Driving?

goofntink

Working this morning, right now,hold on let me check.........58 steps from my truck to Main Street USA.:D :lol: :ROFLOL: And another 174 to Aloha Isle :slurp: ,but it ain't open yet.:cry:

Boray

Our drive from Madison, Wisconsin is 1326 miles. About 21 hours of driving time. Wish we could do it in one day, but that's just impossible without being totally tired by the time we'd get there (and I don't want to start out my vacation being tired!!!!) So, we break it into 2 days. I love the drive, especially since we go in October when the leaves are all changing. Kentucky and Tennessee are just beautiful. The kids love the drive (they get special treats along the way!!!) and I love the time we get together. No hassles at the airport (I don't like waiting for the plane, being cramped on the plane without a chance to say, "honey, please stop for a few minutes so I can stretch my legs.") Also, flying scares me. Besides, it's cheaper to drive (it's about 35% of the cost to get tickets and a rental car for my family) and I have more time than money right now!!!

It may seem like a long way to drive, but any way that I can get there is fine by me!!!:sohappy:

Kandi

If we drove from England to WDW to would be 4290 miles and it would take 61 hours to get there if we drove at the correct speed! No wonder we get a plane!!!

SWBFlorida

First post...long time reader...I thought I would put in my driving distance to Walt Disney World. I make this drive every year, sometimes two or three times. I drive from Boise, Idaho to Orlando, FL which is about 38 hours or 2667 miles. Last year I made it from Orlando back to Boise in 2 days...it was rough...I do not know what I was thinking :hammer:

drdoom1001

First post...long time reader...I thought I would put in my driving distance to Walt Disney World. I make this drive every year, sometimes two or three times. I drive from Boise, Idaho to Orlando, FL which is about 38 hours or 2667 miles. Last year I made it from Orlando back to Boise in 2 days...it was rough...I do not know what I was thinking :hammer:

Wow,that's impressive Orlando to Boise in 2 days!!! I once went from Miami to Sandusky,OH, to go to Cedar Point only stopping at Sea World to upgrade our Annual passes to platinum since we were going to go to Busch Gardens in VA.We made it in just over a day,it was pretty insane.So I can only imagine Orlando to Boise which is a little more than twice that drive in 2 days!!!

Sulu

About 14 hours from Jackson, TN. We leave after hubby gets off work at 3pm; stop for the night in Macon, GA. Get up and drive in the next day by lunch and hit the World! We leave June 8 for 9 days!!! Can't wait!:animwink:

orleans97

660 from lovely New Orleans....I usually drive a little longer to get to the evil number of the ..........lol..

Takes about 9-10 hours...I so look forward to that drive.

miles1

Well, according to Mapquest it's 1178 miles and 18 hours from my house to World Drive. I haven't driven since about 1986. That drive was in a Daytona Turbo Z with rock hard seats, rock hard suspension, and black leather that got hot enough to cause burns in the Florida sun. (At least my girlfriend was cool and comfortable). By the time we got there, I couldn't even feel the right side of my rump, and my left arm had second degree sunburn. Since I'm now 21 years older, I can't imagine doing it again, especially since we're now married....with children. We've flown just about every year since.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom