Driving from New York......

Todd L

I did it once and hated it. It was 15 years ago and With time the memories faded.

We began talking about Driving again and then we spent the weekend driving to northern Vermont for a wedding....Over 1000 miles in a couple of days!!

It wasnt so bad but here i am a day later and im still exhausted!.,

So what do tou do to make the long drive managable??

wdisneyw2000

We are leaving Sat morning for the drive from Central PA for our 7th trip since 2000 & we drive it every time. myself, DF, DS, DD's. i wish i was taking my other car(Ambulance) but the company won't let me take it, & i'm sure the state boys would not appreciate, red lights & sirens for the long drive, but man i'd get there faster ha ha:devilish::joyfull::p. but i enjoy the drive, we plan way ahead, cooler, snacks, DVD'S music you get the jist. For one much cheaper for us, we have the freedom of doing what we want along the way. Every stop once we are on 95 we switch drivers which makes it easier, less tiresome. Plus of course we have the back seat driver's(DD 6 & 3 & the new driver DS 8 mo.) we sleep at night & let them drive the rest of the way lol Just kidding. we usually drive to GA & then pull over take a few hours nap. The biggest thing is the cheapest way for us.

Upvote 0

rodmansju

Big fan of driving. with four kids of my own plus my nephew, airplanes are more trouble than they are worth. it's not fun hauling bags plus car seats, then hooking them up and all that fun stuff. it is much much more convenient to do the van. we go from staten island to savannah on day one (leaving like 2am when the kids will still sleep a few hours in the car). have plenty of entertainment for them too. the 2nd day is a shorter haul.

the only part that gets hard is going home--first, because we are leaving, second because it's two more evenly split days, as opposed to one long one and one short. but it works out, we will do it again in august.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Right on....My airfare this year from New york was $1100 for 4 people round trip. It would be AT LEAST that much to drive when you figure in gas, food, hotel, tolls and all that stuff.

Actually we drove straight through, from NJ, leaving around 8:00 at night and arrived at 12:00pm the next day! It cost us about $450 round trip. Just a thought

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom