Drinking Around the World?

yensid67

My travel partner is thinking about doing the Drinking Around the World at Epcot! I am not a drinker, so this would be for her, but I would have to put the money out to go to the park as well! Has anyone done this RECENTLY!? Is it an official event at Epcot? I know there are shirts online you can buy. I see the Passport also...does Epcot offer this at ticket windows or Guest Services? I am assuming that if you drink in all 11 countries, this could take up most of the day!? Has anyone ever gotten drunk? Any tips on how to do this on our next trip!?
Also, we are planning 2 Days WDW...Animal and Magic Kingdoms...is it worth $82 MORE to go to 3 Day, plus the costs of the drinks...I am thinking it will become quite expensive just to DAtW and not worth the price tag! Thoughts!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This is really the whole point. I enjoy alcoholic beverages while at Disney and particularly appreciate a good single malt. I don't see anyone suggesting that there's a problem with doing so. Using some sort of ridiculous appeal the extreme (ie. "prohibition", or reference to certain moral ideals) is a cute way of justifying making a complete slob and disgrace of yourself in a place that we all know is frequented, has always been frequented by huge numbers of families with children. Still, there are places intended for this type of "good time", and they exist in great numbers everywhere. If you feel so compelled to get sloshed at a place with so much to offer so many, Disney World may not be the place for you after all. If you do wind up disgracing yourself at Epcot and put your BS on display in front of children, don't be surprised if at some point you find yourself being tossed into World Showcase Lagoon.

I can't imagine you've ever tossed anyone into the lagoon. I can't imagine you have ever even been involved in a physical confrontation, let alone won one, for that matter.

You want some free advice? Chill out. You are very mad online, and it's weird and off-putitng.

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I didn’t say a death spiral had started and it does not stop me from going. Disney has increased alcohol options in recent times for guests at Epcot for income purposes only and not for the guest experience. As long as people can handle their copious amounts of liver poison it doesn’t bother me; it’s tacky when those can’t handle it or go overboard and it’s cringeworthy for other guests to have to witness.. and intimidating for small children I should imagine.
Seems personal for you. Which I get. Maybe Epcot isn't the right spot for you. If you can't handle being around folks drinking. Ya know?

Upvote 0

OneofThree

I can't imagine you've ever tossed anyone into the lagoon. I can't imagine you have ever even been involved in a physical confrontation, let alone won one, for that matter.

You want some free advice? Chill out. You are very mad online, and it's weird and off-putitng.

I think it's sort of weird and off-putting that you presume to know so much about me -through an internet forum.

Upvote 0

WDWMPrincess

Wow this really blew up!

I can understand people's distaste for wild drunken revelry taking over but is this really the case now? To me as long as no one is impinging on the enjoyment of others have fun. My group has already ordered a pack of lanyards with cards, mini sharpies, and little cups with lids. We're planning to order two drinks in each country and split them among the six of us. That makes 1/3 of a drink in each of 11 countries over the course of probably around four to five hours. We will be carrying our water bottles and picking up assorted snacks to share along the way. We will definitely not be behaving poorly or bothering others.

Upvote 0

Nj4mwc

Those drinking around the world spend a lot of money. Disney likes money, if your family and kids arent spending as much, Disney values the drunks more. It's simple math

Upvote 0

WDWMPrincess

Those drinking around the world spend a lot of money. Disney likes money, if your family and kids arent spending as much, Disney values the drunks more. It's simple math

Pretty sure Disney knows exactly how to get EVERYONE to spend money in their parks. Late stage capitalism at its finest.

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This thread is wound way too tight about a drinking event. Drinking around the world is fun for those who enjoy food and drink. I’ve done it. It can be done responsibly.
Some people have personal experiences that make drinking distasteful to them. Rather then avoid places where drinking takes place, they get upset at the establishments and at those partaking. Not the tact I’d take, but to each their own.

Upvote 0

Cuzzi91

Drinking around the world is a fun experience however I would save the money and drink while your at animal kingdom. Animal kingdom has a few great spots including the dawar bar.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
There is no need for taking everything posted personally. Drinking alcohol in WDW (especially Epcot) does not equal alcoholism. Wishing that all adults behave responsibly while doing so because of all the children and non-imbibing adults present does not equal prohibition.

Having a personal opinion about whether having alcohol is good or bad is just that - an opinion. There is a middle ground, but it appears that we have people on either extreme arguing (and digging their heels in) that their POV is the only, or best, one.

Alcohol, in moderation, is a pleasant diversion, IMO. I enjoy tasting the different types offered at the F&W festival - but have never felt the need to try to sample all of them in one day. The fact that some of you are able to obtain the exact same drinks at home doesn't mean that it's true for everyone. The fact that some of you have been able to drink around the world without becoming sloppy drunk doesn't make it true for everyone. The fact that some of us have never been bothered by other people's drinking doesn't make it true for everyone - nor does the fact that we personally like or dislike it.

But painting all people who drink alcohol as bad or all people who do not as uptight prudes doesn't help move the discussion - nor does it present either "side" in a good light.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom