Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

disney-springs_Full_55087.jpg

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Andrew25

Might have just been a drone with a camera attached to capture video footage of Disney Springs. Doubt this is anything entertainment related. There's like a dozen other better areas throughout WDW to test this kind of stuff.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Might have just been a drone with a camera attached to capture video footage of Disney Springs. Doubt this is anything entertainment related. There's like a dozen other better areas throughout WDW to test this kind of stuff.
That seems very unlikely. It was carrying a show light payload, not a camera, and flew circuits over the lake, and not over any parts of Disney Springs. It looks 100% entertainment related.

BrianLo

I'm certainly not opposed to drones appearing in any of their locations. Fantasmic, Happily Ever After and Luminous certainly don't need them - so I wouldn't want them overused on property. Separate shows like an electrical sky parade would obviously be nice.

But the biggest opportunity would be to use them for DAK in Rivers of Light 2.0, or what have you. It would be the secret sauce they were missing to make that arena and that show or an equivalent follow up have more of a punch.

DisneyDebRob

Disney / Saratoga Springs. Very curious that it is the same location as the previous show.

I remember viewing the very short span of the drones at DS. View it from Saratoga Springs and it was nice. I always wondered why they didn’t do more of it and many years later I’m still wondering. I think it would be a great addition to the Springs.. something for people to look at with their adult beverage by the water.

DisneyDebRob

I'm certainly not opposed to drones appearing in any of their locations. Fantasmic, Happily Ever After and Luminous certainly don't need them - so I wouldn't want them overused on property. Separate shows like an electrical sky parade would obviously be nice.

But the biggest opportunity would be to use them for DAK in Rivers of Light 2.0, or what have you. It would be the secret sauce they were missing to make that arena and that show or an equivalent follow up have more of a punch.
The only problem with that area is that the tree lines are high in all directions. For a drone show, mostly, you need a wide expanse of viewing off in the distance. Basically looking straight up detracts from the actual view. Would be amazing at DAK though.

BrianLo

The only problem with that area is that the tree lines are high in all directions. For a drone show, mostly, you need a wide expanse of viewing off in the distance. Basically looking straight up detracts from the actual view. Would be amazing at DAK though.

Ya I wasn't so much picturing the electrical light parade and more the substitution for the floating autonomous lanterns they could never quite figure out. More of a low lying drone effects hanging tight to the surface of the lagoon itself.

The beyond inevitable "at last I see the light" segment when the drones initially rise from boats on the lagoon. Whales jumping somewhat out of the waters surface, birds... etc.

Though since guests are sitting in the amphitheatre - it wouldn't be too bad to have them look high upwards at a few points in time.

jrhwdw

Is this out of the new Drone Office in Orlando?

I would like to see a Separate Show with Drones and Low Pyro (Not in AK of course) and shown more than once a night........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom