Dumb guests doing dumb things.....

Jedi Stitch

The level of stupidity is amazing. From my friends dad stumbling off the main street curb while looking up at the fire works, and his take is it not his fault they should have had striping to show the raised curb. My thoughts are, ummm....they don't do that on real streets, do you sue the city u=you live in for tripping on the curb? One of Sir Willows best of stupid guests who spent 2 hours wondering around SSE at EPCOT because he didn't notice the rest of the park behind it and asked Sir Willow if there was more besides the big golf ball thing. I can understand the CM that wants to go postal, because they have to say the exact same thing over a thousand times when they have to close or redirect guests around an incident, and each and every time they tell someone, the people right behind the people just told walk up as if they will get a different response. Best case in point at Disneyland My future Wife and I are there in '99. We were planning to go to Toontown, and to get to toontown you have to enter under the rail road tracks. Their was a bunch of CM blocking the entrance, but as usual a gue formed so we got into it, it stumble along, just to find out that you got to the CM and they were directing people away telling them "Toontown is closed, please return after 430, it will be open." I remember getting about 10 people back from the CM's I here one of them say loud enough to hear, and I tell my Wife to be, lets come back. I still remember a snarky lady as we left "What do you mean?" the CM "Toontown is ....." On that same trip, we were in line for Star Tours. In the main concourse area with the speeder and the big screen. The line drops down and then goes back back up by the speeder. Yep you guessed it. Some kid is on the banister, the parents just let him do willy neally and boom he falls over the edge and drops down on top of other guests below him. The DRAMA unfolded then.

Raineman

As a parent and someone who works in a trauma center, I'm always amazed and totally aggravated when I see parents totally ignoring the fact that their child is doing "gymnastics" all over the railings and swinging on the chains in the queues! All it takes is a slip and jr. falls and cracks his head/face open or breaks his/her arm! It takes all my patiences not to yell, "get down"! :cautious:
My DD was 10 the last time we were at WDW, and she liked to walk along the top of the short walls that they have around landscaped areas/flower beds/etc. We told her a few times not to do it, and, as with some kids, when they are excited, they tend not to listen as well. Well, the first time a CM saw her (it was on the short wall around the Mad Tea Party) and politely asked her not to walk on those walls, she never did it again. I thanked the CM before we kept walking.

Elfinko

Well, we've only been to WDW twice, so I have not had too many chances to run across bad behavior. If anything annoyed me, it was parents standing in food lines while having their kid(s) 'reserve' tables by just sitting at an otherwise empty table. Very frustrating when you have a tray of food and can't find a table because 10 of them are occupied by 1 single kid and their cell phone. I was half tempted to have my family sit down next to one of the kids and just eat there anyway, lol.

GrammieBee

There is a T shirt that says "I have to stop asking people how stupid can you get? Thay seem to be taking it as a challange."

Things actually seen over the years: A father hanging his young son by his ankles over the edge of the Grand Canyon so he could take a picture straight down, Or a family trapped on top of a picnic table because they had stopped feeding a very large swan who was most annoyed that they had stopped the free handout and chased them from the shore line to their refuge on top of the picnic table.Or the father who wanted to give his young daughter some bread and stand next to a black bear like she was feeding it, so he could take a picture. A bunch of us managed to talk him out of that one.

So, stupidity has always been with us. You just see it more at Disney due to increasingly more people, who forget to pack their brains, crowded into a smaller area. More people means more idiots. Plus there is the addition of alcoholic beverages.which some use to excess.

Last edited:

danyoung56

I can understand the CM that wants to go postal, because they have to say the exact same thing over a thousand times when they have to close or redirect guests around an incident...

I used to be the DJ at a large club in Ft. Worth, and I really loved it when people would ask almost nightly where the bathroom was. I'd smile sweetly and say "You see that giant blue neon sign that says MEN? It's right under that."

KBLovedDisney

I worked in a retail place that shall not be named, where we were required to be trained and do ear piercings. Well, a lot of teenagers or older customers that walked through the door asked me if they can get their ears pierced.

Ok, simple question. Right? Well, apparently to them I didn't have a clue as to where the ears are located on the body. So every single customer that asked for their ears to be pierced, immediately points to their ears when saying it.

Not exactly dumb and probably more of a motor response (maybe? I don't know honestly), but it still makes me giggle to this day.

Amos1784

The feeding the animals thing drives me crazy. Yes there are animals all over Disney and especially when you are eating outside, but if you do not feed them they eventually get it and leave. However last time we were at Geyser Point a Mom had her two kids probably ages 11-13ish not eating a bite out of any food that they got and feeding every fry to all the birds in the area causing them to swarm all over the place. Mom, decided not to care and not even look up from her phone for a good 20 minutes, while everyone else was eating in a flurry of birds. Not to mention how unhealthy and awful it is for the animal.

danyoung56

I had a fun run about a year ago on KS, when a lady stood up to take a picture. The driver said "Everyone needs to be seated." She did not. Then the driver said "We can't continue till everyone sits down." She still did not. I'd had it, so I yelled "LADY, SIDDOWN!!!" She did, and I got great looks from everyone else, as if they were all saying "Nice job!"

jaklgreen

As a parent and someone who works in a trauma center, I'm always amazed and totally aggravated when I see parents totally ignoring the fact that their child is doing "gymnastics" all over the railings and swinging on the chains in the queues! All it takes is a slip and jr. falls and cracks his head/face open or breaks his/her arm! It takes all my patiences not to yell, "get down"! :cautious:

That happened near us. My daughter(about 8 at the time) and I were at US and the boy next to us started swinging on the chain rope. So my daughter thought it looked fun and tried to swing too. I instantly told her to stop that because she would fall back and crack her head open. I know the other family heard me say it. Well less then a minute later the kid falls back and cracks his head open. Looked at my daughter with that Mom "I told you so" look.

NelleBelle

There is a T shirt that says "I have to stop asking people how stupid can you get? Thay seem to be taking it as a challange."

Thinngs actually seen over the years: A father hanging his young son by his ankles over the edge of the Grand Canyon so he could take a picture straight down, Or a family trapped on top of a picnic table because they had stopped feeding a very large swan who was most annoyed that they had stopped the free handout. Or the father who wanted to give his young daughter some bread and stand next to a black bear so he could take a picture.

So, stupidity has always been with us. You just see it more at Disney due to increasingly more people, who forget to pack their brains, crowded into a smaller area.. Plus there is the addition of alcoholic beverages.which some use to excess.
I have a co-worker who is fond of saying that "stupid breeds stupid and soon they will out-number those of us with brains." I hate to admit that I see it more and more with every trip I take to WDW :confused:

NelleBelle

My DD was 10 the last time we were at WDW, and she liked to walk along the top of the short walls that they have around landscaped areas/flower beds/etc. We told her a few times not to do it, and, as with some kids, when they are excited, they tend not to listen as well. Well, the first time a CM saw her (it was on the short wall around the Mad Tea Party) and politely asked her not to walk on those walls, she never did it again. I thanked the CM before we kept walking.
Yup! :) I have been known to use this as a warning/threat to my two DS (11 & 14). They usually are embarrassed enough at the thought a CM might see them that they usually stop whatever it is.
But in the case of swinging in the queue chains, etc, where I know serious harm could happen, if they didn't stop the first time, then they were physically stopped and and I discussed why it was so dangerous. yhen they've had to hold either my hand or DH's hand (which they hated--they don't do this now that they are older, thankfully)! This is just what works in our family.

AndyS2992

Just gonna leave these here courtesy of Disneyland Paris..
Bs1I0OQCUAAlIoU.jpg

DGTBkwJV0AAwCnA.jpg

6065bf83bf8675260dc93c89191d74fa-1441203357.jpg

CrwScRhXYAAqzTc.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Clearly a sign of widespread downfall in moral judgment and common sense when even the wildlife behaves in such fashion. The posted signs couldn't be any more straightforward when saying the pools are for registered guests only, and simple logic should have told them that defecating in the pool is highly inappropriate. I could easily blame the duck's parents in this scenario, but I think the bigger problem falls on the shoulders of society itself.

:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom