Drunkest Day at Disney

AndyS2992

Not something I find appealing in the slightest, a lot of attractions make me feel nauseous as it is these days as Iā€™ve gotten older. Not to be the fun sponge but getting smashed purposely at a family oriented place like Disney where there are lots of children around to witness your drunken shenanigans and itā€™s aftermath is pretty low. Know your limits people.

correcaminos

I haven't. We tend not to spend our money on alcohol much at Disney. We'd rather have drinks in our room relaxing at night or the like anyway. Not to say we don't drink - just rarely now and in the past probably not more than one or two a night.

Alice a

Been tipsy plenty of times- Journey into Imagination is much more enjoyable with a Moosehead under your belt- but never drunk.

Probably because, as I start edging over, we inevitably start trying experimental cocktails at the festival booths and most have been pretty awful; anyone remember the raspberry tea with cointreau? Blech. Went down like cough syrup.

Tony the Tigger

Last year, the first time we ever went for my birthday.

One of the things we love to do is stop at the Tune-In Lounge for a few.

My Doc had recently prescribed Gabapentin for my back pain (not a pain killer or opioid, doesnā€™t do anything to your head.)

Since we were going to be walking around all day, I made sure to take a dose before heading to HS.

By midway through the second drink I, my husband, and our fave bartender all realized I was pretty silly very early.

Turns out Gabapentin increases the effects of the alcohol. šŸ¤Ŗ

Runner up: karaoke at the Swolphin.

Runner up: tasting lunches at Epcot Food & Wine.

Frontierland's Finest

Went to a wedding after party at the Boardwalk. The newlyweds had an open bar in their Boardwalk Villa, so you could say I was literally on the floor at the end of the night. I also went to Jellyrolls and the (very crowded ;)) Atlantic Dance Hall. Honestly, I don't know how I survived that night.

ddbowdoin

Successfully completed the Epcot Drink Around the World with my wife and two friends. This DIDNT END WELL. Luckily we stayed at the Beach Club so we ended in england which left us with a short stumble home. It was fun and we had some good laughs. We made custom shirts, which I sold here on the forum years ago, and had CMā€™s sign each country with their version of ā€œcheersā€ in their native language. The downside, it ruined the next day with a proper hangover.

Wife and I made a solo trip this past October for a long weekend. We made the rounds of the monorail resorts one evening. Couple backscratchers at the Poly, a trip to the lounge at GF(name escapes me, behind the band), Finished at the Outer Rim. Wife shut it down after that so we didn't travel over to WL. Not hammered necessarily but definitely 'relaxed'.

donaldtoo

Never been drunk at WDW, and certainly never hammered. A decent buzz here and there, yes.
First, all of our trips (sans one for our 20th anniversary) have been family trips. Second, I want to enjoy, but, also, remember our trips. Third, itā€™s too damn :greedy::greedy::greedy:.
During the course of the entire day in the Parks, I will have anywhere from 1 to 3 beers. Hardly enough to feel, especially with all the walking-it-off.
The only time I ever splurge on a specialty drink is at our ā€˜Ohana ADRs. I always order 2 Lapu Lapus, and then end up finishing the last half of DWifeys 1. Again, a decent buzz.
On all trips I have always picked up some beer to have at the end of the day in the resort room from the Hess (now a Speedway, I think?) across from DS...no way am I gonnaā€™ pay šŸ’°Disney resort prices for a 6-pack of Bud...!!! ;):)

macefamily

Of course it happened at Epcot. We were at the 2017 Wine and Food Festival. We were partaking in food so we didn't get too bad. Started near the entrance and proceeded to the right through Canada and France. After a few recommended food and wine pairings, my daughter suggested we go to the Moroccon Bar. She said they made the strongest mixed drinks in any park. I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea and it was super strong. After I finished that I was a bit loopy.

grim-grinning_toast

This is a fun thread - I appreciate the wholesome answers.

During a Food & Wine festival, I drank way too fast at at least 7 vendors along the right entrance of World Showcase. By the time we got to Morocco, my husband was OVER it. Made me sit in the restaurant and drink water while he angrily ate baklava. That was the first and last time I ever even touched alcohol in Disney.

Phonedave

Do we have to count nights at Pleasure Island? If so, I'm in trouble.....

I think the only time I would consider myself drunk at WDW occurred during the closing of The Adventurer's Club. I was staying in SSR, and that was a very difficult walk back across the LBV golf course.

My wife and I did do a wine and cheese tasting at food and wine once, where there were issues (the MC was blathering on and on and certain cheeses were not quite up to temperature to taste yet) and it was taking forever. To keep everyone happy (we think) they poured the wine samples with a very heavy hand (and refilled them too). We were not what I would call drunk, but I would never have tried to operate a motor vehicle after that tasting. We had a wine and food Italian lunch scheduled in Via Napoli right after that wine and cheese tasting ended too (Via Napoli had normal sized tastings, and was at a much more appropriate pace)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom