’t “upcharged” in points . We have stayed at every DVC resort except for Riviera and probably won’t. Not my taste at all.
As for the preferred rooms at SSR, stay at congress park. Beautiful night time views of DS on your balcony at night and just a quick walk over. That place has got so much better then 10-15 years ago .

correcaminos

I think you are correct.
AKL is one of our home resorts and we prefer to stay in Jambo rather then Kidani. Just a bigger feel for us I guess but loved that it wasn’t “upcharged” in points . We have stayed at every DVC resort except for Riviera and probably won’t. Not my taste at all.
As for the preferred rooms at SSR, stay at congress park. Beautiful night time views of DS on your balcony at night and just a quick walk over. That place has got so much better then 10-15 years ago .
RR is left for me. My guys have SSR and will have VGF taken care of this summer. We spent a lot of time with a friend who had a room rented at RR. Oddly my then 13yo liked it more than I do. It's on our list to try but I see it more of a quick stay location for us.

SSR is definitely also up next but could be for a longer stay. I think my 14yo would prefer the Springs. I was in the 4xxx building and loved that location for what my kid would like. I requested Congress Park via TP and for the third time now this year no requests were sent in. I was very happy with the Springs though being close to the main pool and Paddock.

I was there before my kid was born and hated it. Definitely improved in the last 15+ years. I am glad I stayed in November.

We actually like the more quiet so prefer Kidani but both AKL are great. I only see combined points so I do think they are all the same. I could be wrong though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Am I the only one has has stayed in the majority of places 5+ times…many more than that? Is that not what you’re supposed to do with this thing?

if not…they LIED to me!!😡

WDWYankee15

Am I the only one has has stayed in the majority of places 5+ times…many more than that? Is that not what you’re supposed to do with this thing?

if not…they LIED to me!!😡
My family loves to stay at different places. If we could only stay at our home resorts we would be ok with that, but we do enjoy having different experiences. We often do split stays for longer trips for a change in scenery.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My family loves to stay at different places. If we could only stay at our home resorts we would be ok with that, but we do enjoy having different experiences. We often do split stays for longer trips for a change in scenery.
I just see a lot of comments that allude having to “buy in” at specific sites. I don’t think Helena was doing it here…but you see that thing with more and more frequency.

that’s just not the point of dvc…in my opinion. The flex was the entire point. Just a timeshare with way more guaranteed out of pocket at this point if that’s “the deal”

don’t need to plan 8 months in advance…I know where the Jersey shore is 🤪

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I just see a lot of comments that allude having to “buy in” at specific sites. I don’t think Helena was doing it here…but you see that thing with more and more frequency.

that’s just not the point only dvc…in my opinion. The flex was the entire point. Just a timeshare with way more guaranteed out of pocket at this point if that’s “the deal”

I completely agree that the flexibility to stay at different resorts was/is a big selling point, but at certain times of the year, you do need to plan at the 7 month mark. When we travel, we do not seem to have issues with staying where we want to, but we are also good with a 1 bedroom for the 2 of us.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I completely agree that the flexibility to stay at different resorts was/is a big selling point, but at certain times of the year, you do need to plan at the 7 month mark. When we travel, we do not seem to have issues with staying where we want to, but we are also good with a 1 bedroom for the 2 of us.
…granted. I just cringe when I see “my week/my place”…

there’s 52 mundane of those a year…if I can’t rotate…i would be even more cranky than normal.

correcaminos

that’s just not the point of dvc…in my opinion. The flex was the entire point. Just a timeshare with way more guaranteed out of pocket at this point if that’s “the deal”

We stay all over except I hated SSR for so long with such a passion I admit that I've only been in that resort twice now. My son never. Getting them to agree to VGF for a family stay was like pulling teeth. RR is a no go yet just because I have a legit fear of heights and needed to test the skyliner before agreeing to stay there. Thanks to school schedules and pandemic that was delayed until June 2021. So my 14yo has stayed multiple times in most resorts. He has favorites as do I.

I also have ones that aren't on my go to list any longer (BCV) but we do use our points to stay all over.

Issue comes in when you have a favorite and it gets hard to book. So you want that home resort advantage. Like OKW, I won't stay unless at HH. Just because I want to be close to the sauna for back issues. So I want my OKW contract. We also still do more 2 bedrooms for now but might opt for 1 bedrooms thanks to the murphy beds. So not all rooms work for us. We like choices yes, but sometimes a resort is almost impossible to get into if you are stuck on dates you can travel.

Many trips are scheduled a long time in advance. Others not so much. We move often at 7 months though. But with school schedules and activities I am limited on travel times. So for big trips I book early.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We stay all over except I hated SSR for so long with such a passion I admit that I've only been in that resort twice now. My son never. Getting them to agree to VGF for a family stay was like pulling teeth. RR is a no go yet just because I have a legit fear of heights and needed to test the skyliner before agreeing to stay there. Thanks to school schedules and pandemic that was delayed until June 2021. So my 14yo has stayed multiple times in most resorts. He has favorites as do I.

I also have ones that aren't on my go to list any longer (BCV) but we do use our points to stay all over.

Issue comes in when you have a favorite and it gets hard to book. So you want that home resort advantage. Like OKW, I won't stay unless at HH. Just because I want to be close to the sauna for back issues. So I want my OKW contract. We also still do more 2 bedrooms for now but might opt for 1 bedrooms thanks to the murphy beds. So not all rooms work for us. We like choices yes, but sometimes a resort is almost impossible to get into if you are stuck on dates you can travel.

Many trips are scheduled a long time in advance. Others not so much. We move often at 7 months though. But with school schedules and activities I am limited on travel times. So for big trips I book early.
…you got a lot of check marks there, Sister 😎

so as an anecdote…went on to the horrific website yesterday looking for June (which I’m not committed to AT ALL as long as they hold everyone hostage in the current “strategy”)…there’s DAKL available…nice and easy.
But it doesn’t excite me at all…they’re breaking me down…the family doesn’t care anymore…it’s stressful.

correcaminos

…you got a lot of check marks there, Sister 😎

so as an anecdote…went on to the horrific website yesterday looking for June (which I’m not committed to AT ALL as long as they hold everyone hostage in the current “strategy”)…there’s DAKL available…nice and easy.
But it doesn’t excite me at all…they’re breaking me down…the family doesn’t care anymore…it’s stressful.
I'm a mom of an active kid. For our dates in June at 7 months there wasn't full availability for a 2 bedroom which surprised me. Right now our dates have nothing for a 1 or 2 bedroom. But we won't do a 1 bedroom until they remove the horrid couches. But right now our dates in June best I see is 4 nights in a row standard view for a 1 bedroom (standard views are worthless to is). 1 bedroo, savanna are spotty all month. 2 bedroom savanna has 3. Not good enough.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm a mom of an active kid. For our dates in June at 7 months there wasn't full availability for a 2 bedroom which surprised me. Right now our dates have nothing for a 1 or 2 bedroom. But we won't do a 1 bedroom until they remove the horrid couches. But right now our dates in June best I see is 4 nights in a row standard view for a 1 bedroom (standard views are worthless to is). 1 bedroo, savanna are spotty all month. 2 bedroom savanna has 3. Not good enough.
As you pointed out…heavily studio weighted. Advantageous for both sides. I don’t need the kitchen or the laundry rooms…I have multiple of those in New Jersey

(crap! I gave away I live in New Jersey!)

anyway…we go when and where we can…I don’t do the tight windows thing…I’m lucky that way.

correcaminos

As you pointed out…heavily studio weighted. Advantageous for both sides. I don’t need the kitchen or the laundry rooms…I have multiple of those in New Jersey

(crap! I gave away I live in New Jersey!)

anyway…we go when and where we can…I don’t do the tight windows thing…I’m lucky that way.
I mostly just like the space. Studios are fine for me. I'll be doing one with my kid in March. But when there for 8 days I like to relax and enjoy the space. With the whole family asking someone to sleep on a couch for more than a couple nights is also not great. We can change more when all resorts move to Murphy beds.

I'll forgive you for living I'm NJ ;) I'm a Midwestern gal myself who works for a NYC company unofficially (for tax purposes at least it is so much easier to do self employed)

correcaminos

Fair! The runDisney registration is already paid for and I'm training, so might as well. I probably won't do much park-wise.
Admittedly I was all sour before my November trip and that one turned out amazing. To the point I'm considering adding on.... again. Though I should hold off until this summer and see after our next 2 trips before I do buy but I'm not always patient.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Admittedly I was all sour before my November trip and that one turned out amazing. To the point I'm considering adding on.... again. Though I should hold off until this summer and see after our next 2 trips before I do buy but I'm not always patient.
You mean right after the delta wave?

yeah…I think you might want to step away from the resell store so nobody gets hurt 😂

remember they had an awful capacity problem before this all started.
Might want to let the timeshares ride for just a tad longer till we see

correcaminos

You mean right after the delta wave?

yeah…I think you might want to step away from the resell store so nobody gets hurt 😂

remember they had an awful capacity problem before this all started.
Might want to let the timeshares ride for just a tad longer till we see
Yep, right after the Delta wave in Florida. Locally we weren't great but we weren't as bad as now.

It was busy though when I was there, which surprised me a little. However I have to give a ton of credit to both the Polynesian and SSR management for my stays. For Polynesian MDE was giving me a huge headache. Just wasn't loading and I couldn't see if a room was ready etc. I went to the front desk and the CM was amazing. The manager came over to help too (they couldn't fix, but dang they were great). Let me give a specific request for a room and they found one for me that was open right away.

SSR, I made a comment on a survey that I could hear the elevator bing reaaaaaaaly loud and I was a handful of rooms down from the elevator. The manager called me a few hours later and asked if I wanted to be moved! I declined and had a nice conversation with him and said I loved all the updates - though the bedding at PVB was a bit better. Nice people and taking care of guests.

See... this is why I struggle. The resorts were so nice. But yes, I should hang on. I don't need points. I can throw money elsewhere to Disney too ;) But really my stays at the rooms were top notch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom