driving behind the Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartodisney

No actually I know alot of people that use world drive to cut through tothe back behind MK. That's where the Disney U is,and where the monorails sleep. There is also a "Company D" store which sells outdated and all sorts of disney merchandise and discounted prices, Tho they don't advertise this, plus it's open to anyone.
:sohappy: Yes, I got to go to this place and one next to it that sold "lost and found items" that were never claimed with a friend who is a CM. She showed us all the buildings that housed christmas decorations, train workhouse, and all others. It was very neat. But, it did take away some of the "magic", so I am sure I will not visit out back next I return.

No actually I know alot of people that use world drive to cut through tothe back behind MK. That's where the Disney U is,and where the monorails sleep. There is also a "Company D" store which sells outdated and all sorts of disney merchandise and discounted prices, Tho they don't advertise this, plus it's open to anyone.

Actually thats Property Control (Lost and Found / Damaged Guest Merchandise) and Cast Connection (Discontinued Clearance Merchandise). They are both in the MK Cast Parking Lot. Company D (inside Disney University and at the other 3 parks) is another cast member store that sells Cast Exclusive merchandise like T-Shirts and Cast Only Pins. Also all three stores are restricted and you can't get in without Cast ID. I miss them alot! :cry:

heartodisney

Actually thats Property Control (Lost and Found / Damaged Guest Merchandise) and Cast Connection (Discontinued Clearance Merchandise). They are both in the MK Cast Parking Lot. Company D (inside Disney University and at the other 3 parks) is another cast member store that sells Cast Exclusive merchandise like T-Shirts and Cast Only Pins. Also all three stores are restricted and you can't get in without Cast ID. I miss them alot! :cry:
THANK YOU! I could not remmeber what the names were for them...yes..I miss them also...my friend that took me goes at least twice a week due to the turnover merchandise.

I take Reams Rd. to the back of MK all of the time (it's 10 min from my house), and if the road was that restricted, there wouldn't be police officers writing everyone (guests and cast members alike) speeding tickets there all of the time....

mastif

My mistake, I was able to bring my family to property control, but not cast connection. You get carded at the door at CC, but there's no security in PC

raven

BTW, to all you who are thinking of going back to see what is behind MK, don't bother, there is absolutely nothing of interest.

Wrong. Hit Reems Rd. and turn left, drive 2 miles to Independance and there's me! :D

Not true for Cast Connection anymore if you go early. Often when they open in the morning there is no one around at the gate to check IDs ( go twice a week). They always check in Property Control though. Company D will take visitors if there is a CM with them.

Rob562

Back in May of 08' I was on a resort bus heading to DAK and they took this way, maybe due to the Strongman thing or maybe that was just the way DTD Resorts go. Needless to say it was a unmagical experience seeing the sewage treatment plant.

I've heard of the occasional re-route due to WDW Marathon road closures or other out-of-the-ordinary events. But Guest-filled resort buses almost never use Bear Island Road.

-Rob

WishIwasThere

This is good to know. When we are going down in Sept, my wife will be in the last weeks of her training for a marathon. She needs to get 12 miles in on one of the days we are there. I am trying to find her a good route to run that has little traffic. She also doesn't want to run the 'walking / running' paths of the resorts four or five times. She likes changing it up. The loop around the back of the MK looks like about three miles from the CR to the GF.

DisneyHoneymoon

I found this great "alternate" driving pattern that I now use all the time on vacation. The traffic at DTD is out of control. So, when we stay at Port Orleans, we make RIGHT out of the driveway (not a left) onto Bonnet Creek Parkway, then go up to Vista Boulevard and make a right. Pass by Buena Vista Construction Company etc. and then head out towards 535 and avoid all that mess on DTD traffic out Hotel Plaza Boulevard and North Buena Vista Drive.:ROFLOL: It's an easy route to get out to Joe's Crab Shack for sure.

klineski96

Original Poster
Any sign of Pink Or Purple?

No... no sign of Pink or Purple. Tried to drive slowly and soak it all in, but at the time I was unsure if I was even allowed to be back there, so I looked around for a few seconds and then just kept moving.

ryno1982

I'm not buying the free parking thing. If you end up past the toll booth coming from Fort Wilderness, you're already past the turn into the parking lot. Coming back around the GF, you pass the Hess station and then you're back on World Drive. The turnaround to reenter is on the other side of the toll booth, so you'd need to pay. :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

ryno1982

hmmm.... I guess I'll check it out tomorrow, but last Christmas when I had to turn around to reenter the lot after being sent down a full row, I had to turn around past the palm tree median on the other side of the toll booth. Maybe since it was busy, they had it blocked off. Or I'm probably just an idiot. :shrug:

SirGoofy

I don't see how you can access the parklot after going behind the MK and then passing the GF - there is an opening there, but it has a gate...

Further up, past the Poly, and right near the Hess, is a turnaround into MK parking.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm not buying the free parking thing. If you end up past the toll booth coming from Fort Wilderness, you're already past the turn into the parking lot. Coming back around the GF, you pass the Hess station and then you're back on World Drive. The turnaround to reenter is on the other side of the toll booth, so you'd need to pay. :shrug:
Sorry, the "Return to MK" turnaround is after the Car Care Centre but before you pass the toll booths:

Attachments

• returntomk.JPG
    returntomk.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 54

Cruiser237

:sohappy: Yes, I got to go to this place and one next to it that sold "lost and found items" that were never claimed with a friend who is a CM. She showed us all the buildings that housed christmas decorations, train workhouse, and all others. It was very neat. But, it did take away some of the "magic", so I am sure I will not visit out back next I return.

Where exactly are the buildings that house the Christmas decorations behind the MK? Can anyone point it out on a map and post the link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom