Drinking bird in GMR Alien scene?

mef

Original Poster
My parents just got back from their trip yesterday, and as I was talking to my dad he mentioned that he saw a drinking bird (the things that bob their heads in and out of glasses of water) in the Alien part of GMR.

He said he saw it down to the right of the ride vehicle about where Ripley has her back against the wall. Ive been searching for any pics or video of this thing but havent seen it mentioned on here or through my google searches.

Anyone else seen this thing or is my old man crazy? :shrug:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'll have a look this week. Having dinner inside GMR, so I should have a good chance of getting a pic if I can find it.

Alektronic

If they let you take photos inside GMR, take plenty of photos of the Indy and monsters section on the left hand side ther are so many hidden items and funny ones also that are hard to see with show lighting. But if the lights are on there will be a lot of things that you never noticed before.

rct247

If they let you take photos inside GMR, take plenty of photos of the Indy and monsters section on the left hand side ther are so many hidden items and funny ones also that are hard to see with show lighting. But if the lights are on there will be a lot of things that you never noticed before.

One thing in the Indy scene, before you move to the next scene, above the "doorframe" into the next room, there is a snake coming out of a hole that just happens to be placed on the crotch of an Egyptian hieroglyphic. Now that is hilarious!

Rob562

Not the end-all source for info, but wikipedia says that two Drinking Birds could be seen in an early scene aboard the Nostromo in the original "Alien" movie... Sounds like WDI doing their research when designing the GMR...

-Rob

Captain Hank

Confirming that the bird is there. It is on the right side of the tram just after the windows looking out into the starfield, just below eye level IIRC. From what I've been told, the drinking bird, a set of wind chimes near it and a baby alien skin (visible just above and to the right of the archway as you enter the Nostromo corridor) are all actual props from the movie.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I didn't actually see it, but I took a ton of pictures - I'll have a closer look when I'm sober... :lookaroun

Captain Hank

If you don't have one, I think I might from when I did a GMR walk-through a few years back. It'd be on my other computer and it'll be a few days before I have time to fire it up.

njDizFan

Wow Monty, I am so jealous. Looks like a fabulous time you are having. As a big foodie and amateur sommelier, this would be a dream trip for me. I would be afraid to even ask how much this would cost:dazzle:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Wow Monty, I am so jealous. Looks like a fabulous time you are having. As a big foodie and amateur sommelier, this would be a dream trip for me. I would be afraid to even ask how much this would cost:dazzle:

It was originally $1,900/2,500/2,900 for event-only/per-person-double-occupancy/per-person-single-occupancy. They later reduced that by $300 for each. So, I paid $2,600 for three nights at Boardwalk and the event. It was worth every penny!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom