During Christmas?

disneydolphin

Original Poster
I might be going to DisneyLand Paris with my mom this Christmas and I was wondering how it is there at that time of the year?

Spocky

Originally posted by disneydolphin
I might be going to DisneyLand Paris with my mom this Christmas and I was wondering how it is there at that time of the year?

I've been to DLRP several times during the christmas period and i think it's fantastic. The atmosphere, the decoration, it's all wonderfull

disneydolphin

Original Poster
Re: Re: During Christmas?

Originally posted by Spocky

I've been to DLRP several times during the christmas period and i think it's fantastic. The atmosphere, the decoration, it's all wonderfull

So both the parks are open during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? And it also says that there is a Christmas ball, how does that work, is it just for resort guests?

stagestar

Christmas at DLP

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there Disneydolphin,

you definitely chose a perfect time for a visit to DLP as the christmas season is really magical at DLP.

What can you expect??

- a giant christmas tree on Town Square which is illuminated every night in a magical ceremony with Mickey, Santa Claus on his giant sleigh and a child from the audience (including a small firework over the castle)

- The Lights of Winter. Huge light decorations covering the whole Main Street

- nice christmas decorations in the Main Street Shops.

- Carollers in the Main Street (not confirmed for this year)

- A Christmas Parade with the soundtrack from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker suite and Santa Claus on a sleigh pulled by real, live reindeer

- Le Noel de Mickey - a christmas show in Fantasyland

- Mickey's Winter Wonderland, a great show with Mickey and friends including some ice skating

- a new christmas fireworks display every night (maybe about five minutes)

- a redecorated It's A Small World presenting festivities from around the world

- Belle's Christmas Village in Fantasyland (all new this year)

- christmas trees in all the hotels

- a chorus singing christmas traditionals in Studio 1 at the Studios

plus a lot of atmopshere...

Maybe you want to take a look at our website at http://www.dlp.info/ShowsAndParades/Xmas/Xmas.htm where we have a report from the last years and photos (sorry if you encounter problems with the link or the pages, we are undergoing some server changes right now).

And yes, both parks will be open on christmas day and all other days... you can find teh opening hours also on our site at http://www.dlp.info/HintsInfos/Opening.htm

Regarding the Christmas Ball: this is an hard ticket event taking place the first time ever this year. You can and should book your ticket in advance at the resort (just call the reservation hotline or your travel agent and ask them to add the tickets to your reservation) they are 25 € per person and get you into the park from 9.00 pm till 01.00 or 02.00 am (not sure when the park closes). There will be special decorations and entertainment and the opportunity to do the rides in Fantasyland and Discoveryland (not sure about the other lands but I assume that Frontierland is open too, just as Indy backwards in Adventureland may be - but this is still all not official as they are still working on the concept). The ball takes place on the 22nd of December.

If you are in the park on the 24th dont forget to make a dinner reservation together with your hotel reservation as all the restaurants are bussy serving guests from the hotels with reservations. Keep in mind that the park closes quiet early that night, so you may want to get a late dinner or even the dinner show in the Newport Bay Club for which you can buy tickets through the reservation hotline too.

Hope this helped,

Yours sincerely
Dirk

stagestar

New Year's Eve at DLRP

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

well New Year's Eve is still part of the Christmas Season - that means all the Christmas decorations, shows and events go on as in the days before, only the Christmas Market in the Disney Village closes earlier.

So what are the differences?

Just as on Christmas Eve all restaurants with table service are open in the evening only to guests with reservations (those in the hotels are reserved for the guests of the hotel) - as these reservations usually fly off the shelv you HAVE to get them well in advance (best bet: get it NOW). All the restaurant offer special multi course menus for this evening.

Inside the park all evening long there are special parties (usually a techno music style disco in the Videopolis, an open air disco with pop music in front of the castle, and some more laied back music dancing in the Country Cookout Barbecue), in addition live entertainment is springled all acorss the park and there is a special new year's eve dinner with dance available in the Hotel New York (open to non-hotel guests who reserve too) and in the Pavilion behind Star Tours (open for guests with reservations only).
The highlight is a special fireworks display at midnight above the castle with some more partying till 01.00 am afterwards.

The atmosphere inside the Disneyland Park is really great that night, combining high energy party in some sections with a more festive laied back style in others (the later one prevails in the hotels).

The Walt Disney Studios won't do any celebration, as they close way too early that night too, but the Disney Village will have a party too. Unlike in normal nights access to the Disney Village is only with special tickets for that night (the tickets are free for guests of the Disney Hotels). That party offers live concerts on several stages (the biggest one out doors), DJs and really youth oriented high energy partying with usually a small fireworks display (not confirmed for this year) at midnight (not on the usual Disney theme park scale!). While the crowd in the Disneyland Park is an great international mixture the Disney Village party mostly carters to th local (=French) youth from the surrounding area.

Hope this helped.

Yours sincerely
Dirk

Henning

Hi all!

I´m really jealous - everybody´s going for christmas or new year and I can´t...:brick:

I´ve never been there on christmas eve or new year but I have been there shortly before christmas several times. It´s the perfect time of year. The atmosphere in the park is perfect (I wrote a bit about it in the "hotel thread" above). Don´t miss the great fireplace in the Sequoia Lodge and the Buffalo Bill show (the show is a bit altered at christmas time featuring santa claus).

There will be a lot of fog (which is great at Phantom Manor - the DL Paris version of Haunted Mansion - but a bit disturbing if you can´t see the castle from time to time) and it might rain (even Disney can´t change the ******** european weather). But if you are really lucky it will snow and this place is really perfect.

Take some warm and rainproof clothes with you...waiting for a parade will make you freeze otherwise.

I haven´t been to DL Paris last christmas (because I went to the opening of the studios), but the year before they had:

- a tree lighting ceremony (at around 5 pm)
- and MSEP (at 8 pm)

There where christmas singers around Main Street all the time. And there were two shows:

- Mickey´s Winterwonderland (that one is the best)
- Noel of Mickey (or something like that - which I thought wasn´t that good).

Have a great vacation (I just came back from Florida where I had temps in the 90s - so I can´t believe christmas is so close).

-Henning

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom