Dubailand vs WDW

pilka214

everytime i hear talk of dubailand i sit in a state of disbelief. it's such a massive project, they're trying to build up a Massive amount of dessert into a metropolis for tourism. but IMO i don't think it will ever meet the expectations of all involved. can a whole city function on theme parks. as morbid as it may sound i think the instant this place is opened some radical who hates westernization is going to attack the place. it's almost all american companies over there and i'm sure there are some people nearby who don't want to see any of this happening. i just guess i can't see this ever being a commercial success.

the ONLY reason i would ever go is if they had something that NO other park could offer to me.... if they have real dinosaurs i'll go, i mean full Jurrasic park dinosaurs.... i'll pay for a ticket to dubai then.

wickedsoccer22

To me, it just seems as if they're recreating Orlando in a larger scale. Some of the plans and "worlds" they have don't exactly seem like something I'd fly all the way out to Dubai for.

The places like, "Aviation World", "Giant World", "Sports City", "Golf World", "Sports World" (Different from Sports City), "Camp World", "Gardens World".

Pardon me, but most of those don't really seem like places a tourist would visit. They seem like they clumped together every recreational thing you can do, into a huge mega-complex. Unless they have some huge ticket deal where you can visit certain places all included in one ticket, I'm not sure how long all this will last.

It seems like Vegas and Orlando got smashed together.

People will go for the grand experience, the rich architecture, but will people go back? I'm not entirely sure.... Time will tell.

But if some stuff does turn out the way the concept art looks, it should be a spectacular place.

agent86

Never mind the economic collapse, the main reason Dubai will never be a commercial success is because it's in the middle of a war zone.

Middle of a war zone??? Let me guess...public school? :hammer:Dubai is located between Oman and Saudi Arabia. Exactly what "war" is it in the middle of? Or are you just assuming because it's in the Middle East that that MUST mean it's a war torn area? :brick:

bears163

i have also read articles on the trouble they are in...but just wait...i bet my life that once the economy starts to come back oil prices will be higher than ever (which there is an story on that on cnn.com this morning) & they will building everything they can in Dubai in a few years again. I really hope that does nto happen though

sarabi

First of all, thank you Agent86. I would've posted the same thing you said, but wasn't looking forward to getting into an argument. So thank you for taking that on. You are absolutely right.

Now, on to the topic at hand:

I would LOVE to go to Dubai and Dubailand. There's just a little problem for me and that is that WDW is sometimes affordable, whereas I don't foresee the flight, and hotel in Dubai being anywhere in the reasonable range for me anytime soon. Which is sad. I would really love to see that part of the world and Dubai just seems such a spectacle.

I do think they'll build it. If they can build manmade penninsulas out of the ocean in the shape of palm trees, then they can build an entertainment multiplex for sure. I think of the Pyramids of Egypt. Imagine what kind of project that was in its time... I'm sure there was doubt, but they were built too. Someday I wonder if these amazing projects will become modern marvels. I think they will.

The other problem with going to Dubailand for me is that it just isn't "home" and it can never be "home" the way WDW is. So even if I went, it would never take the place of WDW. I imagine Dubailand would be a tad exotic for me, a little out of my comfort zone, but amazing. But WDW is pure comfort for me. That's why the two just can't compete.

wedway71

You are showing your age thinking of that movie.:lol: It does seem like there could be some potential problems. It could be that these are isolated incidents. If not, then perhaps this venture will bring about some change. Who knows?

Got to love Turkish prisons:lookaroun

agent86

First of all, thank you Agent86. I would've posted the same thing you said, but wasn't looking forward to getting into an argument. So thank you for taking that on. You are absolutely right.

Thank YOU! It needed to be said. I think that ignorance and narrow-mindedness are frightening and dangerous things, especially in current times. The assumption that just because a country happens to be located in the Middle East, must mean that it's a "war torn area" or that it's citizens or government "hate Americans" is just incredibly ignorant in my opinion. I'm not interested in turning things into an argument either. However I think there's a responsibly that we have, as people, to put a stop to ignorance whenever possible.

Okay, getting down from soap box now. We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom