Dumb guests doing dumb things.....

Hayley In Wonderland

I think the worst thing I've been experiencing since going to DLP lately is the queue situation. Many people like to slide past you in line, it's very common to see the old "the other part of our family is just right up there".

For parades a lot of people will try and just move right in front of you into your spot, even had someone ask me to move out of the way so they could see..

But for the most part I think DLP just has it's "quirks", I'm guessing most of it is cultural differences? (I'd like to hope so)
I love DLP, I hate the crowds at DLP.

I remember one time waiting to meet Alice and Hatter in her usual spot, I kept missing her and it was the last day of my trip so was determined and we were stood for about 20 minutes waiting, we were the only other people there other than another couple. As soon as she came out parents and children literally swarmed her. Parents were literally pushing their children and not queuing or caring about the fact that we'd been stood waiting to meet her. After the fifth parent tried to shove their child in front of me, Alice (obviously aware how long I'd been there) refused the next child and pulled me over and said "actually I think this young lady was next". It's so frustrating that people just don't care.

Hayley In Wonderland

Exact same thing happened to us at meet Mickey and when we blocked the queue jumpers path they always get aggressive so not worth it really, to top it off the Mcikey we got was awful so we’ve vowed never to do that again lol

Again, this happens often, we’d been in place right up against the railings in the hub to watch the fireworks for almost an hour and right before the show started, a family decided they were going to try and push in front of us, when they realised this wasn’t going to happen they stood right up against our backs trying to make us uncomfortable enough that we’d move, but no, I don’t give in easily to such people.
I got in a fight with someone once during the fireworks, him, his girlfriend and a couple of his friends pushed through and ended up next to us about 5 minutes before they were due to start. His girlfriend kept trying to push me out of the way but i stood my ground and just wouldnt move. The guy (who stunk of booze) tapped me on the shoulder and said something to me in French. I didn't understand him then he made a hand gesture at me which suggested I moved. I refused and he said "you push my girlfriend, move" I was like "no, she's pushing me, I was here first, learn some manners and if you wanted to be at the front, you should have got here earlier." He then flat out told me to move again, put his hands on my shoulders and shoved me backwards. I shouted at him and said how dare you put your hands on me, threatened to report him for assault, he realised he'd stepped to far and backed off, after some stern words from his girlfriend. Luckily my boyfriend didn't see it, otherwise I'm sure the guy would have come out a lot worse.

THE Monorail Lime

Original Poster
I got in a fight with someone once during the fireworks, him, his girlfriend and a couple of his friends pushed through and ended up next to us about 5 minutes before they were due to start. His girlfriend kept trying to push me out of the way but i stood my ground and just wouldnt move. The guy (who stunk of booze) tapped me on the shoulder and said something to me in French. I didn't understand him then he made a hand gesture at me which suggested I moved. I refused and he said "you push my girlfriend, move" I was like "no, she's pushing me, I was here first, learn some manners and if you wanted to be at the front, you should have got here earlier." He then flat out told me to move again, put his hands on my shoulders and shoved me backwards. I shouted at him and said how dare you put your hands on me, threatened to report him for assault, he realised he'd stepped to far and backed off, after some stern words from his girlfriend. Luckily my boyfriend didn't see it, otherwise I'm sure the guy would have come out a lot worse.

People are Aholes, I’m glad you didn’t get punched or anything

Patcheslee

I am a high school teacher and have been for 25 years. Cell phones are hugely significant deterrents to learning right now. Not only do phones too often detract students from what they should be doing in class, but they also inhibit development of basic social skills that would normally come from face-to-face interactions. And nothing aggravates me much more than park guests who have no idea where they are walking because they have their faces glued to their phones. You make an excellent point. Some young people make very good, mature decisions about when and how they use their phones. Phones are actually learning tools, in some cases. In terms of the big picture, however, the average student would be much better off without a cell phone, both socially and from an educational perspective..
Kids are issues Chromebooks in 3rd grade here. They are the bane of the school year. At least once a week I get a call DD8 was distracted by games on it.

Disney4family

Kids are issues Chromebooks in 3rd grade here. They are the bane of the school year. At least once a week I get a call DD8 was distracted by games on it.
All of our kids have them too. We're just getting them up now at the h.s. this year. I'm expected to use them as if they were life support.

I never liked our "BYO device" policy that the district had in place before. I didn't allow students to have their cell phones out during class. I was told, though, that the district wouldn't back me up if there was an issue.

My issue was kids on social media or google translate who just wanted a grade without having to learn. The district didn't care about that. It didn't gel with all the bragging of "technology in classrooms" on their school Twitter and Facebook accounts .

Hcalvert

All of our kids have them too. We're just getting them up now at the h.s. this year. I'm expected to use them as if they were life support.

I never liked our "BYO device" policy that the district had in place before. I didn't allow students to have their cell phones out during class. I was told, though, that the district wouldn't back me up if there was an issue.

My issue was kids on social media or google translate who just wanted a grade without having to learn. The district didn't care about that. It didn't gel with all the bragging of "technology in classrooms" on their school Twitter and Facebook accounts .

My school has openly said that students can have cell phones in school (not in their locker like before) but they cannot be seen or heard or we confiscate them. The problem is that they allow them to use the cell phones in the morning at breakfast and during lunch. Needless to say, they do not remember to put them away when they come to class. I confiscated one this week and the gave it to the administrator as required. The next day I am being accused of cracking the screen and the parent wants payment for a new phone. I was blindsided. Also, my district used to have one-to-one technology, but the kids were always leaving them somewhere or they were broken/stolen. So, we went to a class set of chromebooks in each classroom. This arrangement was okay, until kids starting ripping off keys and getting around firewalls to watch inappropriate sites or listen to music. We currently have over 200 chromebooks in our school out for repair from last year. One thing I keep hearing is that kids know how to use technology for their own purposes, but they do not know how to use it for educational purposes. I teach 8th grade in a combined 6-8 middle school (2 schools together for the last 2 years while their buildings are being renovated) with about 1200 students enrolled. 1200 hormonal pre-teens and teens in one building o_O:eek:.

MickeyCB

My theory (other then the water thing) is that it can be narrowed down to the entitlement thing. There no longer is concern about others besides ourselves. It has manifested itself in the actions of government and the public at large. I should not have to be concerned about anything, I'm special, people have to yield to me, I don't have to use common sense or do anything for myself. I certainly do not have to be concerned about others. I will just demand that the red sea part and then walk to the other side. I'm worth it.

It's certainly that way in traffic situations. I have never seen so many bone head moves as I have in the last few years. It can translate to so many things. Step in front of a stroller or ETV and get hit... the response is why can't they be more careful. Or if I open my car door into the path of an oncoming vehicle it's their fault that my drivers door is now in a separate county from the rest of my car. It's always someone elses job to be alert and care, but, only when it is about themselves not others.

I hope that we snap out of it as a society soon, but, I'm not really thinking it will in what is left of my lifetime.
I absolutely agree with you regarding the entitlement issue. Very few things bug me like observing entitled behavior. What I just don't understand is the arrogance of the behavior and their complete sense that the way they behave is acceptable in their world.

This did not occur in Disney but, I was making a LEFT hand turn into my driveway with my turn signal on and a "super cool" mom in an suv tried (no lie) to squeeze pass me on my left! My son who was just learning to drive yelled, "mom she's going to hit you"! I hit the brakes as she almost t-boned me on the left, I look at her and start saying some not so nice things, and she flutters her fingers at me, smiles and then drives on!. In addition to being furious, I was trying to envision the discussion she would go home and have with her spouse defending this crazy behavior. (Because you know she would think this craziness was perfectly fine for her to do).

One thing that did happen just this last trip to Disney in April, that almost had me throw up, was we were eating at Cosmic Ray's and I saw a mom have her baby's dirty diaper in her hand, walk up to the trash bin in the restaurant and look at the door to push to dispose of the diaper, change her mind and lay it on the trays on top of the trash can! And the crazy part of all that was I had just had a discussion with my husband about not laying his utensils etc. on the trays as they probably weren't too sanitary. I'm not normally too much of a germaphobe but he is getting chemo for colon ca and was only a week out so I was being particularly fussy (he would call it nagging-but whatever)!

And I am sorry to all the very cool and rational people on this site, but after reading all of the negative things here that fellow Disney goers experience, I have to tell you when something rude happens at Disney I think, "well, sadly I am not the only person to experience these rude behaviors"! (Misery loves company and all of that).

People who have their kids climb up on the tall walls or rocks in the parks to take pictures. The cast members ask them to get down, and either the parents ignore them, or get them down, and as soon as the cast member turns around, the kid is right back up there. I saw a little girl around 5 years old in a long princess dress standing on one of the pillars on the wall by Rupunzel's tower to have her picture taken. The pillar had to be a good 6 feet off of the ground, and no parent was even standing next to her --- they were at least 8 feet away, taking her picture and telling her to "dance".
As for entitlement... whatever happened to greeting someone before demanding to be served or asking a question? I really feel sorry for some of the people working there. They are talked to like they are less than the autoanimatronics within the rides.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
We were staying at the Boardwalk and I walked into the restroom next to the lobby and there was a man washing a pair of kids trousers that the child had obviously pooped in. The sink was filled with dirty, brown poop water and was overflowing ALL over the counter and the floor. The water was running full stream and the man continued plunging the small pants in and out of the water and scrubbing them with paper towels which he kept discarding onto the counter and floor as well. It was disgusting.

It seemed pointless because even if he succeeded in cleaning the pants they would be soaked and the kid would have to wear wet pants.

crxbrett

We were staying at the Boardwalk and I walked into the restroom next to the lobby and there was a man washing a pair of kids trousers that the child had obviously pooped in. The sink was filled with dirty, brown poop water and was overflowing ALL over the counter and the floor. The water was running full stream and the man continued plunging the small pants in and out of the water and scrubbing them with paper towels which he kept discarding onto the counter and floor as well. It was disgusting.

It seemed pointless because even if he succeeded in cleaning the pants they would be soaked and the kid would have to wear wet pants.

Holy cow. That is really bad and may be the single worst thing I've ever read about dumb or disgusting guest behavior.

ninjaprincesst

I had a fun run about a year ago on KS, when a lady stood up to take a picture. The driver said "Everyone needs to be seated." She did not. Then the driver said "We can't continue till everyone sits down." She still did not. I'd had it, so I yelled "LADY, SIDDOWN!!!" She did, and I got great looks from everyone else, as if they were all saying "Nice job!"
We were riding KS last year and this man kept standing up and holding his kid up to see, of course we kept having to stop while the driver asks everyone to sit down. Finally the driver stops and says " you are not Rafikki, your child is not Simba you don't need to present him to the safari".

Last edited:

FettFan

The first school district I worked at issued Chromebooks to all the students. They were allowed to take them home.
Needless to say.... 6th grade boys and Chromebooks is not a good idea because the little *angels* were going home and downloading triple-x-rated material, then using the school Google accounts to share with each other what they had downloaded by way of Google Forms and Google Sheets. They kept it all under wraps.... It was only discovered because one of the girls in the class saw that a boy was playing agar.io and had uploaded a hardcore picture as his icon.

We had to confiscate every laptop for about two weeks, in which they had to have the hard drives completely erased, programs reinstalled, tougher firewalls installed, phone calls were made to all the parents, and letters sent home.

And THAT is why I'm a firm believer that if any laptop computers are to be used at school, they need to stay in the classroom. The kids don't need to be taking them home where we have no control over the content.

disney4life2008

My severest pet peeve is when people have ample time to figure out what they want to order then get to the check out and ask for menus and starring at the board looking confused wasting another 10 minutes. Dumb!

People who decide to stop in the middle of walking so they can take a picture the get mad when i walk in the middle. Im not breaking my step. Dumb!

rcapolete

I remember years ago a guy was in the train. As it past Tomorrowland he decided he wanted to get off. Let's just say the conductor and security were none to happy.

spoole79

This past June, my wife and I were walking behind one of the bears (I forget which one) and a CM in front of the Country Bear Jamboree. Out of nowhere a man came running up from behind me and taps the bear on the shoulder from behind. The bear doesn't stop...The CM stops and tells this man "Sir, you can not walk up behind them and tap them on the shoulder. It startles them. If you want their attention for a picture, you have to walk up in front of them and ask for a picture." The man says back (obviously frustrated), "All I want is a picture!" The CM calmly says back, "Sir, if you want a picture, you have to approach him from the front and get his attention." The man yells back "AH F*** YOU!" and storms off. The CM turns back to him, waves and yells, "Thank you Sir. Have a magical day!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom