Dumbo's Circus area discussion

Animaniac93-98

Not really.

Dinorama is cheap. There's really no debate on it.:shrug:

Its not really the fact that Dinorama is "cheap" it's that it's intentionally dirty, beat up and poorly maintained in design on top of begin cheaply built that makes it so offensive IMO. Walt or not, it isn't really something Disney should be proud of.

Dumbo's Circus adds on to an existing attraction to increase capacity and ads design elements to reflect the story it's based on. As long as it's not dirty looking, I'm fine with it.

Figment632

Its not really the fact that Dinorama is "cheap" it's that it's intentionally dirty, beat up and poorly maintained in design on top of begin cheaply built that makes it so offensive IMO. Walt or not, it isn't really something Disney should be proud of.

Dumbo's Circus adds on to an existing attraction to increase capacity and ads design elements to reflect the story it's based on. As long as it's not dirty looking, I'm fine with it.

Yea I don't care how well the Dinorama back story when you cancel a Huge E-Ticket coaster and replace it with this it is not a good thing!

DisneyLeo18

Hey, I agree.

Even if he was against cheap attractions, who's to say he wouldn't have thought of an idea like this himself or said "hey that sounds like a good idea let's do it". Either way unfortunately he is not around anymore and no one knows what he would think.

For the record I'm not a big fan of Dinorama, but I usually see the kids enjoying it so it doesn't bother me. Same for the boneyard or whatever its called.

Grizzly Hall 71

Just like scar i enjoy this section of ak a lot. Hey it's better than the fossil fun lab and dinosaur jumbille when it was there. That's something I don't miss. :p:wave:

RSoxNo1

:brick::hammer:

We got EE instead of this.

Joe was told DAK needed a roller coaster by Eisner (?) though.

When the park was built, Beastly Kingdom was the part that was most appealing to guests when surveryed.

When budgets got cut, Eisner made the decision to have half a Dinoland USA built instead of Beastly Kingdom for synergy purposes with the animated movie Dinosaur.

Beastly Kingdom was going to be part of an expansion to the park in around 2001-2002, originally it was going to be seen as a reaction to Islands of Adventure. Islands of Adventure wasn't the success that Disney feared (in terms of attendance). So the "response" that was planned was extended over a longer period of time. This put the time table for Beastly Kingdom in the 2008 time frame. Then Eisner and some other suits actually went over to Islands of Adventure and saw the Dueling Dragons. Members of Universal Creative were former Imagineers that worked on the Beastly Kingdom concept. Dueling Dragons is really the only remnant of Beastly Kingdom that stands today and outside of the queue it is a much less elaborate version of Dragon Tower - the centerpiece of Beastly Kingdom.

I'm somewhat surprised that the Excavator (the coaster meant for Dinoland) wasn't built instead of (or in addition to) Everest. But I view Everest as a concession on Joe Rohde/Disney's part that Beastly Kingdom will never be built.

_Scar

When the park was built, Beastly Kingdom was the part that was most appealing to guests when surveryed.

When budgets got cut, Eisner made the decision to have half a Dinoland USA built instead of Beastly Kingdom for synergy purposes with the animated movie Dinosaur.

Beastly Kingdom was going to be part of an expansion to the park in around 2001-2002, originally it was going to be seen as a reaction to Islands of Adventure. Islands of Adventure wasn't the success that Disney feared (in terms of attendance). So the "response" that was planned was extended over a longer period of time. This put the time table for Beastly Kingdom in the 2008 time frame. Then Eisner and some other suits actually went over to Islands of Adventure and saw the Dueling Dragons. Members of Universal Creative were former Imagineers that worked on the Beastly Kingdom concept. Dueling Dragons is really the only remnant of Beastly Kingdom that stands today and outside of the queue it is a much less elaborate version of Dragon Tower - the centerpiece of Beastly Kingdom.

I'm somewhat surprised that the Excavator (the coaster meant for Dinoland) wasn't built instead of (or in addition to) Everest. But I view Everest as a concession on Joe Rohde/Disney's part that Beastly Kingdom will never be built.

Totally off topic, kinda, BK would of been the perfect thing to counter Harry Potter if they wanted to. Still hope, and I saw in another thread you do too, IoA just whoops DAK's attendance. Maybe that will give them the slap in the face DAK needs.

On topic, I strongly dislike Eisner...

_Scar

EE has nothing to do with the canceling of the Excavator it is on the other side of park, we might have both today instead of the cheap Dinorama.

:brick:

Cheap. Keyword. Do you think if we really could of gotten the Excavator but instead we got a cheap subland, what does that tell you? The subland can be taken down in 72 hours! Do you really think if The Excavator was planned they wouldn't just take down Dinorama?

:brick:

DisneyParksFan1

Original Poster
Yes, Walt disliked attractions like this. That doesn't mean that Dumbo's circus will be like this. How did we get into this? Dumbo's circus will be nothing, NOTHING like Dinorama. Lol. It will actually have a nice story to it, theming, great, classic attractions, and nice greenery, etc. Dinorama, I will admit, I believe is the worst land in DAK, if not, the entire WDW property... It's basically carnival games and rides on asphalt. The only quality attraction that's somewhat worth going to in that place is Dinosaur. Other than that, the land sucks. I agree, if Walt was here he would not like this place and would quickly get rid of it. He always thought ahead, he always plussed attractions, refurbished lands, always had something new in store. Dinorama is something that was most likely done out of nowhere and something that will most likely, and hopefully go away sometime soon. We always have to remember there are somethings that aren't going to be perfect in this great Walt Disney World, in fact, in all Disney Parks. We have to try to make the best out of them and wait for that fateful day when they will finally get rid of them. This Dumbo's Circusland will be a great place, same with all the other minilands in the FYL expansion, Disney IS indeed going in the right direction except for some minor flaws, but as I said nothing is perfect, and let's hope they continue this as it will help them in the future.

_Scar

Dinorama isn't that bad.... if you should want anything from Dinorama it'd be its unqiue and complex storyline.

And Dinosaur as nothing to do with Dinorama whatsoever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom