Dueling Dragons and Beastly Kingdom: A Connection? (Dreamfinder Campaign update too!)

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I just realized something. In the Animal Kingdom logo, it has a dragon. Rember the thread on Dueling Dragons originally planned to be in Disney... think...

Dragon in logo, Dragon Coasters with hints of Dinsey on them... connection?

What if it was true that the two dragon coasters or even one was meant for AK. To go into the mystical section of the park, Beastly Kingdom? Maybe I just solved another one, like I did with JII and its remains.

Oh and just a update for the Dreamfinder Campaign enthusiasts, I am scheduling a meeting with the imagineer at Disney who works with Disney and consults with them about JII. Sorry about the site but I went over bandwidth and I have to pay to get it back up, I should have it up by next week. Thanks again!

Jedimaster1227

tnemgif

Awesome...but I don't know if Dueling Dragons is a "Disney type" coaster. I don't know but that is my thought. And not to be a pain but could someone fill me in on the JII story. If it's long just tell me to do a forum search and ignore me.

peter11435

jedimaster1227 said:
I just realized something. In the Animal Kingdom logo, it has a dragon. Rember the thread on Dueling Dragons originally planned to be in Disney... think...

Dragon in logo, Dragon Coasters with hints of Dinsey on them... connection?

What if it was true that the two dragon coasters or even one was meant for AK. To go into the mystical section of the park, Beastly Kingdom? Maybe I just solved another one, like I did with JII and its remains.

Oh and just a update for the Dreamfinder Campaign enthusiasts, I am scheduling a meeting with the imagineer at Disney who works with Disney and consults with them about JII. Sorry about the site but I went over bandwidth and I have to pay to get it back up, I should have it up by next week. Thanks again!

Jedimaster1227
No offense but everyone on here KNOWS that a dragon themed roller coaster was planned for beastly kingdom at AK. That is not the issue. It is a fact that Beastly Kingdom was designed for AK and included a Dragon themed roller coaster. What is debated is if DD is the roller coaster once designed for AK. And while some aspects of it may be similar, it IS NOT the same ride that was designed for AK.

Horizons1

jedimaster1227 said:
Maybe I just solved another one, like I did with JII and its remains.

No offense or nothing but Im just wondering, what exactly did you solve about JII and its remains. I thought we had pretty much found out what there was to find.

And as for the dragon coaster, peter11435 pretty much summed it up.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
For JII, I figured out with Marni and Grizz's help that Disney had a failsafe, keep Imageworks and several parts of JII in reach so that if the new ride was a flop, they had a way to bring back some aspects of the more popular original.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In theory, the old ride path could be reinstated (nothing structural was done) but I did here the `turntable` pit was filled in. The Imageworks is still mostly intact, with most of the exhibits still there.

wdwishes2005

while i doubt dueling dragons was meant for disney, i am wondering what is up with the dragon in the logo?.... a sign of things to come? i hope so.

Figments Friend

They really should consider re-opening the REAL Images Works if everything is pretty much still there.

They no doubt would need to spuce the place up a little...and no doubt feel a need to add or update the attractions up there to appeal to today's sophisticated audiences. That's fine as long as they don't tweak it TOO much.

Perhaps we will see a re-opening of some sort for Epcot's 25th Anniversary?

Now that would be neat....

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Now only if they would fullfill our dreams, anyways, when I speak to the imagineer at WDW, I am going to ask him the possibilities of certain things and how to have them done... I can't say much now but when I find out anything, I will tell you all,

Anyways the Dragon in the AK logo is as mysterious as to where our friend the Dreamfinder is now, in China, California, Heaven or Orlando?

Horizons1

jedimaster1227 said:
For JII, I figured out with Marni and Grizz's help that Disney had a failsafe, keep Imageworks and several parts of JII in reach so that if the new ride was a flop, they had a way to bring back some aspects of the more popular original.

Oh, ok. Thats good to hear.
P.S. Sorry about making a thread drift. :wave:

ron

well ... if you want to do the DD ride ... its just few kilometer away of disney ... in universal studio - island of aventure ... so its not so bad that we didnt got this ride in disney AK ... and I got the some opinion of many folks ... DD is not very a disney ride ...

thanks folks

Bagheera

To quote Paul Torrigino (Art Director on Dragon Tower), who did a great two-part story on Beastlie Kingdomme in general and the Dragon Tower attraction in particular (part 1 | part 2):

I don't what similarities there are between our Dragon Tower ride and the Islands of Adventure Dueling Dragons ride because I've never seen it. But I can tell you that there were definitely a few people (I won't say who) who worked closely with us who went over to Universal soon after our project got shelved. Either they were let go, or they left for a better offer. I have no idea if they used any of our concepts or not.

However, based on Paul's description of Dragon Tower and descriptions that I've heard of Dueling Dragons, aside from the fact that they're both based on dragon's, there's not much in common.

PeeplMoovr

So which is more likely:

1. Disney begins to airbrush the dragon out of future logos, changes the logo, and gets rid of the "Unicorn" parking lot (and most other mythical creature references)?

or

2. Disney begins realizing plans along the lines of Beastly Kingdom, including dragons and unicorns, to make sense of their logo and other mythical creature references?

or

3. Just leave things as they are and figure nobody really notices the Unicorn lot and Dragon in the logo anyway?

Number_6

jedimaster1227 said:
Anyways the Dragon in the AK logo is as mysterious as to where our friend the Dreamfinder is now, in China, California, Heaven or Orlando?

The dragon in the AK logo is not actually that mysterious. It's been covered in many discussions on the board here, but I'll give you the answer that was given previously. Back when AK first opened, they had the boats that went down the river from one side of the park to the other, much the way that the WDW Railroad goes from Main Street USA to Frontierland to Mickey's Toontown Fair and back to Main Street. Nobody seemed to be able to figure out that this was not a ride, but a more relaxing way to get across the park so they would spend hours in line waiting for a one way slow boat across the park and Disney got a ton of guest complaints because of it. Along the shore on one side, just under one of the bridges, was a cave. In that cave lives the dragon and you could see his fire breath come out of the cave as you passed by. Because of the way that the cave was situated, it cannot be seen from the existing paths in the park and so the dragon is effectively lost to guests at this time, but remains a part of the logo because Disney saw no need to alter it. It's still a nice logo. Hope that helps.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
GREAT Avatar Number 6! :lol:

The dragon on the logo kind of covered the whole 3rd part of AK; the Mythical and extinct. The Discovery Boats (?) passed the cave as they passed what would have been the BK area; a nice themed tie in. Apart from there was nothing else there.

Speaking of logos, remember the coaster backdrop in the early logo`s too??

peter11435

PeeplMoovr said:
So which is more likely:

1. Disney begins to airbrush the dragon out of future logos, changes the logo, and gets rid of the "Unicorn" parking lot (and most other mythical creature references)?

or

2. Disney begins realizing plans along the lines of Beastly Kingdom, including dragons and unicorns, to make sense of their logo and other mythical creature references?

or

3. Just leave things as they are and figure nobody really notices the Unicorn lot and Dragon in the logo anyway?
Three.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom