DVC Questions

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Original Poster
My wife and I are looking at buying into DVC. I know the about the booking advantage at your home resort as opposed to one of the others. My question is, if we were to buy resale points into 2 or 3 different resorts would each of them be considered my home resort in relation to being able to book 11 months out?

My second question is, if we were to do our initial buy in through Disney for the AKV would we be able to purchase that on our Disney credit card?

If you have any other suggestions for buying DVC points please let me know too.

Thanks,
Kevin

mouselvrmom

Yes, if you were to buy points at two or three resorts, each of them would be considered your home resort with respect to the booking window, but only for the amount of points that you bought for that resort. ex, if you bought 150 at AKL and 200 at SSR, then at 11 months you would be able to book a vacation for either of those resorts, but only for 150 points at AKL and 200 points at SSR.

DisneyPirate85

We spent FOREVER deciding what to do, resell or Disney, we decided to go resell, just worked better for us. We were able to get a better rate then Disney plus was able to get the sellers points for 2006 and 2007! so get 2 extra great vacations in the World.:ROFLOL:plus paid less for the points!:sohappy:

brkgnews

Have you visited the DVC boards here on WDWMagic?
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81

Lots of good posts there (plus one or two flame wars thrown in for good measure). :lookaroun

Good luck with your decision. The best advice I can give is to look at it as objectively as possible when deciding if it's right for you. For me, it was (240 points at AKL). For others, it isn't. Either way, it's definitely worth looking into. Take the tour the next time you're in the world. Practically a zero-pressure event -- not one of those bullwhips and thumbscrews condo presentations or anything.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Have you visited the DVC boards here on WDWMagic?
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81

Lots of good posts there (plus one or two flame wars thrown in for good measure). :lookaroun

Good luck with your decision. The best advice I can give is to look at it as objectively as possible when deciding if it's right for you. For me, it was (240 points at AKL). For others, it isn't. Either way, it's definitely worth looking into. Take the tour the next time you're in the world. Practically a zero-pressure event -- not one of those bullwhips and thumbscrews condo presentations or anything.

I did go to the forum the other day but I couldn't find answers to these questions. I may have to go back and look for those flame wars though. They are usually a good read. :lol:

brkgnews

Oh -- you can put the buy-in on your disney card, provided you have a credit limit high enough. If nothing else you can put the down payment on it. Not only will you get whatever type of reward points your card gives, you can also SOMETIMES get special financing deals (0% interest, etc) on DVC-related purchases on Disney Visa.

As for the flame war, check out the "Does DVC make Sense?" thread, strarting around post #14 or so. :D

MinnieLee

We have been DVC members for 8 years and basically have no complaints at all. I believe that now you have to put 10% down and you can finance the balance for 10 years. You alsp have the option to pay it off as early as you want. If you use your disney credit card there is no interest for 6 months but then the interest rate kicks in. What you may want to consider if putting the down payment on your card and when that is paid off within the 6 months you can then make extra payments on your card to get your rewards. ({ you go into the DVC web sight to make additional payments) Then you are not tying up your credit limit and can pay what you are comfortable with. We have two home bases - BC and WL, Both are considered our home base (11 month rule applies for both and yearly dues are separate). We go twice a year so the $100 off annual pass is great! Hope you enjoy!:)

mickeypal1

We just purchased through disney and were able to put the down payment and closing costs on the Disney Visa (and got the points there too). Buying thru disney, we got the 160 we purchsed and another 160 bonus points that needed to be used the first year. I understand there are specials that run thru the end of Feb., but not sure of how long they actually go.

Also used the Doorway to Dreams store near Chicago (woodfield mall - schaumburg), very helpful and didn't need to use valuable vacation time taking the tour down there.

Phonedave

Count me as another one who put $10,000 of DVC points on their Disney Visa.

Put it on the card, paid it off the next month, got a boat load of Rewards Points. :D

And somthign I will mention again. If you know anybody who has the DVC allready, drop their name if you buy though Disney. Members get discounts/gift certificates if they refer enough people.

-dave

Disneyfalcon

Not to mention there's also buyer incentives for the buyer sometimes. Two people have pm'd me on this board to use my name and they've each got 160 developer points at the time of purchase.
So pm someone for their name and state if you're buying! :)

Cubs Brian

I can vouch for a really pleasant expierence at the Doorway To Dreams store at the Woodfield Mall. Very low pressure, in fact they didn't want us to make a desion there, but to go home and think about it over the weekend. We also got the 160 dev. points incentive and just used it last week for 6 nites at SS. Great room nice resort. In June we're at a 1bdrm on the concierge level at AK.Can't wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom