Drive-In Miniature Golf Pictures

SleepingMonk

It took me a minute to find the workers in the one pic.

Those are huge pieces!

LOL, the "mini" golf is bigger than Beast's Castle.

:lol:

FLYbyNITE

Thanks for posting. Anyone have any idea as to when this might open? Will be there in August and it would be a nice change of pace.

Timekeeper

I'm a little bit surprised that they are (apparently) leaving this golf thing completely out in the open.

Sure, it's traditional for mini-golf to be an outdoor activity, but given Florida's unpredictable weather (extreme heat and heavy rain), it might have been nice to have this area somehow "covered" so that it could still operate as an alternate activity during inclement weather. :shrug:

For example: Mini golf venue struggles for summer profits amidst heat, rain http://www.mywesttexas.com/business/article_eb3ccc49-e848-5a26-81b4-b692f96ecdca.html

Oh well. Universal didn't ask me for my opinion.

images

:cry:

TalkingHead

Original Poster
I'm a little bit surprised that they are (apparently) leaving this golf thing completely out in the open.

Sure, it's traditional for mini-golf to be an outdoor activity, but given Florida's unpredictable weather (extreme heat and heavy rain), it might have been nice to have this area somehow "covered" so that it could still operate as an alternate activity during inclement weather. :shrug:

For example: Mini golf venue struggles for summer profits amidst heat, rain http://www.mywesttexas.com/business/article_eb3ccc49-e848-5a26-81b4-b692f96ecdca.html

Oh well. Universal didn't ask me for my opinion.

images

:cry:

Are the WDW mini-golf courses under cover? Seems like being out in the sun is one of the reasons it's fun to play. An awning would detract from that.

cheezbat

I was over there earlier this week...I'm really liking what I'm seeing. It looks different and fun! I love mini golf and look forward to Universal's offering!

Timekeeper

Are the WDW mini-golf courses under cover? Seems like being out in the sun is one of the reasons it's fun to play. An awning would detract from that.

No, the majority of mini golf locations (even the chain locations) are uncovered. But guess what, people generally don't play in the rain, and the prospect of playing out in the heat of the Florida sun - without an attraction or indoor queue to cool off in - can be quite a turn off. Not to mention the fact that games will probably take much longer when this course opens due to crowds and having to wait your turn. If Disney or Universal had an outdoor queue with a 2 hour wait, you'd complain if there was no awning.

I'm not suggesting a giant umbrella over the place... but it is possible to cover guests while retaining a great theme. Just look at the Forbidden Journey queue. I'm pretty sure that the guests in the greenhouse are glad that there's an "awning" when the Florida weather disagrees with them.

Timekeeper

How much will this cost? Knowing Uni Probably a fortune

I would hope that the pricing is at least competitive. There are plenty of mini golf locations throughout International Drive just a couple of minutes away, so after spanking guests with parking fees, I wouldn't pay more than fair market value for a putting experience (not to mention that you're voluntarily making yourself a victim to whatever things the rowdy kids on the walkway above decide to hurl down at you).

Some golfers have been known to have hot dogs thrown at them :lookaroun

disney fan 13

I would hope that the pricing is at least competitive. There are plenty of mini golf locations throughout International Drive just a couple of minutes away, so after spanking guests with parking fees, I wouldn't pay more than fair market value for a putting experience (not to mention that you're voluntarily making yourself a victim to whatever things the rowdy kids on the walkway above decide to hurl down at you).

Some golfers have been known to have hot dogs thrown at them :lookaroun

well from what i am seeing it will be a top of the line mini golf course. But 10 dollors is my limit

Timekeeper

well from what i am seeing it will be a top of the line mini golf course. But 10 dollors is my limit

Other than the set decor and theming, it doesn't look very "top of the line" to me. To the contrary, it looks quite flat and limited when compared to the more complex pirate-themed chain locations in the area, which seem to have a more "three dimensional" course presentation.

Skip

Kudos to Universal. They needed more kid entertainment at City Walk.

And more to do for extended stays in general. Right now Universal is a 4 day experience max - and that's largely if you've never seen the parks before. I could spend 4 days there since I'm a big fan, but the average vacation goer will run out of things to do after day 2 or 3. This, along with Blue Man Group, will do much good to flesh out Universal's offerings.

(Regarding kid entertainment, there have been some strong rumors lately indicating a major rehaul is int he works for the Studios KidZone area - possibly centering around one Spongebob Squarepants.)

Captain Chaos

And more to do for extended stays in general. Right now Universal is a 4 day experience max - and that's largely if you've never seen the parks before. I could spend 4 days there since I'm a big fan, but the average vacation goer will run out of things to do after day 2 or 3. This, along with Blue Man Group, will do much good to flesh out Universal's offerings.

(Regarding kid entertainment, there have been some strong rumors lately indicating a major rehaul is int he works for the Studios KidZone area - possibly centering around one Spongebob Squarepants.)

KidZone will be getting that major over haul... And it is needed.. One thing I have to say, Universal really doesn't have much for kids... I should say doesn't have enough for kids... I mean, how many of the kids today know Fievel?? At least they would know Spongebob...

As for the mini golf course, I'll give it a try... It is shaping up to look like it could be a lot of fun... We shall see...

cheezbat

I've heard the rumors about Kidzone too...but Spongebob? They get rid of Nick Studios and Jimmy Neutron and say their contract is up with them but now they're building a play area themed to another Nick character? I'm not too sure about that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom