Drinking Around The World

epcotWSC

Original Poster
Anyone try it? Anyone finish? What's your order? How was your experience?

I gave it a try last year, but it was ridiculously hot and we didn't eat dinner because we got there later than we had originally planned, so it wasn't good. My girlfriend was rushing me from country to country. I planned like half an hour in each country at least, she was moving on in 15-20 minutes because she didn't want to drink much and it was too hot and humid. I got half way through and I was full (6 beers in a couple hours makes you full). It was fun though, we were asking people to take pictures of us in random spots. In Morocco I put the Aladdin hat on and stuff.

I went from
Canada - Moosehead
UK - Guinness (should have went with Bass, not as heavy)
France - Kronenberg
Morocco - Heiniken (they didn't have the Moroccan beer, and I hate Heiniken:hurl:)
Japan - Tsing Tsao
United States - Sam Adams
Then I couldn't drink anymore because my stomach was about to explode and my girlfriend wanted to go even though it was an extra magic hours night and the park was open for another three or so hours.

Then I had a little bit of Margarita in Mexico which Tequila disgusts me, IDK why I did it.

All-in-all t'was terrible. I want to try again next year.

IDK if hitting Mexico first is better, although I'd prefer to have my British beer before everything tastes the same.

Yanks07

Drinkin around the world is an event that needs to be savored. Take your time and enjoy! It takes me 2 days to do it properly, I like to savor and enjoy. If you have only 1 day, stick to beer only. :slurp: Have a great time!!

EPCOT.nut

:lol::lol::lol:

Just this statement has me laughing out loud at work. :D

If it was truly terrible, don't do it again.

Just go and enjoy yourself. Drink what you want because you want to, not because you feel compelled to.

I am a drinker, so I feel this is really good advice. :eek::D

Yanks07

:lol::lol::lol:

Just this statement has me laughing out loud at work. :D

If it was truly terrible, don't do it again.

Just go and enjoy yourself. Drink what you want because you want to, not because you feel compelled to.

I am a drinker, so I feel this is really good advice. :eek::D
Hey Shan! :wave: Sounds like we are both pro's!
13_4_9.gif

BigRedDad

I was in college and were there for a football game that was transferred to play at the Citrus Bowl. We were able to do it when they had all of the other Country Kiosks as well (I remember Australia was one of the kiosks). I know there is no way for me to do it again. The Yard at the UK was a doozy to end the whole trip. It took about 3 hours to do it all.

Bug715

I did it on my 21st birthday! I didn't think i'd make to to fireworks but I did!! We rode some rides (the weak ones) and even made it to Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance Hall after!! I had so much fun even though it was rainy (I didn't really notice) and I plan on doing it again next year!

Captain Hank

My two roommates did it once (I'm the perpetual DD). Well, technically, they didn't quite make it--we skipped American Adventure, rationalizing that we were in the USA already. If we'd done it, I doubt they would have made it all the way around. For the record, we started in Mexico and worked our way around to Canada. Then, they decided that they wanted to ride Test Track. I let them have their own car. Thankfully, no protein was spilled, but just think what would have happened had it been Mission: Space. :hurl:

CaptainAshley

I Drank Around the World the day i turned 21. I went during my College Program with all my closest friends and it was amazing. It was during F&W Festival so it was definitely a lot more insane than it normally should've been. I did it various times after, but I do suggest to start in Mexico. Somehow I always ended up sicker trying to end with a Mexican Margarita rather than just a simple Canadian beer. And, i don't see how anyone can do it just spending like, 20 min in a country. It really needs to be a full day, 9 hour event. Start at like, noon and just be happy to get around by Illuminations. Don't go overboard with Sake in Japan-- I've seen many feel very good around that halfway point and think they can handle a lot more than they can. The "rules" as I always understood them to be was that you are supposed to drink whatever the specialty beverage of that given country is: aka, mexico = margarita, france = wine, japan = sake, uk = the yard (rip Yard, you will be sorely missed). Nobody in the party can advance until everyone has finished their drink. Attractions are supposed to be enjoyed in every country along the way (i love the French movie, but boy can it get a whole lot more exciting during the Tour de France clip lol), don't be rude or obnoxious or disorderly, treat allllll guests and cast members with as much respect, or more, than ever, and PACE YOURSELF! Anyway, it's always a fun day. Everyone should get to turn 21 the way i did! :D

mrerk

Premium Member
Since we are kind of on the subject, what ever happened to the planned tequila bar in Mexico? Did it ever open? It was supposed to open in the summer, then maybe for F&W, then ?? Anyone?

Kelsybelle

Drinkin around the world is an event that needs to be savored. Take your time and enjoy! It takes me 2 days to do it properly, I like to savor and enjoy. If you have only 1 day, stick to beer only. :slurp: Have a great time!!

Great advice!

Advice that would have come in handy back in 1995...oh, that and sun block (not oil) is a necessity at Typhoon Lagoon....a memorable vacation but I have never been so drunk/hung over/sunburned in my entire life! Now that I'm in my (cough) early 30's...:lookaroun with a little one to look after, I stick to a glass or 2 of champange while enjoying Epcot. :)

epcotWSC

Original Poster
I Drank Around the World the day i turned 21. I went during my College Program with all my closest friends and it was amazing. It was during F&W Festival so it was definitely a lot more insane than it normally should've been. I did it various times after, but I do suggest to start in Mexico. Somehow I always ended up sicker trying to end with a Mexican Margarita rather than just a simple Canadian beer. And, i don't see how anyone can do it just spending like, 20 min in a country. It really needs to be a full day, 9 hour event. Start at like, noon and just be happy to get around by Illuminations. Don't go overboard with Sake in Japan-- I've seen many feel very good around that halfway point and think they can handle a lot more than they can. The "rules" as I always understood them to be was that you are supposed to drink whatever the specialty beverage of that given country is: aka, mexico = margarita, france = wine, japan = sake, uk = the yard (rip Yard, you will be sorely missed). Nobody in the party can advance until everyone has finished their drink. Attractions are supposed to be enjoyed in every country along the way (i love the French movie, but boy can it get a whole lot more exciting during the Tour de France clip lol), don't be rude or obnoxious or disorderly, treat allllll guests and cast members with as much respect, or more, than ever, and PACE YOURSELF! Anyway, it's always a fun day. Everyone should get to turn 21 the way i did! :D

I always thought it was just a drink from that country. I'm big on beer (not cheep beer though like Bud which is gross) and am not big liquor.

I figure this to be the order (either way if you're having all beer, shouldn't make a difference). Although I think starting from Canada is better because it's better beer on that side.
Mexico - XX Lager or whichever beer they have
Norway - Carlsberg
China - Tsing Tao
Germany - Beck's Oktoberfest
Italy - Perroni
US - Sam Adams
Japan - Kirin Beer
Morocco - Casa beer
France - Karlsberg
UK - Bass or Guinness
Canada - Moosehead

I think the trick next time will be to drink plenty of water beforehand, to eat a meal before and to eat throughout. Also to start around lunch time instead of around 5:30 or 6PM. I also need to view all the shows. Although I do want to see El Rio del Tiempo while drunk, it's always been a dream of mine :lol:. I also gotta force my girlfriend to drink with me so that she can't complain while I take my sweet ol'time.

I think last time it was just bad form, no food, hot, dehydrated, rushing, bad pace. I think I learned a few things from the pros here. Thank you all :).

This is something that I feel the need to do, it's one of those things at Disney that I feel you have to do at least once. Kind of like drinking Beverly at the Club Cool. Which for some reason I thought was actually really good tasting (my girlfriend thought I was nuts).

JenJas87

Anyone try it? Anyone finish? What's your order? How was your experience?

I gave it a try last year, but it was ridiculously hot and we didn't eat dinner because we got there later than we had originally planned, so it wasn't good. My girlfriend was rushing me from country to country. I planned like half an hour in each country at least, she was moving on in 15-20 minutes because she didn't want to drink much and it was too hot and humid. I got half way through and I was full (6 beers in a couple hours makes you full). It was fun though, we were asking people to take pictures of us in random spots. In Morocco I put the Aladdin hat on and stuff.

I went from
Canada - Moosehead
UK - Guinness (should have went with Bass, not as heavy)
France - Kronenberg
Morocco - Heiniken (they didn't have the Moroccan beer, and I hate Heiniken:hurl:)
Japan - Tsing Tsao
United States - Sam Adams
Then I couldn't drink anymore because my stomach was about to explode and my girlfriend wanted to go even though it was an extra magic hours night and the park was open for another three or so hours.

Then I had a little bit of Margarita in Mexico which Tequila disgusts me, IDK why I did it.

IDK if hitting Mexico first is better, although I'd prefer to have my British beer before everything tastes the same.

you are going to go back and do it again. Unfortunately Tsing Tsao is Chinese and not Japanese. Kirin is a Japanese beer as well as Sapporo. I cant wait to go back and try this again! Oh and be sure to try the Grand Marnier orange slushies in france

Jane1

It was a very big tradition for all cast members who worked there. as soon as you turned 21 away you went to drink around the world. and the day off you got during the week you started at 11am as soon as it opened and continued til bout 5 or so lol was fun. then you had a hangover in the evening and were fine next day :) then on day of the disney graduation it was the plan to go to contemporary resort for graduation at 7am i think it was, then off to magic kingdom to get photos and balloons, then off to epcot, have lunch in your pavilion, then drink around the world all dressed up with your mickey grad ears :) for us, we had thunder storm in the afternoon but it didn't deter us, oh no, we drank around the world soaking wet lol best day ever. but my drinks were welsh dragon, so-co and pina colada in uk, then france was champagne, then italy was rosa regale - sooooo good :), then morocco i had the sultan's colada, and germany - cus i don't like beer, i took a white desert wine which was nice. aww good memories, oh and mexico the magheritas - soo strong lol made the mistake all the time of going to mexico first and being tipsy straight away lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom