Drunks & Idiots all over Epcot 5/29

So anyway,

I went to Epcot this afternoon to relax and have fun. I got to the park about 4pm, and found a great parking spot right near the handicapped parking area. As I pull into the spot, a green Ford Mustang speeds by in front of me, slams on its breaks, and then trys backing into the spot that I just parked in....HELLO! I quickly turn my car back on and hit reverse....I moved over a few spots, as this woman was obviously BLIND! I got out of my car and gave her a glare...and SHE GAVE ME THE FINGER...how rude!

So anyway, I am realistic, so I know idiots visit WDW too.

I get into the park no problem, and head for UoE, but I just missed the show, so I grabbed a Mickey Premium Bar :slurp: and had a smoke in the designated area between UoE and MS. While I am smoking (right next to the trash can marked "smoking area..." a lady came up to me and told me there was no smoking allowed in the park....I was still a little fired up about the parking lot thing, so I just pointed at the trash can and turned my back to her. (This is not like me)

Well, a smoke and a snack later, it is almost time for UoE to load in, so I head back over and enjoy the ride.

Next I hit Test Track, which had a 80 minute wait for stand-by and a 20 minute wait for single rider. I enter the single rider line...I don't like to wait, but 20 minutes is reasonable, and I had not been on TT for over a year. A lady from the FP line stopped me and said she had an extra FP for 5:10, which was 1 minute away. I said "Thanks so much" and got on the ride within a few minutes. Afterwards, I checked out some of the cars. I don't know what the wall is in the car area, but my sister, who works for JMP on the GM account, said that they were designing something for TT. She did not really know what it was, she is not in that department. (It might juat be the car preview area that they do, as they design all of the GM pavilions at the Auto Shows)

Afterwards, I headed on over to The Land. The wait for LwtL was 35 minutes, so I went to the food court and grabbed a Butterfinger Cheesecake slice and a large Coke (major sweet tooth going on today, I must be having my male PMS) By the time I was done, the wait was down to about 15 minutes. I love te boat ride, but our tour guide was not very good. She did not have any energy or emotion in her voice, and she sounded like she was reading a script. Again, it was almost 7pm, so she was probably tired, but I have had much better guides before.

Next, I headed to WS, and grabbed a Moosehead in Canada (I love Moosehead) I wondered through Canada and watched the end of "Alberta Bound"

I went to have a smoke in the back of UK, but the Beatles band was baout to perform, so the area was packed.

So, I hit France, and watched the movie. So, 3 drunk idiot guys are sitting two rows in front of me, still enjoying their beers. Therest of their party was in my row about 5 seats to my right. The 3 guys would not shut-up during the movie, and as they were drunk, they were talking loud. So, one of them falls asleep, so, one of party in my row stands up, walks to the front of the theater, and takes a flash picture ofthe sleeping drunk, upsetting just about everyone in my area. Are these people really that stupid?

After that, I needed to get out of there, so I walked around the rest of WS and grabbed a churro in Mexico.

Right before Illuminations, I grabbed another Moosehead from Canada, and this drunk, heavy blond girl in front of me kept pointing at people as they walked by and telling her friends "see that girl, she is a ...see that other girl, she is a " Keep in mind, she is drunk, so she is almost yelling this. Not very appropriate

Oh well, it is a holiday weekend, I guess the stupid people must be in town this week.:D

Take care folks!

Kermit the Frog

Wow, it sucks that the park was infested with idiots that night. Times like that call for a video camera so the whole online world can laugh at them.

DopeyJas2004

It was good that you didn't really start any arguements with them because as we all know, when people are like that there is no talking it out with them it's either let it go or be prepared for an argument. :brick: hopefully they didn't ruin your time in epcot, I REALLY WISH I WAS THERE TODAY :( here i am though stuck all the way on long island oh well thats what this website is for :) and its only 6 months until' my disney cruise :D sorry off on a tangent lol sorry you had a bad experience.

Moustronaut

Hey Speck,

Write a letter to WDW about your experience around Canada.

A very similar thing happened to me a few months ago. Loud obnoxious drunk guests hanging around the Moosehead stand and disrupting the illuminations experience for the guests around them.

Wrote a letter to Disney how I was dissappointed that nothing was being done by the cast members in the area to stop them. I got a VERY appologetic phone call from a woman who said she was the manager of the Canada pavillion. I was sorta impressed by that since I didn't put my phone number in the letter.

But since this is one of the best places to watch Illuminations, I think the Epcot staff might need to do a better job of crowd control in this area.

Can't hurt to document it.

aimster

What I want to know is....

Were there any Wispa bars at the shop in the UK pavillion??? :lol: :animwink:

Speck, you're not the only one with an out of control sweet tooth. Mine is craving cadbury so bad it's ridiculous. But I'll wait another week until my friend gets back from London and brings the stash she promised me. Weeeeeeeeeee!!!

That sucks you ran into all those morons today though. Glad you didn't let it ruin your visit though.

And... Butterfinger cheesecake?!?! Oh man I better not tell my mom about that. She's a MAJOR Butterfinger nut!

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by aimster

Speck, you're not the only one with an out of control sweet tooth. Mine is craving cadbury so bad it's ridiculous. But I'll wait another week until my friend gets back from London and brings the stash she promised me. Weeeeeeeeeee!!!

That sucks you ran into all those morons today though. Glad you didn't let it ruin your visit though.

And... Butterfinger cheesecake?!?! Oh man I better not tell my mom about that. She's a MAJOR Butterfinger nut!

Steering even further off topic, but I got caught up on all the food talk! :lol:

I love butterfinger, and cheescake is my favorite dessert! I guess I'll need to visit the Land food court in a week!

Also, I heard Homer ask for a churro on an episode of the Simpsons, and I hear people mention them on here now too. What is a churro?!?!?! I presume some mexican thing - and I may just be stupid...but I've never heard of one! HA

barnum42

I would guess the drunks were installed at the UK pavilion to give it a more authentic atmosphere, but being rowdy obnoxious drunks they just got lost on their way to the kebab van.

ogryn

Originally posted by aimster

Cadbury's don't do Wispa Bars anymore...

.... they are called Dairy Milk Bubbly :D (Caramel Bars are Dairy Milk Caramel now as well)

BrerPete

Now I'm starving. Have you noticed that everytime you encountered a stressful situation you indulged in some type of food? Interesting.

Did the Butterfinger cheesecake have any caramel or some type of warm topping on it? Tell me? Tell me?

Erika

Originally posted by edwardtc
Steering even further off topic, but I got caught up on all the food talk! :lol:

I love butterfinger, and cheescake is my favorite dessert! I guess I'll need to visit the Land food court in a week!

Also, I heard Homer ask for a churro on an episode of the Simpsons, and I hear people mention them on here now too. What is a churro?!?!?! I presume some mexican thing - and I may just be stupid...but I've never heard of one! HA

Churros are gooooooooooood! And my husband has been making them here at home in the Fry-Daddy, so you can expect some fatter pictures of me in teh near future.

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/recipe_churros.htm

Erika

Originally posted by edwardtc
OHHHHH, so they look like Taco Bell's CinaSticks! Is that what they're like? Fried stars of dough with cinnamon?

Mmmmmmm........

MUCH better, and chewy on the inside :slurp:

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
To get back on topic, slightly, I don't really understand the fascination people have with getting drunk. I understand it even less when it comes to getting drunk at WDW. I can understand Disney wanting to provide a realistic view and feel of the different countries, but it bothers me that people don't have enough self control to avoid acting like idiots. Which is what they are!! IDIOTS!!! Control yourself, act like an adult, and don't spoil the experience for others. If you can't control your drinking, perhaps you shouldn't drink. Ya think?!!!

I'm glad that you were able to enjoy your day, even though you ran into some rude, ignorant, irresponsible people.

speck76

Original Poster
No Wispas Aimster....I looked to...I was one of only a few in the shop, and the CM asked me about 4 times "Can I help you sir?"...I was like...no, I'm fine.

I won't get in arguements in the parks, it is not the right place for it.

Either the UK did not have many drunks today, or it had so many they spilled over to Canada and France:D

Churro = fried stick about 18" long rolled in cinnamon and sugar.

Butterfinger Chesscake was a last minute thing, I was going to have the Turtle brownie.

Mickey Premium bar was also a last minute thing, I don't usually do ice cream.

Oh, and BrerPete....food is your friend:D

aimster

Originally posted by ogryn
Cadbury's don't do Wispa Bars anymore...

.... they are called Dairy Milk Bubbly :D (Caramel Bars are Dairy Milk Caramel now as well)

I know. I found that out a couple months ago when I went to the local Brit goods shop to make up a Cadbury goodie bag for a friend who is a major choco-holic as a "thank you" for being there for me (he's helped me through some rough times recently). Makes me mad because Wispas were my fave. Bubbly bars just aren't as good. I guess now my fave has to be Crunchie bars, with Dream bars being a close second. I do like those Dairy Milk with caramel though. And Royal Dark! I'm a chocolate snob. I only eat Cadbury or Ghiradelli. Hershey bars taste like wax in comparison.

Okay ummmmm.... we need to get back on topic here. Ummmm... Epcot. Yeah, okay. Epcot. :lookaroun

Tom

Beta Return
Getting drunk in WDW is especially stupid in the summer!

Beer is full of sodium and will dehydrate you REALLY fast. It is not a thirt quencher.

Being in WDW on a hot summer day, sweating a TON, and then drinking all beer - wow, simply ignorant....but what can we expect from people who would get drunk in WDW anyway.....

barnum42

Originally posted by HennieBogan1966
To get back on topic, slightly, I don't really understand the fascination people have with getting drunk.
Neither can I, but here in the UK it is seen as the thing to do. People think you have to get drunk and often violent to have had a good night out. This yob culture is also supported by the way alcohol (and now other products) is advertised.

Quite sad really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom