Drunks & Idiots all over Epcot 5/29

So anyway,

I went to Epcot this afternoon to relax and have fun. I got to the park about 4pm, and found a great parking spot right near the handicapped parking area. As I pull into the spot, a green Ford Mustang speeds by in front of me, slams on its breaks, and then trys backing into the spot that I just parked in....HELLO! I quickly turn my car back on and hit reverse....I moved over a few spots, as this woman was obviously BLIND! I got out of my car and gave her a glare...and SHE GAVE ME THE FINGER...how rude!

So anyway, I am realistic, so I know idiots visit WDW too.

I get into the park no problem, and head for UoE, but I just missed the show, so I grabbed a Mickey Premium Bar :slurp: and had a smoke in the designated area between UoE and MS. While I am smoking (right next to the trash can marked "smoking area..." a lady came up to me and told me there was no smoking allowed in the park....I was still a little fired up about the parking lot thing, so I just pointed at the trash can and turned my back to her. (This is not like me)

Well, a smoke and a snack later, it is almost time for UoE to load in, so I head back over and enjoy the ride.

Next I hit Test Track, which had a 80 minute wait for stand-by and a 20 minute wait for single rider. I enter the single rider line...I don't like to wait, but 20 minutes is reasonable, and I had not been on TT for over a year. A lady from the FP line stopped me and said she had an extra FP for 5:10, which was 1 minute away. I said "Thanks so much" and got on the ride within a few minutes. Afterwards, I checked out some of the cars. I don't know what the wall is in the car area, but my sister, who works for JMP on the GM account, said that they were designing something for TT. She did not really know what it was, she is not in that department. (It might juat be the car preview area that they do, as they design all of the GM pavilions at the Auto Shows)

Afterwards, I headed on over to The Land. The wait for LwtL was 35 minutes, so I went to the food court and grabbed a Butterfinger Cheesecake slice and a large Coke (major sweet tooth going on today, I must be having my male PMS) By the time I was done, the wait was down to about 15 minutes. I love te boat ride, but our tour guide was not very good. She did not have any energy or emotion in her voice, and she sounded like she was reading a script. Again, it was almost 7pm, so she was probably tired, but I have had much better guides before.

Next, I headed to WS, and grabbed a Moosehead in Canada (I love Moosehead) I wondered through Canada and watched the end of "Alberta Bound"

I went to have a smoke in the back of UK, but the Beatles band was baout to perform, so the area was packed.

So, I hit France, and watched the movie. So, 3 drunk idiot guys are sitting two rows in front of me, still enjoying their beers. Therest of their party was in my row about 5 seats to my right. The 3 guys would not shut-up during the movie, and as they were drunk, they were talking loud. So, one of them falls asleep, so, one of party in my row stands up, walks to the front of the theater, and takes a flash picture ofthe sleeping drunk, upsetting just about everyone in my area. Are these people really that stupid?

After that, I needed to get out of there, so I walked around the rest of WS and grabbed a churro in Mexico.

Right before Illuminations, I grabbed another Moosehead from Canada, and this drunk, heavy blond girl in front of me kept pointing at people as they walked by and telling her friends "see that girl, she is a ...see that other girl, she is a " Keep in mind, she is drunk, so she is almost yelling this. Not very appropriate

Oh well, it is a holiday weekend, I guess the stupid people must be in town this week.:D

Take care folks!

DisneyNme

On the subject of alcohol......I heard this from a friend of mine last night and thought he was (more than i really thought) insane .

Anyways, Every pavillion in the WS is owned by that specific country. AND since it is owned by that country, the drinking age for that country is used at that pavillion. I find this very hard to believe since were on US soil and the drinking age is 21.

I just couldnt see 16-18 year olds drinking in the germany pavillion, it just wouldnt be right!!!

please tell me this isnt true, can anybody gimmie some closure on this?? I have very high doubts that he is correct.

speck76

Original Poster
Your friend is incorrect. The legal limit in Florida is 21, regardless of who owns the property. The only time local laws do not apply is on Embassy property, which is not considered American soil. Epcot is not an Embassy.

barnum42

Slight drift, but related to the topic at hand.

There was a documentary on the BBC last night looking into the huge problem in the UK of binge drinking, showing the paramedics on a weekend spending most of their time dealing with alcohol poisoning, the hospitals dealing with said poisoning and the victims who have been beaten up by drunken mobs, plus the police having to round up violent drunks.

As one spokesman said, the done thing is to drink ten pints, eat a kebab / curry, get in a fight and fornicate. Not necessarily in that order.

Arrantly the way the authorities are going to combat this problem is to keep the pubs open longer :confused:

speck76

Original Poster
Originally posted by barnum42
Slight drift, but related to the topic at hand.

There was a documentary on the BBC last night looking into the huge problem in the UK of binge drinking, showing the paramedics on a weekend spending most of their time dealing with alcohol poisoning, the hospitals dealing with said poisoning and the victims who have been beaten up by drunken mobs, plus the police having to round up violent drunks.

As one spokesman said, the done thing is to drink ten pints, eat a kebab / curry, get in a fight and fornicate. Not necessarily in that order.

Arrantly the way the authorities are going to combat this problem is to keep the pubs open longer :confused:

Barnum...to continue your drift, have you ever seen the show "Body Hits", I think the BBC produces it, it is shown on TechTV stateside. The show is a pretty cool documentary, and shows such problems as weekend drug use and the like.

barnum42

Originally posted by speck76
Barnum...to continue your drift, have you ever seen the show "Body Hits", I think the BBC produces it, it is shown on TechTV stateside. The show is a pretty cool documentary, and shows such problems as weekend drug use and the like.
Can't say I have. I presume it is showing what an Ess Eitch One Tee hole this country is becoming.

I don't watch too much tv (spend too much time here :animwink: ) It was only because this documentary followed the news that I saw it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom