Drinking Around The World

elcodfish

big group

Last time we did this there were like 6 of us so we would get 2-3 different drinks in each country and share. You get to try a lot while still being able to walk a straight line...

JCtheparrothead

This has been an event that we hold every year for our family members that join us at Disney. We start in Mexico when WS opens and finish at the Rose and Crowne for Dinner/snacks and fireworks. It is mandatory that everyone have a drink at each world and eating is optional but someone always seems to have something to munch on. This always ends up being a great time and usually makes for some very interesting pictures toward the end of the night.:xmas:

Timmay

I have done it on two different trips...2004 and 2006. First time was strictly beer, then in 2006 I mixed it up and did beer and liquor. Never had a problem either time. I am not a big drinker at all, but living at 6,000 feet then drinking at sea level really makes the alcohol much less potent.

I had to sit out of the festivities this past January and let my wife and brother go it alone. I was sick and on antibiotics, so I did the "eating around the world game" instead...which was surprisingly just as fun.:D

We always start in the UK to and have fish 'n chips for lunch.

Jane1

lol ah the good old harry ramsden's fish and chips, i remember we got banned from purchasing them - don't know why though, so we always brought in a change of clothes so we could go down and buy them as if we were guests in the park lol have to love them :)

always get a side of chips though - they give teeny portions some times, i was quite shocked serving the chips - a big tray and then like 5 or 6 chips in it???! :O

datw@epcot

If you take a look at my user name, you will see that I was very excited to see this thread...

The only time I made it around was the day before Hurricane Charley, we started at 4, in Mexico, we ate in Mexico and Morocco and finished at 859pm in Canada, then grabbed an extra half yard for Illuminations.

I highly recommend taking this on in a group, however I don't think sharing drinks is part of the deal...we had five guys, only four made it around and only two made it around without leaving some behind, but we had an awesome time. I highly recommend this, especially to adults who are able to get down to FL without children and who are able to take Disney transportation back to their hotel; there's nothing better than being care free and drinking around the world.

Jane1

yeh they took away the half yards the summer before i came to work in the UK pavilion, a lot of guests did not know that, and you can't even take your yard if you got one the last time you were there to refil, it's not allowed. we do have special souvenir rose and crown pint glasses tho :)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Hey Shan! :wave: Sounds like we are both pro's!
13_4_9.gif
I'm game to see what you're made of in February you two! :D

DivineMadness7

From that (hardly scientific article), "Sometimes if you mix the different types of drinks you may be more sick because of the combination of the congeners." Your (again, hardly scientific article from Purdue, ah hem) does not outright "prove" that statement as 100% false. There is no evidence to support it 100% but it does not provide any to nullify it completely, either. Showing that article as outright evidence that the rhyme is false would be like showing a photo from an episode of the Twilight Zone as evidence of life on Mars. I'm glad Purdue thinks they are experts on this issue, since we all know they aren't experts when it comes to college football, haha.

I would say it varies by individual. But many people drink liquor in a mixed beverage, often containing sugars and fruit flavors, which the very short blurb says "some data confirms." Since they don't actually provide this data.....well, again, not a great article. If we're talking just straight liquor and beer, then maybe you would be fine. But just as the article says, there's no scientific evidence. I play it safe and don't mix, because when I have mixed in the past, the results have been nothing short of catastrophic. The rhyme is around for a reason and for most people, following it will help prevent an upset tummy.

It isn't so much about the portion of alcohol but the types. Again, as the article points out, large amounts of any alcohol will make you sick. But I've had one beer and followed it with a mixed drink, only to have an upset stomach. My stomach is not your stomach and so on. That's more about what is in the drinks and less about the amount of alcohol involved.

I'm sorry, I'm still laughing at the fact that you think this article actually "proved" your point.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
My drunkness doesn't have a required order of operations. I can pretty much do whatever whenever. :D:lol:
My Drinking Around the World schedule involves LOTS of mixing of beer, liquor and wine. Can you actually Drink Around the World without mixing? :shrug:

I start right when WS opens in the morning and finish up my trek as Illuminations kicks off. This usually means I spend most (if not all) of Illuminations using the restroom. Darned broken seal! :lol:

360rico1

I am going to start in Canada and and go all the way to Mexico.
I'm calling it drinking around the World in 4 hours and this event will happen on Saturday.:drevil:

I think I will end it at Rix.

EPCOT.nut

I am going to start in Canada and and go all the way to Mexico.
I'm calling it drinking around the World in 4 hours and this event will happen on Saturday.:drevil:

I think I will end it at Rix.

Have you been to the Rix before? It is really beautiful inside, especially that glowing amber bar. :D The music was terrible, however. :rolleyes:

NiarrNDisney

Drinking Around the World suggestions!

Mexico: Margarita (on the Rocks!)
Norway: Beer or Wine
China: Peach Green tea Slush
Germany: Beer and Wine
Italy: Glass of Red Rosa or Limoncello
America: Beer (If you like Budweiser) other wise Vodka & 7
Japan: Beer (Kirin) and Saki
Morocco: Beer or Sangria
France: Grand Marnier Slush or Champagne
United Kingdom: Beer (Harps)
Canada: Beer or Wine
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I post this in another thread it seems like a lot but if you pace yourself and you have a buddy to cheer you on and help drink the slushy drinks:sohappy:, you should be good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom