During Summer Brazilians are EVERYWHERE, annoying sometimes BUT always so beautiful!

MickeyPeace

I don't see haters on this thread. I see people being honest about a legitimate issue. If you don't mind their behavior, that's fine and well for you. But what about the people that do not like being subject to their behavior? Just because someone enjoys doing something doesn't make it appropriate or right. There are people who like to spray paint walls and vandalize cemeteries. Should we just say "Oh, the heck with it - They're just enjoying life."

People flat out used the word hate. Scroll back. I see a lot of people here making excuse after excuse for their hatred yet should someone give an example of what others could hate about them- even more excuses roll in!
Seems to be a pattern here. Hate then make excuses why others shouldn't judge and hate you.

Everyone who is about to express your hatred of Brazilian tour groups, take a good, hard look in the mirror.

MickeyPeace

This would have helped me to understand your methodology better. :wave:

You're right. I could have softened it by wording it that way. However, I am not concerned about offending the "feelings" of others when those people spew such hatred. I am not dealing with children here.

As a side note, the way that the Brazilian poster here was treated was disgusting.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
take a good, hard look in the mirror.
129127322322585632.jpg

alisonwonderlnd

I hesitated before posting in this thread but oh well...

I am a person who i think all friends...co workers..relatives etc..would describe as one if the least judgemental people they have yet to meet
HOWEVER
i will say i do not like rude, pushy crass peole
white, brown, pink striped...i dont care
but loudness to the point of spoiling others fun..thats a huge he#@ no
i think i undestand the point of the"phooey to brazillians" group.
i think the same would be felt if it were a large group of any one persons.i dont feel there wa s exactly racism that was meant nor felt
i feel we just all have such an emotional special tie to wdw that any type of something to intrude into it will be unliked

ddbowdoin

People flat out used the word hate. Scroll back. I see a lot of people here making excuse after excuse for their hatred yet should someone give an example of what others could hate about them- even more excuses roll in!
Seems to be a pattern here. Hate then make excuses why others shouldn't judge and hate you.

Everyone who is about to express your hatred of Brazilian tour groups, take a good, hard look in the mirror

ok, just looked... here is what I found.

1.) I enjoy every park in a respectful and quiet manner with my fiance.
2.) I don't cut anyone in line, nor do I send one friend or family member into the line then cut in "join them" up the front.
3.) I don't toss trash on the ground
4.) I don't use vulgarity, I speak three languages... just because you speak another language doesn't mean others around you don't know what you're saying

yeah, looked in the mirror... feels pretty good

draybook

Everyone who is about to express your hatred of Brazilian tour groups, take a good, hard look in the mirror.

2.) I don't cut anyone in line, nor do I send one friend or family member into the line then cut in "join them" up the front.
4.) I don't use vulgarity, I speak three languages... just because you speak another language doesn't mean others around you don't know what you're saying

This multiplied to the Nth degree. When we're in WDW, we behave ourselves.

#1-We put our trash in the proper containers. If one is full we will walk the extra 15 steps or so to find an empty one.

#2-We arrive for a parade roughly 45 minutes before it starts. If for some reason we aren't able to arrive until right before it begins, we hang out in the back and don't force our way into the front nor do we use our "inability to speak English" as an excuse to get in someones way.

#3-We don't stomp our feet and start chanting some team's motto in the middle of the Haunted Mansion queue.

#4-We don't skip people in line nor do we get as close as possible to the person in front of us as if we had an intimate relationship.

#5-We say excuse me when called for and sorry if we bump into folks. We also know that a walkway is much like a street. Each direction should be using roughly half of the walkway.

Now granted, some of these could apply to anyone, but I notice these things in greater numbers with Brazilian groups. Notice I didn't say Brazilian people, because people in general are a pain in the rump when in groups. Maybe I'm also tainted because being that I'm half-Mexican, it seems like a lot of Hispanics and Brazilians and other Spanish folks think I will let them get away with stuff because of our ethnic bond. Yeah, I don't think so.

ddbowdoin

This multiplied to the Nth degree. When we're in WDW, we behave ourselves.

#1-We put our trash in the proper containers. If one is full we will walk the extra 15 steps or so to find an empty one.

#2-We arrive for a parade roughly 45 minutes before it starts. If for some reason we aren't able to arrive until right before it begins, we hang out in the back and don't force our way into the front nor do we use our "inability to speak English" as an excuse to get in someones way.

#3-We don't stomp our feet and start chanting some team's motto in the middle of the Haunted Mansion queue.

#4-We don't skip people in line nor do we get as close as possible to the person in front of us as if we had an intimate relationship.

#5-We say excuse me when called for and sorry if we bump into folks. We also know that a walkway is much like a street. Each direction should be using roughly half of the walkway.

Now granted, some of these could apply to anyone, but I notice these things in greater numbers with Brazilian groups. Notice I didn't say Brazilian people, because people in general are a pain in the rump when in groups. Maybe I'm also tainted because being that I'm half-Mexican, it seems like a lot of Hispanics and Brazilians and other Spanish folks think I will let them get away with stuff because of our ethnic bond. Yeah, I don't think so.

I'm an American... born in Caracas, Venezuela... I'm not some neocon right winger. I am exactly 50 / 50 Hispanic and Irish descent. My parents also beat the living hell out of me if I acted up, hence... I never acted like a hooligan or made a scene... especially in a place like Disney

Crockett

Banned
I have to admit, Brazillian people are heads & shoulders above us Americans as far as looks go. Now behavior is an entirely different subject which we've beaten to death by now.

Behavior is key when in public, especially at a place such as Disney. I'd much rather be surrounded by a bunch of Americans on scooters complaining about their diabetes, than a group of some of the fitter, healthier, and more appealing Brazillian crowd.

Looks do not outweigh rude behavior in public.

captainkidd

Perfectly stated.

theyip1218

Braaaaaziiiiiil

I have been among the horde. My high school in Orlando was visited by a group of 200 hundred Brazilians in a tour group last March. I was chosen as tour guide of our school for them and still talk to quite a few of them to this day.

---------
To shed some light on the Brazilian Hordes for all you guys:

The average age of the girls and guys in these tour groups is 15.

To put it simply, the parents of Brazil give these trips to the kids as something kind of like a Sweet 16 Birthday Present. Alternatively, many kids elect to have their parents spend the money on big parties back home in Brazil instead of a trip like this.

A couple different companies runs tours in Orlando.

You can also go Brazilian watching at all the other parks and malls in Orlando.

The tour group that I gave a tour to actually went to Universal Orlando's Citywalk and rented out a whole club for the kids to party in on a Tuesday Night. This goes to show how much $$ the parks can bring in from these guys.

---------

They were nice an polite at my school. It really was an eye opening experience to see them out of their natural setting of a park, to say the least. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom