Dumb guests doing dumb things.....

KBLovedDisney

When we were walking through the Tangled bathrooms area, this one woman who went into the bathroom a few seconds behind me came out a couple of minutes later dressed up like Rapunzel. Not only was she dressed like her, but she decided it would be cool to stand on the fountain and have her friend take photos...

NelleBelle

When we were walking through the Tangled bathrooms area, this one woman who went into the bathroom a few seconds behind me came out a couple of minutes later dressed up like Rapunzel. Not only was she dressed like her, but she decided it would be cool to stand on the fountain and have her friend take photos...
I'm surprised she wasn't signing autographs or taking pics with other guests!

NelleBelle

As a non parent, I'm always amazed at the dumb parenting I see all the time. My favorite are parents who pay no attention to their kids or those dragging their obviously exhausted and half asleep toddlers back to the MK for EMH until 1am.
As a parent and someone who works in a trauma center, I'm always amazed and totally aggravated when I see parents totally ignoring the fact that their child is doing "gymnastics" all over the railings and swinging on the chains in the queues! All it takes is a slip and jr. falls and cracks his head/face open or breaks his/her arm! It takes all my patiences not to yell, "get down"! :cautious:

KraftServices

As a parent and someone who works in a trauma center, I'm always amazed and totally aggravated when I see parents totally ignoring the fact that their child is doing "gymnastics" all over the railings and swinging on the chains in the queues! All it takes is a slip and jr. falls and cracks his head/face open or breaks his/her arm! It takes all my patiences not to yell, "get down"! :cautious:

And then when their dumb kid cracks their skull open, they sue the park!

The only dumb guest stuff I can think of is the same stuff people do literally everywhere - suddenly stopping in a crowded area, ramming into people because obviously that will make the line go faster, climbing on stuff they shouldn't be. And it's weird, you'd expect some of these older people to know better.

Driver

This happen about twenty yrs. ago around that time there was a fountain in the seating area at The Land under the hot air balloons that are suspended from the ceiling. I was there having lunch with my wife and children when I noticed a child 3-4 yrs old leaning way into the fountain picking up coins. I don't blame the child for his actions I blame the dumb parents for letting him do this and not even attempting to stop him. He had amassed a significant pile of coins on the table, he was soaking wet. And all I kept thinking was if he fell in and got injured. I didn't stick around to see what they did with the coins.

THE Monorail Lime

Original Poster
This happen about twenty yrs. ago around that time there was a fountain in the seating area at The Land under the hot air balloons that are suspended from the ceiling. I was there having lunch with my wife and children when I noticed a child 3-4 yrs old leaning way into the fountain picking up coins. I don't blame the child for his actions I blame the dumb parents for letting him do this and not even attempting to stop him. He had amassed a significant pile of coins on the table, he was soaking wet. And all I kept thinking was if he fell in and got injured. I didn't stick around to see what they did with the coins.
Well I can Amit to once doing this for a quarter because I was to scared to ask the girl...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Having lived near the central Florida scene since 2005, we have noticed an astonishing increase in bad or idiotic guest behavior since we moved here. I know you were kidding about the chemical in the water thing, but it really is a puzzle as to why it seems to get worse over the years, when people are still people, and common sense is still just that. You can't point fingers at American values alone, because I've noticed stupidity surging in all nationalities that visit the parks. It is a mystery, and a frustratingly noticeable trend.
It's called "Theme Park IQ Drop," and is a valid, recognized phenomenon. It's where a guest's IQ drops in direct proportion to how much money they spent to get into the park.

graphite1326

Sorry it was our first trip there and we ran out of money. I bribed some kid there to get the money and I would be the look out. We split it 50/50.

andy773

I was at the Oasis Pool at the Polynesian a few weeks ago. A couple ducks started swimming in the pool. Some kids were sort of following them around when one of them noticed that the ducks were pooping. I got out of the pool and was drying off when one little boy about 10 starts really trying to catch the ducks. The ducks get out of the pool and are waddling away when the little boy jumps out of the pool and tries to kick the ducks! I yelled at him “Hey!! Don’t kick those ducks!” and he slipped back into the pool. The parents looked at me sort of befuddled. I looked at them, rolled my eyes and left.

THE Monorail Lime

Original Poster
Clearly a sign of widespread downfall in moral judgment and common sense when even the wildlife behaves in such fashion. The posted signs couldn't be any more straightforward when saying the pools are for registered guests only, and simple logic should have told them that defecating in the pool is highly inappropriate. I could easily blame the duck's parents in this scenario, but I think the bigger problem falls on the shoulders of society itself.
Yes it's totally the ducks falt!

Tony the Tigger

In August, I was waiting for a friendship boat in the rain at the boardwalk. I started to hear shouting and a kid screaming, so I turned around and saw that a man was holding his 10-12 year old son upside down by the ankles over the railing of the boardwalk, right over the water. After about 15 seconds the man pulled his son back over and the whole family had a great laugh about it. Sometimes I really wonder what’s going through peoples’ heads.

Impossible. Michael Jackson has been dead for years.

Jedi Stitch

Clearly a sign of widespread downfall in moral judgment and common sense when even the wildlife behaves in such fashion. The posted signs couldn't be any more straightforward when saying the pools are for registered guests only, and simple logic should have told them that defecating in the pool is highly inappropriate. I could easily blame the duck's parents in this scenario, but I think the bigger problem falls on the shoulders of society itself.
Duck Tales who hoo

Jedi Stitch

Over the weekend I was chatting with my friend and he was at Disneyland this summer. He said his dad was with them, and they were on main street watching the fire works. I probably should have asked questions, but he was a friend so I didn't give the ninth degree. He said his dad decided ti try to get better view as he was looking up and stumbled off the curb. He said a CM was next to him pushed him back up but he fell backwards. He said his dad wanted to sue. I told my friend that there are a lot of people who trip will watching the fire works. I don't know the who details or the whole story here, but I did say he can find great info about lawsuits against Disney and why. He also can, find out a lot have been tossed out, on the "I was looking up at the fire works, and then..." base.

cjack300zx

I was sitting in the theater for it's tough to be a bug, with the show getting ready to start I shocking realized I didn't have 3D glasses! I stood up and said " I don't have my 3D glasses " at that point a very polite person pointed out that the glasses were on top of my head.

Mama says that stupid is as stupid does

NiarrNDisney

Exactly! I watched I'm guessing a 4 year old girl swinging around on the railings in the Back Lot Tour queue while her parents just talked as the CM said please don't allow your children to play on the railings and props. Not minutes later she slips backwards and cracks her head open on the cement wall next to the railing. Parents of course are freaking out, kid is screaming her head off, other guest are stunned while blood is seeping down her back and I'm standing with my group thinking hmmm this situation could have been averted.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom