Drinking Around the World.....In Epcot!

jeffs10

Me and my girlfriend do it every year for the past 5 years we share the drinks and take photos at every country. I would say average 6.50 -7.50 per drink (prices gone up in the last 3 years) thats 11 countries i would say around $77 to drink around the world plus tip in the uk. But i'd say its worth it.

See my photos

Jeff

jeffs10

The 1/2 yards are nice $12 for 1/2 and plastic 1/2 yard you can keep plus you can pay around $8 for a refill.

Whats everyone favorite drink from around the world

I always like guinness and strong bow from the Uk or the viking coffee is great also

Enderikari

Hmm.... My last trip to Epcot involved drinking four and a half feet of beer.... So, I had to get a half yard... three times... total cost...around 28 dollars... Woulda had more, but the group i was with cut me off

celticdog

Enderikari said:
Hmm.... My last trip to Epcot involved drinking four and a half feet of beer.... So, I had to get a half yard... three times... total cost...around 28 dollars... Woulda had more, but the group i was with cut me off

I can relate. The little woman cut me off after a yard and a half. Apparently I was starting to get stupid.:lol:

jeffs10

Hopefully You where Staying On site so you didnt have to worry about driving.

Thats one of the reason i Love WDW so much. Once you get there you dont have to worry about driving for the whole week. Let Disney Do it for your and you can enjoy yourself and drink around the world. I do it safely every year.

togasports

Drink around the world on Sunday! Cant Wait!
I am 1-1 on completion of it, I am looking to get a game above .500
I highly recommend Starting in France and going Counter clockwise to avoid getting derailed in Canada or the UK.

LoveYa

my advice... don't start in Mexico with margaritas! Those baby's are Stroong !

We Made it to Canada and had to stop . sooo close.

I'll get em next time!

and my favorite drink was the plum wine in china. yum
... and the egg rolls:slurp:

palmage

i don't know that there is a list of drinks that you can get around the world, but as a "certified" beer adventurer who has done several laps around the world, here's what I can tell you, starting in Canada and going counter clockwise:

Canada: (prices between $US 5-9)
draughts include moosehead
bottles include labatt's, labbatt's light, and sometimes Fin d'Monde
I don't remember there being wine or other adult beverages available at the stand so unless you go into Le Cellier, beer is your drink

UK:
The Rose and Crown is definitely my fave. They have a full bar and usually offer a "drink of the day". All sorts of British ales/beers/lagers. If you just want to try the stand outside they have Guiness, Bass and Harp. They're about $8/pint. They recently had a beers around the world stand outside that also served some beers from other nations.

France:
Beer is Kronenburg and is about $6/bottle
Large selection of wines, champagnes and cognacs, both at the outside stand and at the counter in the wine store. Prices vary depending on what you want, but wine usually goes for about $3-5, champagnes about $7-9

Morroco:
Offers coffee liquors and also Casablanca beer. I believe they also have heineken and bud/bud light in the counter service restaurant. The table service restaurant offers a full bar.

Japan:
Saki bar inside Mitsukoshi gift shop. The sushi place upstairs offers a full bar including many Japanese drinks. The kakighori stand has Kirin, Kirin light, and Kirin ichiban beers. Saki is about $3-6, beer is about $4-7

US:
Bud, Bud light, one of those weird winecoolery things, and Sam Adams. Usually around $5-7

Italy:
Alfredo's offers a full bar (its a restaurant, but you can order drinks at your table). Try the Cafe Alfredo! Delicious.
The wine store offers many different types as well as my wife's fave Rosa Regale (prices from $3-7)
The stand outside offers peroni beer and other wines.

Germany:
Need you ask? The cart has bottled beers from Germany. The stand offers draughts (Lowenbrau and Lowenbrau Oktoberfest I believe). The counter service just outside the BierGarten has Jaeger, Rumpleminz, Apfelcorn(sp?), as well as several German beers. The BierGarten itself serves liters of good stuff as well as other adult beverages and many wines

The outpost:
Michelob, Mich Ultra, and a few other things. Officially, I don't know if this counts as a stop on the "beers around the world thing" I am a purist and only really count the 11 countries, but if you're thirsty between Germany and China, this might help you out.

China-
Plum Wine and TsingTao Beer (about $5 bottle). Nine Dragons has a selection of other beers and liquors and also has a full bar I believe.

Norway-
The stand outside usually has some different wines (including US wines) as well as Bud Light light and Karlsberg beer. You can get a huge beer there (its like $10 i think, but they also have smaller beers for like $6-7.) The bakery has several other beer and wine selections. The restaurant Akershus is like the other restaurants in that they offer more liquor drinks and wine selections. Norway used to serve Rignes beer...it was good and I miss it. :cry:

Mexico-
There is a stand that serves frozen margaritas of different flavors (strawberry, line, mango and something else) I think they're like $8?
The cantina de san angel, just outside the pyramid offers a drinks line (to the left of the actual food line) that has Dos Equis (XX) and also regular frozen margaritas. The San Angel Restaurant in the pyramid has several other Mexican beers, both on tap and bottled including Tecate, Negra Modelo and some others, as well as either frozen or on the rocks margaritas and other Mexican drinks.

That's about all i can do from memory. Good luck making it around. Be sure to have a designated driver or use Disney transport because even though 11 drinks over the course of a day doesn't sound like much, it will definitely do you in! Be sure to eat alot too! (my wife suggests that if you start in Canada, avoid the strawberry margarita at the end of the day...trust me...it was not pretty....:hurl: )

Have fun!:p :dazzle:
You guys are all my heros!!!
Disney needs more good power drinkers like you....

righttrack

If you're going to do this, I strongly suggest sticking with the beer rather than the mixed drinks. The beer will at least keep you hydrated.

robby.horne

Half Yards at Rose and Crown

Sad news that I haven't seen added yet...I visited Feb. 2008 and the Half Yards were no longer available for purchase or refill at Rose and Crown. The explanation I received was that a law was passed prohibiting refillable beer mugs for health reasons. But, they really didn't add any beer glasses that were a comprable size...such as the beer in Germany. Therefore, I wondering if there were other reasons. Please update if there has been any changes as of February or if you have additional information.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
righttrack;2793033 The beer will at least keep you hydrated.[/QUOTE said:
Rrrrrigghhhtttt, cause thats obviously a major concern for anyone panning to drink their way around the world. :animwink:

Left to right then back again, anything less is a big girls blouse

chick2686

drinking around the world, Epcot

Hey guys I am going to Disney on Sunday Aug. 10 2008, I was wondering about this drinkin around the world thing. First I was wondering if this is something you just do on your own or if Disney has any special things for it. Second I was wondering what the best strategy is to drink around the world at Epcot. Thanks!!!!!

Bug715

Its awesome! There is another thread that was more recent in Trip planning and such that has a lot of information. I used some of it and added my own from my 21st birthday trip around the world.

It isn't an offical disney event but tons of people do it. I met a girl halfway through who's 21st birthday it was also and she was doing the same thing.

All I can say is eat as you go.

dixiegirl

Can anyone tell me whats in a BLue Moonshine ? They have it at The Muddy Rivers outdoor bar At POR. I know there are 3 "white" liquors in it with a splash of sweet and sour mix and blue curaco, but not sure which white liquors are in it...Help me !!

urbanvegan

Can anyone tell me whats in a BLue Moonshine ? They have it at The Muddy Rivers outdoor bar At POR. I know there are 3 "white" liquors in it with a splash of sweet and sour mix and blue curaco, but not sure which white liquors are in it...Help me !!

The Blue Moonshine is white rum, gin, Absolut Vodka and Blue Curacao with a splash of sweet & sour mix.

TekunoRobby

Man, I really need to do this. I'm sure I won't have trouble convincing my friends to participate when they come up to visit me. Hopefully I can make it out of the park. :ROFLOL:

Mrs.Toad

Too funny. I had an Epcot drinking around the world experience a few years ago. It was my brother's birthday and we were with a group of friends. We had a few guidelines in place.

1. Meet at Mexico at 12:00 - sharp
2. Only one drink at each pavilion
3. End in Canada
4. Made sure we had a good breakfast and took breaks to see attractions and snack throughout the day.
5. Most important - nobody was driving - Utilized Disney transportation

O.k. so my brother and his friend first insisted on buying Viking helmets with long braids to start off. I didn't realize that was part of the plan but considering it wasn't my birthday I had to go with it.:brick:

I believe we had....

Mexico - Dos Equis

Norway - Norwegian beer - forgot the name

China - Tsing Tao - Never had it before and it's good

Germany - beer - forgot

Italy - served 3 little flights - a nice little wine tasting

American Adventure - skipped because we wanted to try imported drinks

Japan - The guys had Sapporo and the girls had plum wine (very sweet tasting)

Morocco - forgot

France - 3 flights - French wine tasting

U.K. - some had Bass and some had Harp

Canada - Moosehead

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom