Dream Job at Disney?

Spectroman17

First, I'd love to be a monorail/tram driver or a driver of the boats on The Seven Seas Lagoon. Second I'd love to be a Spectroman or Aladdin, and Goofy in Cinderella's Suprise Celebration. Third, I'd love to be a ride tech for Space, Thunder, or Splash Mountain.

Hmm.. i'd say my first choice would be a tie.. i'd want to be an imagineer/monorail driver that way i could get ideas from guests while driving then go apply those thoughts. :)

RPMdfw

How about paid tourist? secret shopper? whatever the title is for the guy who gets to go to the parks, and get paid for it.

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by MISS MINNIE
I am with Motherhamv - I too would love to work on the front desk at a Disney Hotel - seeing all those happy people checking in with Wide Eyed Kids and the sadness of checking out but knowing (on average) that they will be back again:p

Is the pay any good???

Disney magic :p

Jayne Birmingham UK

For the most part, positions at Disney start out at 6.60 to 7.00 an hour. There are a few entry level positions that will pay slightly higher than this but they require special skills like being able to drive a bus. Disney is unionized and the wages progress upward over about a 5 year period. Eventually and again depending on position, you will be in the range of about 12 to 13 dollars an hour. The medical benefits are excellent compared to most coporations and its nice to get into the parks any time you want to go. The Maingate passes and comp tickets are nice too for taking friends and family. There is alos a myriad of discounts for cast members both on and off property.

niteobsrvr

I always wanted to work at Disney ever since I was there for the first time in 1977. I was able to make that dream come true starting in Spetember of 2000 until May 2002 of this year.

It truly is an amazing place to work but there is a downside. The magic you experience as a guest is not the same when you work there. As with anything, when the mystery is gone some of the fun goes away too. Its also probably not the best place to try and earn a living for a family. From my perspective to work their after your retirement or when you are in your twenties is the ideal situation.

Some of you are probably wondering why I left Disney. Well, I wasn't fired, LOL. It was a dream job and it still is a dream job. Upon my retirement or when I get bored with the daily grind of my current occupation, I will be back. But for now, there are other dreams to explore and places to be.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Michael72688
I would want to be a performer in the Tapestry of Dreams!

good luck... I don't believe they're hiring any more puppeteers for it, especially since it's gone in 2 months

dreamer

My dream Disney job would be to work for one of the guides (Birnbaum, Unofficial) and critique the restaurants, resorts and rides.

I'm sure I'd have to visit every month or more and check out every ride to keep abreast of changes and make sure the guide is up to date. :D

Irrawaddy Erik

I would want to be Rob............NO DARN thats already been takin..........ok I would want to be a super gretter.......ahhh I miss that position

MKCustodial

Originally posted by hmppan
I would want to be Rob............NO DARN thats already been takin..........ok I would want to be a super gretter.......ahhh I miss that position

I'll say, it must be a BALL!!! Like a Custodial, but without the trash (only verbal, though... :lookaroun )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom